Ryan Jack once again

goldson bollocks

1st name on the teamsheet in midfield so far this season. His game has upped. He's controlling the tempo of most games. More so Thurs night there but for me at the moment he's unstoppable, much better with Davis alongside him all the same, but a standout so far this season. Couldn't care less if involved with the Tranny army squad but should be a starter never mind a call up. For the record I couldn't care less. Rather him just doing what he's doing for us and we get the benefit of an improved and ever improving Scottish midfielder.

I agree he’s come on greatly and he’s going to be a vital player over this season but so will most of our midfielders. Maybe he’s not the most creative midfielder and I think we suffered today with both him and Kamara too deep. We ended up funnelling it up the wing for Tav to hit cross after cross which didn’t work last season and not today. When Davis came on things improved.

His pass accuracy wasn't 100 %.
But it would have been over 90%.
He had a very good game but he still needs to add a threat when he gets into the last third.
He was unlucky with that strike he has today.
I think you can tell that he is working on that side of his game.
It's hard when it doesnt cine natural to you.
After the ending of last season nobody would've had him in the team ahead of Kamara.

He had a very good game but he still needs to add a threat when he gets into the last third.
He played one stray pass which he chased back and recovered, apart from that, near flawless

He was the only midfielder who took a pop at goal unless I'm mistaken? One was a good save and one deflected for a corner. He also played the pass to Defoe that got the FK (though in fairness Defoe has done brilliantly with it).

He’s fantastic. Absolutely brilliant and he’s getting better.

I hope he isn’t but if he isn’t in the Scotland squad which is to be announced in the next few days that’ll show you exactly what’s Clarke is if there was ever any doubt.

I work with a Sheep fan, I love reminding him of his comments to me when we first signed him, "alright going from side to side, hut he's never gonna control a game or even improve your midfield..."

Some thought Jack would lose his place this season, but one of the things they appeared not to appreciate is that Jack is contstantly improving his game. A midfielder who keeps the ball, either in possession or distribution, is a very good midfielder, and Jack is now adding an attacking threat to his game. I hope he spends the rest of his career at Rangers.

You can see the confidence in his play is growing with each game, all he needs to add to his game now is to have a dig at goal more than he does and he will be the all round midfielder.

1st name on the teamsheet in midfield so far this season. His game has upped. He's controlling the tempo of most games. More so Thurs night there but for me at the moment he's unstoppable, much better with Davis alongside him all the same, but a standout so far this season. Couldn't care less if involved with the Tranny army squad but should be a starter never mind a call up. For the record I couldn't care less. Rather him just doing what he's doing for us and we get the benefit of an improved and ever improving Scottish midfielder.

Jack, Davis, Aribo is an absolute top drawer midfield.

Nobody has benefited working under Gerrard more than Jack.

He has started the season superbly.

He’s been phenomenal so far this season. Steve Clarke seems the sort of guy that would leave him out the squad out of spite but tbh I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.

Nice to see some of the jack bashers have eventually shut up. He has been a tremendous signing. A free transfer remember.

Also imagine where we would have been if Maxine’s had taken the job. Jack wouldn’t have improved we would be out if Europe and fighting for second.

We had a lucky escape. A huge amount of nutters in here wanted him.

Has been rock solid, and doesn't mind getting "down and dirty"when required.
Something we have been sorely lacking in previous seasons.

He’s been excellent this season. When he came off V the Danes you could see the difference.

He is definitely having a bigger impact on the team, which is pleasing. I thought he might struggle to make the starting 11 this season but he has well and truly earned his starting spot!

Also fancy him for a goal next weekend for some reason!

Nice to see some of the jack bashers have eventually shut up. He has been a tremendous signing. A free transfer remember.

Also imagine where we would have been if Maxine’s had taken the job. Jack wouldn’t have improved we would be out if Europe and fighting for second.

We had a lucky escape. A huge amount of nutters in here wanted him.

He’s improved each season he’s been at Ibrox.

Will he be in the Scotland squad? He deserves to be, but I’m hoping he isn’t. I don’t want him put at risk of injury, especially for a support who will boo him onto the pitch and blame him for the inevitable pumpings they receive.

He’s the first name on the team sheet now. In the midfield three, it’s Jack plus 2 others.

He’s went up several levels so far this season and has been absolutely outstanding. Regardless of the role he’s asked to play, he plays it very well.

You can tell the manager absolutely loves him as well.

You're starting to see he's a player and you're starting to like him. Admit it :D
I have always liked him, I just didn't rate the part of his game that was the most important to a midfield player, ...his passing skills.
These he has visibly improved upon and whilst he still has a limited range in his passing, he has the good sense and wits not to overreach himself.
That is why his stats are so consistently good.

However, I still want to see him become more adventurous when he goes forward and get beyond the ball in the last third and work on his shooting because his movement from deep offers him more space to shoot than forwards get.

Overall, his energy his unselfish running and his willingness to do a lot of dirty work in the midfield are second to none.
He also loves that blue shirt.
How could I ever not like him?

I think he’s showing the same sort of progression as we saw with Barry Ferguson, just that Jack seems to have kicked on at a later stage in his career, no doubt down to the gaffer/GM’s influence. Same criticisms were made of BF in final third too.

Reactions: dmg
I think he has been excellent this season and defensively he was brilliant in Davis' role but something that was annoying me throughout the game was his lack of urgency coming out of the back. Standing next to the CB's too often and was at times too slow with possession and under-hitting passes. You see the difference in our tempo when Davis is there. I love Jack this season but I'm unsure he can play in the middle of that trio.

I think he has been excellent this season and defensively he was brilliant in Davis' role but something that was annoying me throughout the game was his lack of urgency coming out of the back. Standing next to the CB's too often and was at times too slow with possession and under-hitting passes. You see the difference in our tempo when Davis is there. I love Jack this season but I'm unsure he can play in the middle of that trio.

Agree with this re yesterday’s game. In fact I thought St Mirren were content to let him have the ball and bring it out because he wasn’t moving it quickly enough and wasn’t hurting them.

Did you watch the game yesterday?

What is a threat in the last third?

The Ryan Jack I watched was driving forward creating chances for our attacking players and if I remember rightly had at least one shot that produced a good save from their keeper.

Back