Ryan Jack out for a month

Shite news that.

tenor.gif

The only positive thing to come out of it is we don't have to see Jack and Kamara playing in the same team.

Arfield also looked good when he came on against Dundee Utd.

Does anyone know how long Aribo is out for?
We may see Kamara pushed a bit forward where he plays so well for Finland

Our central midfielders are very different to whatever’s need/utilise.

They offer invaluable cover to Borna and Tav.

I like the idea of one of them breaking lines and adding goals. I also think we should be aware, you are unlikely to get the numbers Borna and Tav produce in assists, from a CM.

If we go all out in there, the licence for the defenders would need to stop.

They are auxiliary defenders, letting Tav and Borna play wide and high.

If we were to have 6 attacking threats, I like it being the 4 forwards, plus the two full backs. It gives us variation, width, pace and guile.

One more would help, occasionally, but it’s working well at present, also.

We're definitely thin right now, hopefully we can sub a few out tomorrow, get an easy win, smash Hibs and move on from there without any more injury concerns!
McCrorie would ... nah, not going there :))

A big loss, however very optimistic about Kamara and Arfield after the weekend. We do need an extra body in midfield though and it still baffles me why we let Greg Docherty go.

As good as Jack is, I think this could force our hand into playing more of a ruthless positive approach and he might have a fight to get back in the side. Guess proof is in the pudding though.

When people said jack should be captain, I didn’t agree he doesn’t play enough games to be a captain for me, too many injuries

No issue with this tbh, although it's never good to have injuries. Kamara is the better player and I just hope Davis is still able to play two games a week as we're going to need him.

This is a major issue with Jack and one Gerrard alluded to before
His body needs to be managed correctly
Fannying about with Scotland isn’t managing his body correctly.
If it can be proven that Scotland duty attributed to/exacerbated calf problem, then that's 2 strikes....irrespective of player's personal choice, I wouldn't give 'them' a chance of Strike 3!

It's a blow but it's not a massive issue to me. I see Glen Kamara as the better player of the two. Appreciate Gerrard seems to favour Jack but I think that is more down to mentality and attitude than actual ability.

Both at their best I would take Kamara definitely. That's why Glen is attracting interest from all over the place.

See where you're coming from but disagree.

Kamara has no bite in the SPFL.

There’s no doubt that Jack’s injury problems are a worry moving forward.

He’s a massive player for us but we are missing him for huge chunks of every season now.

The midfield has been needing improved for some time. I'm surprised we've not addressed it by now.

When the window shut last summer I said that I felt we were still a really top class midfielder away from winning the title.

That we still haven’t added that player yet with only a fortnight of the window remaining is a real concern.

Even more so now with the injuries to Aribo and Jack.

Our injury problems go way back to the souness era around the kuynetsov time.
I really dont remember any bad ones in the first half of the 80s

In the 3 years? that Jack has been here, there cant be many runs of 10 games or so without injury.
Thats why he cannot be the captain in future imo

Yikes.

Just like that we are extremely thin in the midfield for a fairly substantial period of time (it only takes a month to %^*& up a title charge). I think we definitely need another midfielder in, either that or it’s serious pressure on Davis and Kamara.

Davis and Kamara are good enough.

Davis will be shattered after that run though. Need Arfield firing as cover as well though.

Hopefully intensifies the search for the much talked about Engine room signing.

davis should be rested for Arfield on Thursday

SG had already said (last post match) that Acquisitions will need to be accelerated

Should have sorted this problem by now we have needed a quality addition in midfield for months even going back to last season the problem has been evident for a while.

The management either are reluctant to bring someone in or we are waiting for a specific player either way we shouldn't be in this position imo.

Tin hat on but u thought we were more fluent going forward at the weekend. Don’t get me wrong there are curtains games I’d want him in for, however against jobbers I feel he slows the ball down too much.

Bad news that he's out for at least a month, especially with some tricky games coming up.

Our trip to Mutant Towers will be too soon for his return.

We are one injury away from a crisis.

Correct.

One more injury in midfield and it’s a big problem.

We really shouldn’t need to play our first choice midfield against a semi-pro team from Gibraltar on a plastic pitch midweek when we have Hibs away on Sunday.

With the form shown by Arfield on Saturday and with Davis and Kamara we seem to have much better cover than has previously been the case.
I suspect it is going to be a tough decision for the Board in terms of bringing someone in.
There does not seem to be much progress on Alfredo moving.
If we get put out of Europe by Willem II (or God forbid Red Imps) our squad is going to look heavy in numbers for the domestic challenge.
Some nervous days ahead.....

Cannot believe the bad luck with injuries we have had already this season.

Katic before we kicked a ball & after him bulking up & working on fitness, Defoe - needed at a time when Alfie not 100% focused, Alfie himself, Aribo in his best form by miles, McGregor & Jack 2 big game players, Balogun after a great debut, Itten just in the door.

Have probably forgotten others there's been so many!

You really couldn't make it up...

It's a blow but it's not a massive issue to me. I see Glen Kamara as the better player of the two. Appreciate Gerrard seems to favour Jack but I think that is more down to mentality and attitude than actual ability.

Both at their best I would take Kamara definitely. That's why Glen is attracting interest from all over the place.
I agree Kamara is, for me, the more talented footballer. Jack does know how to mix it better though.

We need a couple of strong midfield additions.

With the form shown by Arfield on Saturday and with Davis and Kamara we seem to have much better cover than has previously been the case.
I suspect it is going to be a tough decision for the Board in terms of bringing someone in.
There does not seem to be much progress on Alfredo moving.
If we get put out of Europe by Willem II (or God forbid Red Imps) our squad is going to look heavy in numbers for the domestic challenge.
Some nervous days ahead.....

Hard to know what to expect of Willem II. Obviously they come from a decent league, got a good result tonight and have the home draw, so any positive result at this stage, I would take.

Coming into a testing couple of months in the season and we’re without 2 starters, we need another CM in asap. Don’t even have Mcrorie to fall back on now, who was more than up to it when needed.

It's part of the package with Jack. His injury history is quite extensive. Mostly niggles.
Hope we are not without both him and Aribo for the Tims.

I wouldn’t be worried if we didn’t have the piggery coming up. Davis, Kamara and Arfield lacks physicality. We definitely need at least 1 more CM

Can we sign some midfielders? We were calling out this last season? Already started this season and still no centre midfielder in.

Back