Ryan Jack opens up on the Rangers mentality concern which needs addressed

Its just a funny one isn't it..

On one hand you have Gerrard, McAlister and Gough who validate the idea of Tavernier as Captain - educated football man, who have been there, done it, worn the armband

Then you have well.....

Goes for nothing almost as these are the same educated football men who've bought some fair amount of dross this season

Ye you just wonder about or support sometimes. Having said that my mates usually in the wee club by half time most weeks and he always says it’s busy by then.
People leaving at 80 minutes when it was still 0-0 about sums it up.

Gerrard went back to the formation with Morelos upfront that has not worked added to that Worrall in defence is always a risk.

I still think mentality, commitment & belief isn't at the right level in our squad

In this article RJ starts off saying just that but waivers near the end

I know the phrase 'we're expected to win every game' is often over used but I believe this should always be our mantra

RJ rightly points out we've beaten almost everyone in the league when we've turned up - so by implication it's there for us to loose & I can only blame our attitude - or lack of it
Refs & pitches don't help but these things aren't valid genuine excuses over multiple games in a full season imo

Much as I love Tav - a captain like Gough would have reversed some of our losses this season imo & when Gough did this in the past it was because of attitude, belief, commitment & the determination to win every game - not just because we may have had a more talented squad

Mentality for winning the league would be improved if we upgraded him for someone better.
He says what we know, though on Saturday our midfield was devoid of drive and creativity and he is part of that.

Worth remembering he set up Morelos' goal, driving from deep in midfield into their half, played a one-two with Kent, got into the box and crossed it perfectly on his wrong foot.

He's my most improved player for this season and just needs to keep doing that consistently.

We do need to improve but with so many first picks missing, it's hardly Jack's fault on the day.

Back