Ryan Jack - God loves a trier...

Gazza or Barry Ferguson would struggle with Jason holt and josh Windass in midfield with him the 2 of them are like wee boys playing a mans game

Of all the players to have a go at RJ is probably the last to deserve it.

He does the job he’s put there to do.

I don’t agree he is a plodder but do agree he is a half decent SPL player.

Where we are at the minute, all we can do is fill our team with half decent SPL players. A half decent Manager will organise them and get the best out of them.

I didn’t think he had that bad a game, Windass,Miller,Candeias,Herrera however were atrocious and a bunch of sh*t bags

...But it's time to accept he's nothing more than a half-decent SPL plodder.

The folk thinking we should fill our squad with more of them have to re-evaluate.

McLean, Moult, Walker etc.

We won't close the gap with this calibre of player.
None of them would get on the mentally challengeds bench.

Pedro may have misspent, but we'd be no further on with a team packed with the same type of player we were willing to punt to League One for buttons in the summer.

Yes, we probably would.
Would Moult be an improvement on Herrera?
Would you have McLean or Windass each week?
I’m not sure about Walker over Candeias but I’ll still ask.
That’s my re-evaluation.
I’ll give you that it might not win us the league but I’m certain we’d have won our last two games.

He is a player that could be very effective with the right players around him.
Same goes with every other player in that team

Unless we get lucky, we need to spend big on a quality manager,
Who then needs to spend big on 3 quality players that can change a game.

He started the season fine then failed his first big test - the bheggars at Ibrox. Couldn't get into them, didn't lay a glove, brushed aside.

Hopeless at Fir Hill. Was not missed at McDiarmid Park and completely non existent in a cup semi final when we needed some one to stand up and fight back. Since then he's been useless.

He's another clogger not good enough for Rangers and in the same mould as Jason Holt.

Doesn't protect the back four, rarely offers any thing in attack. His positional sense is poor, he doesn't read the game well - rarely breaks up play or wins a tackle. Runs about the midfield area contributing next to nothing.

Aberdeen don't miss him one bit whilst we are a complete laughing stock in the middle of the park as we lose yet another game.

This is why I don't want scrap like Walker, McLean...

Ryan Jack is a holding midfielder one of the only players in the team i would give pass marks for last night.

He does the unspectacular work but is surrounded by players like Holt and Windass so effectively the only midfielder we have in the team as the others are a waste of a shirt .

To single him out for blame is ludicrous, I would have him as captain and Miller sitting in the house where Pedro put him and he should have stayed.

I dont mind jack, thought he was just ok tonight. Can be neat and tidy but not the player I thought he was, the whole midfield had no dig, no one will put their foot in like a mccall or ferguson. Dare I say rossiter would have been that player.

Surprised jack is getting stick he played ok last night. Jack, McCrorie and Merelos are all our new manager has to build on. The rest are dross and miles away from a decent team.
Players ike Holt and Windass will give fans a heart attack.

Not as good as some would have you believe.

But it's a team game.

I like midfielders who can control a game and drive a team forward. We don't have that.

He’s decent - nothing more, nothing less.

‘Ideally’ he’s a 4th or 5th choice centre mid; not part of any preferred line up but a guy who can do a job when required with better players. I’d say similar for Candeias.

Filling the squad with more guys of this level will not improve things.

Jack offers nothing in 442 in my opinion. Much more suited to sitting in dm with 2 central midfield players in front of him in a 433

I thought he was ok tonight, not helped at all by the fact that Jason Holt had one of his worst ever performances in a Rangers jersey. Lost count of the number of times he lost the ball in dangerous areas in the middle of the park.

100% correct,he contributes nothing,does nothing more than a easy pass that achieves nothing,can’t tackle,brushed off the ball like a wee boy & not one driving run the whole game,to think of the midfielders we have had in our history & now we have J Holt...........embarrassing!

Some of the players will respond to a new manager and some better players around them, that mob were average at best prior to the tranny and a couple of decent additions. Spfl players can be part of that as long as they have fight in them.

The folk thinking we should fill our squad with more of them have to re-evaluate.

We won't close the gap with this calibre of player. None of them would get on the mentally challengeds bench.

Pedro may have misspent, but we'd be no further on with a team packed with the same type of player we were willing to punt to League One for buttons in the summer.

Correct , I have being saying this for long and weary

We won't close the gap with this calibre of player. None of them would get on the mentally challengeds bench.

Pedro may have misspent, but we'd be no further on with a team packed with the same type of player we were willing to punt

to League One for buttons in the summer.[/QUOT

Disagree on Moult, he’s the big Centre Forward like Hately was that gets himself around the only problem would be our Back Passing Midfield, would he get the ball up front?

He is only as good as the players around him. No point in him doing all the work for it to break down once he makes a pass.

Much of Celtic’s recent successes has been with a spine of Gordon, Brown, Armstrong and Griffiths. They were all previous ‘SPL Plodders’.

As were much of our 9IAR team.

If you take all the other teams’ best players, it’s not too big a stretch to expect to win most of your games if properly managed.

A better team being able to carry him is an argument you could make for any of our players.

A better team wouldnt carry Windas, Wilson , Holt Miller they would be weak links . Jack would slot in do his job of keeping possession and passing out to the more creative players.

I just watched this.

"The feeling is there's too many gaps in the middle and it's too easy for teams against us and that's the feeling across the whole squad".

Team knows the problem, doesn't know how to fix it.

Well, if I wasn't worried before...

Didn't really get the praise he seemed to get at the start of the season but nor do i think he deserves any heavy criticism. As usual, the in between is probably true. He is decent no more no less.

I severely doubt we will ever win the league with him as an integral first team player but he is fine as a squad player & an upgrade on what we had before. The problem is that he doesn't impose himself on the game but neither is he effective enough at giving the back four protection & breaking up play.

He's neat and tidy, but doesn't really dominate physically, which is what you want from a holding midfielder who isn't interested in scoring.

If Rossiter was fit then I'd recommend giving him a go alongside Dorrans, but the chances of both of them being fit at the same time seems slim.

Stood next to him with his street clothes at a Scotland game at Hampden. First thing that hit me was how skinny he was. He does not have the tools to dominate physically.

Had we signed McLean, Moult and Walker in the Summer we would have signed one good player from three.

Moult looks like a player.

He is never going to dominate the middle of the park or go on a mazy run and put it in the top corner ala Ferguson/Durrant. However, he is tidy and should be a decent squad player. As it stands he is one of our better players. Much more worrying positions than his tbh.

I disagree I think the players you named would have been better than the assortment of dud Mexican and Portuguese players. Would they win us the SPFL - ? No but we might be 2/3 in the league and maybe fluke a cup win.

He was supposed to be our bite in the middle of the park, the man who sits, breaks up play, protects the back four and recycles the ball. He was going to banjo the likes of a Scott Brown...

Then FF woke up and we are in the same position we've been in before with a player who is nowhere near the level some thought he was.

The boy McGowan for Dundee looked every bit the player Jack is. He couldn't look at a John McGinn and Aberdeen don't miss him.

Yet another average joe to add to the long list of them at the club.

Jesus wept, we are slating Jack when we have a midfield of Holt, Windass, Miller and Candeias.
Bloody hell even De Bruyne would struggle in that midfield

Back