Ryan Jack Instagram Post.

kamara for me as well - as much he will have his place the midfield 3 will be Jack Aribo and Zungu imho

Yep. Kamara’s a cracking player. I just think our midfield was at its best last season with Jack and Davis a bit deeper. Zungu looks perfect for SD’s role. Playing against SPFL teams out with the tims, Jack should be pushing forward more.

Jack's a fine player, but in the system we play right now he's the weakest link.

If we sign Zungu he should replace Jack who is limiting our ability to build quickly from the back. Might be difficult to captain from the bench.

What a snide comment “might be difficult to captain from the bench”

Seen enough of Zungu have you to know he will displace our POTY?

Well the manager picked Tavernier as our leader and captain...

And he also made Goldson the vice captain, saying that Tav only pipped him due to his experience of Scottish football, the level of standards that is needed here at Rangers and that all the players looked up to Tav.

Well the manager picked Tavernier as our leader and captain...

And?

Tav may not run about shouting, but he definitely leads by example. Never hides and is always try to push forward and start attacks. I have no issue with Tav being captain.

However, as a team, we do need to find a killer instinct. It’s there, as we’ve seen time and again in Europa and v the tims. We just need to see it against the dross.

We don’t have a ‘real’ Rangers captain in the squad. I guess it happens during some periods, but I’m surprised Gerrard hasn’t addressed it. I expected it to be his first order of business, just like it was for Souness.

Still, I’m always told captains are ‘different‘ these days, so let’s just hope that’s true.

I would of went for Alfredo or shagger
We don’t have a ‘real’ Rangers captain in the squad. I guess it happens during some periods, but I’m surprised Gerrard hasn’t addressed it. I expected it to be his first order of business, just like it was for Souness.

Still, I’m always told captains are ‘different‘ these days, so let’s just hope that’s true.
yes we do and its Allan McGregor

The real Rangers captain

Jack is a great player for us but he’s not a Rangers captain. You wouldn’t have seen Grieg, Ferguson, Ricksen or even Weir crying in a league cup final defeat against them. I know I’m harsh but I think that’s the reality

He was dreadful today. Summed up the slow, passive play we had in large spells. Our best play happened when we weren’t playing through him. Just seems to struggle in games against defensive sides.

If we're talking about Jack I'd like to see him improve in his covering for Tav, too often Goldson gets dragged too far out because Tav's not back and RJ hasn't filled in.

Jack was a great player for us last season , no doubt about that.

He isn’t going forward as much to get goals, but that must come through Gerrards tactics. Get him going forward again to get the best out of him for sure. Worthy of POTY.

Goldson isn’t a leader either.
tenor.gif

Think I am probably on my own here, but I actually really like Goldson. I do feel he was played way too often last season given the number of games, which affected his form.

Latest posts

Back