Ryan Jack once again

An excellent start to the season. More to come and I’m sure he will continue to improve. Particularly on the attacking side of the central midfield role where appropriate.

Serious questions will have to be asked if he isn’t in the Scotland squad after his performances. Certainly deserves the recognition.

Gets about the park brilliantly, one minute he is breaking up an attack on the edge of our box and the next he is rampaging forward. Sometimes you would swear he has an identical twin.

Problem for our midfield is we have too many who want to do the same sort of job but he is currently head and shoulders above Davis and Kamara - he is basically a composite of those two.

Did you watch the game yesterday?

What is a threat in the last third?

The Ryan Jack I watched was driving forward creating chances for our attacking players and if I remember rightly had at least one shot that produced a good save from their keeper.
Yeah, I watched the game.
Yeah he produced a good shot.
Yeah he did drive forward.
Yeah your right.

Seems to be a lot more vocal towards his own players and the officials . One niggly point when he does shoot seems to always go for bottom corners with controlled pace ,would like to see him skelp the ball more and go for the top corners less chance of defenders blocking it.
Best player in midfield in Scotland by a country mile .

He's been very good this season, there's no denying that.

There's also no denying that there is very little goals between Jack and Davis and it's doubtful we'll win the league with two out of three non goalscoring midfielders.

It's a conundrum for the manager but he may feel we have enough goals from the three up top.

I have always liked him, I just didn't rate the part of his game that was the most important to a midfield player, ...his passing skills.
These he has visibly improved upon and whilst he still has a limited range in his passing, he has the good sense and wits not to overreach himself.
That is why his stats are so consistently good.

However, I still want to see him become more adventurous when he goes forward and get beyond the ball in the last third and work on his shooting because his movement from deep offers him more space to shoot than forwards get.

Overall, his energy his unselfish running and his willingness to do a lot of dirty work in the midfield are second to none.
He also loves that blue shirt.
How could I ever not like him?

Exactly a year ago I posted this Bilko.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/the-incredible-spatial-awareness-of-ryan-jack.43277/

And he's even better today. ;)

I've always really liked him. He's a natural at knowing completely where he and everyone else is in relation to the ball on the park. Even in the most fluid of transitions he's tracking all around him with incredible accuracy.

His awareness of all the external natural factors: gravity, momentum, the kinetic/potential energy of the ball and the trajectories of all his team mates and opponent's. He's like a Footballing Physics Professor. :D

He is truly an immense player for us. I just hope his spacial awareness helps protect him this Sunday, for there will be hammers being thrown in all directions by these thugs.

I was thinking tonight after a conversation with my Son. We both agreed that Ryan must be learning so much from the Gaffer, who was himself a world class creatively instinctive player. He had the gift of true spatial awareness in spades. The Gaffers team knew he was the best in the game and that his through ball would be delivered in front of them, through a forrest of legs, and at pace, however always with a snipers accuracy.

You can see the team recognise and acknowledge his contributions on the park. He's always been good, but I reckon that The Manager has transformed Ryan Jack's game. His ability to map out the best options to play the ball is incredible, even if its behind him. It's got to be his amazing spatial awareness skills, or maybe Ryan had invisible wing-mirrors on tonight?

Stay injury free Ryan and you will be our PPOTY.

Last edited:
He seems to be getting better every game .
Good to see like Alredo ,the red cards (even though some unjustified ) have disappeared

His pass accuracy wasn't 100 %.
But it would have been over 90%.
He had a very good game but he still needs to add a threat when he gets into the last third.

He doesn’t ‘need’ to.

It would be nice, but he’s extremely effective at what he does and it allows our more attacking players to concentrate on what they do best.

I thought he might be on the bench most games this season. SG has performed wonders. Hopefully other players will develop into top football players the way he has. SG did say the team would get better as the season progressed.

He doesn’t ‘need’ to.

It would be nice, but he’s extremely effective at what he does and it allows our more attacking players to concentrate on what they do best.
No, I don't agree.
The way teams set up against us, we need a threat from midfield, and we need midfield players who can contribute goals.

That said, I cannot see why he won't add this to his game.
He just needs to work on his shooting, which is a skill that can be improved upon with practice.
Who better to give him technical advice in this skill than Gerrard.

I am sure that Ryan Jack will score more goals this season than he did in the previous one.

Back