Ryan Jack must be close to a return now. Surely?

Jordan Rossiter plays more football than Jack now.

It's a shame but his career is totally blighted by injury and that's not gonna suddenly change.

It is beyond frustrating but I would argue he is absolutely key when fit. He would start every game for me.
He would but it’s getting close to the point his ability and first pick is past tence. Needs to appear and stay there this side of Christmas or how long do we wait’

Behave!! Even if we got 20 games(1/3 of the season) out of him he improves the team
Needs to be on the pitch soon to get to 20 games. Great player when fit bit it seems
To be hard for him to get fit and stay that way.

I would certainly trust Gerrard's judgement over many of the naysayers.

That said, if he was getting a back operation to fix a calf issue...and was going to be out for months anyway, is it utterly ridiculous to suggest that they could have fixed his knee at the same time?

If it's a case that his knee is beyond repair then we do have a long term issue as we can never rely upon him. It's a bit like Helander.. we are always waiting for the next time he breaks down

You compared Ryan Jack with Rossiter which is a strange point to make seeing as one has played a pivatol role in our progression under Gerrard and ultimately won us 55, to Rossiter who hardly played for us then left . Very very strange comparison

How is it a strange point?

Rossiter missed a shit load of football due to constantly being injured. Usually '7-10 days' away or different niggles during recovery.

That's the exact same thing we've had with Jack over the last couple of years.

So not a very strange comparison. For some reason you seem to think I'm comparing their ability as footballers or their respective careers at Rangers.

The only comparison between Jack and Rossiter is missing games with niggles.

Seems Rossiter finally got to the bottom of his. And I'm pleased for him. Playing weekly now and Fleetwood captain.

Here's hoping we get to the bottom of Jack's with the same results.

We lose less goals with "jacko" in the team.

It was def a back operation but I thought that was to do with his knee (as strange as it all sounds). I might have got my wires crossed but was told that the operation has done what it was suppose to and its 100% solved that problem and the reason he’s out at the moment is just muscle tweaks on the way back to full fitness. He was back running etc quite a few weeks ago.
Muscle strains really common after lay off. Post covid was a big issue restarting. Clubs saying they couldn’t rush it. Don’t forget it’s players going back up to the full power and intensity of a professional athlete.

Jack will never play a meaningful long term role for us again. He's crocked, shame as a solid player who was getting better in the prime years.

He'll come back do a wee run of games and pick up an injury, I imagine he'll see out his contract and move on.

Rossiter missed a shit load of football due to constantly being injured. Usually '7-10 days' away or different niggles during recovery.

So not a very strange comparison. For some reason you seem to think I'm comparing their ability as footballers or their respective careers at Rangers.
Comparing Jack with Rossiter is snide and you know it, different careers altogether but you batter in righting Jack off with snidness :rolleyes:

Ryan Jack I can take or leave tbh.

Sometimes I think he's meh and other times when he's in the mood and gets on the ball he literally allows us to play 10 yards further up the pitch and looks a player.

Think he's quite over-rated at times tbh and Davis & Kamara are much better players but if we can get him fit again and back to form there's no way I'd be cutting him loose. I want him for the squad.
We’re a better team with Ryan Jack in midfield. He plugs holes, we look far stronger defensively with jack available. The first name on my team sheet if available.

Hopefully no news is good news and Jack will come back stronger, the last surgery was supposed to be the one to have fixed his previous issues.

If thats true he’ll come back into the side and it’ll leave a good few “medical experts” on here eating humble pie.

Comparing Jack with Rossiter is snide and you know it, different careers altogether but you batter in righting Jack off with snidness :rolleyes:

Why are you still trying to compare their careers haha? I've said 2 or 3 times now what I meant ffs.

Jack made 24 appearances last season and 36 the season before. He clearly has injury problems but it hardly compares to Rossiter who never made more than 6 appearances in a season.

Those writing him off and/or demanding he is sold want to catch a grip of themselves. We are a far better team with him in it and I would be more than willing to see what kind of player we get back now. Patience is clearly the key with these niggles

we could be looking at a major rebuild next season , jacks a good player when fit but missing half a season is not value for money
we should be signing at least one midfielder of quality in january to let them bed in for next season as chances are davis might retire, kamara sold and jacks constant injurys and thats only in the midfield area
Who or when we sign players will depend on how far we go in Europe.

Ryan Jack has been excellent when available and we owe it to both ourselves and the player to give him every chance of making a comeback. For the Lyon game, i think he’d be perfect. I have a feeling Gerrard might go with a midfield 3 of Davis, Kamara and Lundstram tomorrow night. Aribo is far better 1 forward and Lundstram is more natural in there. He’s settled a wee bit as well now and he’s looked decent when he’s been brought on as a sub. He might offer us strength and possession in the middle of the park.

Unfortunately that’s not really true due to our failure to upgrade the starting eleven.

As it stands at this moment in time our best line-up doesn’t contain any of the players added to the squad in the past couple of windows.

Ryan Jack returning therefore would be a huge boost for us.

Whether he’ll ever be the player he was is the big question.
Good point. Thank goodness we didn’t sell any of our best players as the summer recruits haven’t really set the heather on fire yet.

He has , am afraid the lad is done at this level probably could play on for years at a lesser team but us being the top end of level in Scotland to many games & to physical for him now as he just keeps picking up injuries.
yeah you are probably correct, a shame as hes some player when on form

Unfortunately that’s not really true due to our failure to upgrade the starting eleven.

