Ryan Jack must be close to a return now. Surely?

Think there's a definite sea change in the thinking of the support with regards Jacko.

Hes been missing that long he's becoming a bit of a forgotten man. I'd love to see him back to his best but its beginning to look like that's a long shot these days.

For what it's worth I think we would have got past Malmo if he was fit and playing.

People speaking like has been out an incredibly lengthy time, he was playing football in February.

Since joining us his appearances in all competitions per season have been;

17/18; 21
18/19; 46
19/20; 39
20/21; 24

He's missed 467 days through injury since joining us 4 years ago. He's a good player and he can seem to put together runs of games but he simply can't be relied upon to be a regular starter.

Rossiter? He played 36 games last season and played all of their league games so far this season. Hopefully we’ve fixed Jacks issues as well as he’s one of Gerrards favourite players and a key part of our team on his day.

I'm talking about Jack being constantly injured.

A fit Ryan Jack would be the first name on my team sheet.

Really?

For games like tonight and Malmo for example he certainly would be given the level of protection he offers the defence in Europe alongside Kamara and Davis.

I like Jack but I feel as if he's massively overrated on here and gets better the longer he's out. He played in the 3-3 game vs Benfica so the idea of him being a defensive midfielder like Kante or Gattuso is just wrong.

Really?

I like Jack but I feel as if he's massively overrated on here and gets better the longer he's out. He played in the 3-3 game vs Benfica so the idea of him being a defensive midfielder like Kante or Gattuso is just wrong.

Have Kante or Gattuso never played in a team that has conceded 3 goals??

17/18; 21
18/19; 46
19/20; 39
20/21; 24

He's missed 467 days through injury since joining us 4 years ago. He's a good player and he can seem to put together runs of games but he simply can't be relied upon to be a regular starter.

I am not disputing the fact his appearance record isn't great, it's not, he has clearly had an underlying issue which is seemingly being worked on to be addressed, and hopefully it is.

I just don't hold great fears re him not being the same player because of the length of time he has missed, he hasn't actually been out that long

Some people on here are really comparing Ryan Jack's injury record and appearances to Jordan Rossiter? And suggesting he's been a permanent sick note since joining? Mental.

Season 18/19 and 19/20, Jack clocked up 46 and 39.appearances respectively. Yes, there were a few spells where he missed some games but that's still a pretty reliable total. Even last season pre injury, he racked up 24. So well over 100 appearances over 3 seasons does not tie in with the "perma-crock' reputation that some on here are promoting.

It remains to be seen how he'll be when he eventually comes back from this lengthy lay-off. I hope he can get back to his best form because when he is on it, Jacko is a class midfielder and vital to our style of play. Just before he was injured, he'd also started to add some goals and incisive attacking play to his game, something which I thought he was lacking at first. There's a reason why Gerrard (one of the finest midfielders of his generation) rates him so highly.

Haste ye back, Jack.

17/18; 21
18/19; 46
19/20; 39
20/21; 24

Haha - just saw this out, you did the same homework I did (see my post above). Although you seem to be less impressed with his 18/19 and 19/20 totals than I was...?

You are at it.

Gattuso 2005 CL final. Must have been played out of position his whole career as he conceded 3 in the second half.

Over the course he did alright considering it wasn't his best position.

Of course I'm at it...but some folk are suggesting that Ryan Jack is the guy who makes us tick and he's some midfield dynamo, when the reality is we won the league at an absolute canter last season without him for large spells of it.

Really?

Not saying he's anything like Kante but he's a very good player who our manager rates very highly and is always full of praise for. We conceded 1 goal in the league last season when he was on the pitch so he's a big part of the team. Benfica goals had nothing to do with him Helander at fault for 2 of them.

There's other players the 'get better when don't play' tag apply to like Katic for example.

I am not disputing the fact his appearance record isn't great, it's not, he has clearly had an underlying issue which is seemingly being worked on to be addressed, and hopefully it is.

I just don't hold great fears re him not being the same player because of the length of time he has missed, he hasn't actually been out that long
That's true. For what it's worth he looked to be out best all round midfielder until he ended up out. Even looked to have more of a goal threat.

Time to get a replacement because we simply cannot rely on Ryan Jack - disappointing but sadly it’s reality

I'll reserve judgement on Jack until he's back, good player especially when giving protection to the defence in the bigger games.

What we tend to forget is that his injuries were not self inflicted...he was out after that tackle on his knee for his first lengthy spell out.

He is almost ready to come back, but Rangers are taking no chances and are making sure he is "aye Ready" for his return.

Hope he makes a return to full fitness and keeps injury free.But I think it’s safe to say we’ve been able to cope without him and will continue to do so.Like a lot of the supporters I feel the whole team has to lift their game we’re not at the level we should be, yes we’re top of the league without really playing that well I hope tonight we can light the touch paper and kick on .

So many people on here talking about Jack always picking up injuries like Kevin Thompson etc
Why don't you try reading & listening to what's been said about Jack? It's the same injury issue that causes the bother, in issue that we believe we have figured out and fixed with this surgery.
The same way we figured out and fixed jordan rossiters issues, and got him back playing.
How many games did rossiter play for us in a poor Rangers team . Did he ever reach 20 games .

I fear that Jack is always going to have these niggles that will keep him out for weeks or months at a time, which means he will be a bit part player for us. It’s disappointing as he would be a definite starter for us.

Yeah but another poster mentioned rossiter .
Rossiter barely played.
Don't know ow why posters are so quick to compare him to Jack.
We got to the bottom of Rossiters problems and he's went on to play lots of games down south.

Horrific news. Was always unwilling to completely write Jack off but it's beginning to look more and more like we'll need to.

Was allegedly back training months ago so he's either had a major setback or we've not been fed the truth.
He was training and had a set back.

Even if by some miracle Jack is fit by the end of the season, it would be squad suicide to even consider him in plans moving forward.

Midfield has required attention, investment and quality for quite a few seasons now and again this summer it should be the ultimate priority.

Believe Ryan has recovered from the injury that has plagued most of his career after surgery etc, however in trying to get him back up to speed and being so unfit, he's injured himself again.

It'll take time.
But we need him, definitely.

knew there had to be an issue, there’s been no mention of him for a few weeks. Gutted tbh not looking great for him just now. Can only hope he keeps progressing at his pace eventually gets back.

A good and useful player to have. We miss him in big games as he's the best midfielder for defending, but he was terrible at times when we were trying to break smaller teams down, some gloss over many of his poorer performances.

If soccerbase is right, Jack didn't play Football since the 21st of February against Dundee United.
I'm really worried for him, he had set back in the summer if I remember well and he takes a lot of time to get back to training.

I love this player so so much and it would be so sad to see him stop Football because of that injury, time will tell but for now, it's worrying.

Big fan of Jack but he can't be relied upon going forward.

Lets pray we win the league this year.. the midfield needs major surgery next summer.

I was always pleased to see his name on the team sheet, especially in the bigger games. We are better with him in the line up.

I hope he returns at some point but I think we’ve seen this movie before.

Was it nearly 470 days missed through injury since signing?

He’s not been a regular first team player here in nearly a year. Our midfield is in urgent need of addressing, we are sleepwalking into the issue with players out of contract in summer

Back