Ryan Jack out for a month

two2tango

Official Ticketer
Davis and Kamara are good enough.

Davis will be shattered after that run though. Need Arfield firing as cover as well though.

Hopefully intensifies the search for the much talked about Engine room signing.
davis should be rested for Arfield on Thursday

Coplandbear

SG had already said (last post match) that Acquisitions will need to be accelerated
Should have sorted this problem by now we have needed a quality addition in midfield for months even going back to last season the problem has been evident for a while.

The management either are reluctant to bring someone in or we are waiting for a specific player either way we shouldn't be in this position imo.

gersintaethum

Tin hat on but u thought we were more fluent going forward at the weekend. Don’t get me wrong there are curtains games I’d want him in for, however against jobbers I feel he slows the ball down too much.

Sam English

Bad news that he's out for at least a month, especially with some tricky games coming up.

Our trip to Mutant Towers will be too soon for his return.

ICA_86

We are one injury away from a crisis.
Correct.

One more injury in midfield and it’s a big problem.

We really shouldn’t need to play our first choice midfield against a semi-pro team from Gibraltar on a plastic pitch midweek when we have Hibs away on Sunday.

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
With the form shown by Arfield on Saturday and with Davis and Kamara we seem to have much better cover than has previously been the case.
I suspect it is going to be a tough decision for the Board in terms of bringing someone in.
There does not seem to be much progress on Alfredo moving.
If we get put out of Europe by Willem II (or God forbid Red Imps) our squad is going to look heavy in numbers for the domestic challenge.
Some nervous days ahead.....

blue genes

Cannot believe the bad luck with injuries we have had already this season.

Katic before we kicked a ball & after him bulking up & working on fitness, Defoe - needed at a time when Alfie not 100% focused, Alfie himself, Aribo in his best form by miles, McGregor & Jack 2 big game players, Balogun after a great debut, Itten just in the door.

Have probably forgotten others there's been so many!

You really couldn't make it up...

Balogun1

It's a blow but it's not a massive issue to me. I see Glen Kamara as the better player of the two. Appreciate Gerrard seems to favour Jack but I think that is more down to mentality and attitude than actual ability.

Both at their best I would take Kamara definitely. That's why Glen is attracting interest from all over the place.
I agree Kamara is, for me, the more talented footballer. Jack does know how to mix it better though.

We need a couple of strong midfield additions.

Balogun1

With the form shown by Arfield on Saturday and with Davis and Kamara we seem to have much better cover than has previously been the case.
I suspect it is going to be a tough decision for the Board in terms of bringing someone in.
There does not seem to be much progress on Alfredo moving.
If we get put out of Europe by Willem II (or God forbid Red Imps) our squad is going to look heavy in numbers for the domestic challenge.
Some nervous days ahead.....
Hard to know what to expect of Willem II. Obviously they come from a decent league, got a good result tonight and have the home draw, so any positive result at this stage, I would take.

CoplandJay

Official Ticketer
Coming into a testing couple of months in the season and we’re without 2 starters, we need another CM in asap. Don’t even have Mcrorie to fall back on now, who was more than up to it when needed.

A1bertz

It's part of the package with Jack. His injury history is quite extensive. Mostly niggles.
Hope we are not without both him and Aribo for the Tims.

SecondBestIsNothing

I wouldn’t be worried if we didn’t have the piggery coming up. Davis, Kamara and Arfield lacks physicality. We definitely need at least 1 more CM

L&D RSC

Would be shocked if we don't have another CM in the door before the end of next week at the latest.

Norskger

That is a big loss, but we do have the adequate cover now i think. And with a near to fully fit squad being the beginning of the season, not too worried about this, so far.

SDF

Another season, same old story with Jack.

His fitness cannot be relied on. At some point(soon hopefully) we need to make him the back up and not the crucial piece in the midfield jigsaw the manager sees him as.

scooter70

Another season, same old story with Jack.

His fitness cannot be relied on. At some point(soon hopefully) we need to make him the back up and not the crucial piece in the midfield jigsaw the manager sees him as.
He’s played over 80 games in last 2 seasons, hardly in the category of “cannot he relied on”

He will be a massive loss to us over next few weeks, huge. Manager has been trying to get the board and Ross Wilson to accelerate signings in this area but seems we are not facilitating his wish

SDF

He’s played over 80 games in last 2 seasons, hardly in the category of “cannot he relied on”
But we've played over 120 games since Gerrard's arrival. Jack's played 88 of them. Compare it to Goldson and Tav, another two in the manager's core group. He's not in the same ballpark in terms of games played.

That's a huge chunk of games he's missed. You're talking 25% of the fixtures.

dh1963

But we've played over 120 games since Gerrard's arrival. Jack's played 88 of them. Compare it to Goldson and Tav, another two in the manager's core group. He's not in the same ballpark in terms of games played.

That's a huge chunk of games he's missed. You're talking 25% of the fixtures.
I don't know the answer here.

Apart from Goldson and Tavernier, has any other outfield player played more than 88?

It feels almost unfair to compare anybody to those 2 as their consistent level of fitness and performance is miles different to anyone else, not just in these 2 seasons but in comparison anyone at the club for years.

SDF

I don't know the answer here.

Apart from Goldson and Tavernier, has any other outfield player played more than 88?

It feels almost unfair to compare anybody to those 2 as their consistent level of fitness and performance is miles different to anyone else, not just in these 2 seasons but in comparison anyone at the club for years.
Incredibly, even with his numerous suspensions, Alfredo has made 100(!)

A1bertz

He will be a massive loss to us over next few weeks, huge. Manager has been trying to get the board and Ross Wilson to accelerate signings in this area but seems we are not facilitating his wish
He does seem to accumulate little 3 and 4 game bursts of injury. Probably more the timing that hurts. Hopefully we upgrade and add to the midfield in the days ahead. We are another knock or two away from a bad place.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-jack/verletzungen/spieler/60793

ICA_86

Jack’s very important for us, but given the stats posted above I do wonder if he needs managed better.

SuperGers07

Hopefully after tonight’s game is out way then we start seeing this midfield situation resolved.

If we win tonight, then our next three away games have the potential to define the season. Hibs and Motherwell away are tricky fixtures most of the time. One slip up and we hand the initiative to that lot.

Sunday is going to be massive, I’d be resting a few tonight with a view to Sunday as the midfield area is on its knees without reinforcements currently.

change consent