As it stands at this moment in time our best line-up doesn’t contain any of the players added to the squad in the past couple of windows.

How about you give the new guys a chance. How do you know Bacuna or Lundstram won’t be an upgrade ?

Ryan Jack has been excellent when available and we owe it to both ourselves and the player to give him every chance of making a comeback. For the Lyon game, i think he’d be perfect. I have a feeling Gerrard might go with a midfield 3 of Davis, Kamara and Lundstram tomorrow night. Aribo is far better 1 forward and Lundstram is more natural in there. He’s settled a wee bit as well now and he’s looked decent when he’s been brought on as a sub. He might offer us strength and possession in the middle of the park.
I think Rangers have given him chance after chance, injury after injury. Gerrard likes him a lot clearly, hes a really good player and important to the team but the reality is hes injury prone and not going to shake that given his age and cumulative impact of injury history.

If the last month has shown us anything its how vital availability is and thats the one thing Ryan Jack, unfortunately, cannot ever give.

When he comes back I just hope common sense prevails and Gerrard uses him sparingly going forward, certainly not playing every game because he cant handle it and will just end up injured.

His composure and control seems ideal for Europe and big SPFL games but playing him vs the likes of STJ or Dundee Utd to kick kicked for 90 mins seems illogical.

Id rather see him fully fit playing 20-25 good games than in and out the team making 30+ appearances with variable impact.

If he was anywhere close to fitness and there was a Old Firm game or a cup final up next, you better believe he'd be in the starting lineup

Another Kevin Thomson, great player but could never stay clear of injury. Both would of been Rangers captains had it not been for injuries.

Looking forward to seeing him make 20 or so appearances, as said he's a quality player.
Don't think we can ever rely on him to make more of those, so for that reason we really need better cover for the 30 odd games he misses each season.

So many people on here talking about Jack always picking up injuries like Kevin Thompson etc
Why don't you try reading & listening to what's been said about Jack? It's the same injury issue that causes the bother, in issue that we believe we have figured out and fixed with this surgery.
The same way we figured out and fixed jordan rossiters issues, and got him back playing.

I agree with you it's not a comparison of their abilities, Its more the frustration of continually hearing another set back with Ryan Jack, I've got to the point unfortunately of giving up on when he is fit again and even if he is when is the next injury going to happen. A point was taken up with a poster earlier regarding Helander and he is getting that way to where the injuries are occuring more frequently.

So many people on here talking about Jack always picking up injuries like Kevin Thompson etc
Why don't you try reading & listening to what's been said about Jack? It's the same injury issue that causes the bother, in issue that we believe we have figured out and fixed with this surgery.
The same way we figured out and fixed jordan rossiters issues, and got him back playing.

He's still always injured...

But since we’ve fixed it he’s broke down already twice in training?

As a long term starter at this club, it’s not going to happen. His body is betraying him sadly

He's still always injured...
Rossiter? He played 36 games last season and played all of their league games so far this season. Hopefully we’ve fixed Jacks issues as well as he’s one of Gerrards favourite players and a key part of our team on his day.

Thank god Steven Gerrard’s a fan.
And that's what people forget when saying just get rid of him etc Gerrard loves him as a player and when fit he's the first name on the team sheet. Jack brings so much to the side and protects the defence so well as well which at times especially against the likes of Malmo has been missing. My favourite line and it's back in this thread is 'we have moved on from him anyway' when we haven't as we are a better side with him in the team.

For me Jack has a decision to make regarding international football if he's fully fit and has no issues then fine but if he goes and comes back injured for a spell for me he has to give it up. Theres no need to rush him back anyway we have plenty of midfield options. It's one thing for me the management team have been guilty of in the past is bringing players back too quickly like Jack and Roofe last season.

And that's what people forget when saying just get rid of him etc Gerrard loves him as a player and when fit he's the first name on the team sheet. Jack brings so much to the side and protects the defence so well as well which at times especially against the likes of Malmo has been missing. My favourite line and it's back in this thread is 'we have moved on from him anyway' when we haven't as we are a better side with him in the team.

For me Jack has a decision to make regarding international football if he's fully fit and has no issues then fine but if he goes and comes back injured for a spell for me he has to give it up. Theres no need to rush him back anyway we have plenty of midfield options. It's one thing for me the management team have been guilty of in the past is bringing players back too quickly like Jack and Roofe last season.
Last season Jack was to blame for his last injury. Gerrard was raging with him for playing on while he had pain. He obviously didn't want to miss any more football, but it really backfired.
I'd blame the medical team and manager for the farce that was Tavernier's injury though. He was clearly not fit to continue. It did allow Patterson to break through though.

A fit Ryan Jack would be the first name on my team sheet.

Last season Jack was to blame for his last injury. Gerrard was raging with him for playing on while he had pain. He obviously didn't want to miss any more football, but it really backfired.
I'd blame the medical team and manager for the farce that was Tavernier's injury though. He was clearly not fit to continue. It did allow Patterson to break through though.
I know Patterson had broke COVID rules at the time but he only got his chance cause how poor Balogun was at right back. Roofe was one last season in the New year where he looked like a player rushed back he was so far off the pace and a shadow of the player he could be.

Yeah I remember the Jack one and I'm sure Gerrard said at the time it wouldn't be as bad as they thought it was until the scan proved otherwise and it ruled him out for the rest of the season.

But since we’ve fixed it he’s broke down already twice in training?

As a long term starter at this club, it’s not going to happen. His body is betraying him sadly
Show me where someone had said he's "broken down" in training?
How do you know this?

Back