Ryan Jack - Source of Negativity? or is it lack of Movement in front of him

As many have mentioned, he's a deep lying holding midfielder who's job is to win back possession and play it to others who have the responsibility and attributes to do that. Unfortunately he had nothing to play too. Ejaria went sideways or passed back to McAuley 99% of the time and Coulibaly looks aimless in possession.

Ryan Jack as the senior player in midfield last night should have been going back and taking the ball from then centre backs and building play. He shirked that many times sadly. The midfield trio were awful last night.

McInnes got his tactics right regarding Jack, whether we like it or not. Lewis Ferguson marked Jack out the game first half, followed him absolutely everywhere and nullified his usual game.

Not sure about the pass marks, but he was a long way from the worst on the park. It's laughable to say he hid and shirked responsibility.

Coulibaly and Ejara are supposed to be the creators in midfield and both of them are failing badly, January should be focused on replacing at least 1 of them.

Their lack of creativity and ability leaves us toothless.

Ryan Jack is not in the side to create.

That people still can't grasp this after two seasons beggars belief.

Where did I say Jack is in there to create?

Bang on average defensive midfielder who's distribution is poor, rarely steps up in the bigger games and is easily caught out of position. Barely kicks a ball in the bigger games, isn't brave enough on the ball and when he finds himself on the edge of the opposition's area, time and time again wastes possession. For a midfielder of any sorts at our level to be that poor in the final third is crap.

Shinnie would be a better option for us than Jack and I don't want him any where near Rangers.

Squad player fair enough, the mainstay of our team and midfield then we aren't winning much with players like Jack in there.

Coulibaly and Ejaria provide next to no creativity so they need addressed as well.

The only thing Ryan Jack can pass is the buck.

One dimensional, one paced.

Reminds me of Derek McInnes as a player in style and quality.

Not good enough.

This is it. Its not his job to create.

Although I do think his range of passing was poor at times, but I wouldn't be dropping or complaining about him.
I really like Jack as a player but this idea that you have midfielders who aren't their to create is ridiculous. I remember Souness having a rant about 'defensive' midfielders a while back and he was spot on.

Not everyone. Only the ones who know fck all about football. He wasn’t great, but if people think that’s what cost us that game, they are clueless.

What cost us the game was an inability to create chances and score goals. Jack is as culpable as anyone in the side. Maybe if he was willing to play a riskier ball, take possession in tight areas, play incisive quick passes forward, we'd have had a better chance of getting our more attack minded players on the ball in better positions.

I've been a huge fan of Jack but was apparent how limited he is as a player last night.

That being said, he was playing next to 2 empty jerseys in Ejaria and Coulibaly last night. If Jack's to be our water carrier, he needs better players to pass the ball to. Last night his only options for passes was back to the defence.

We need every midfielder to be capable of building attacks.

What cost us the game was an inability to create chances and score goals. Jack is as culpable as anyone in the side. Maybe if he was willing to play a riskier ball, take possession in tight areas, play incisive quick passes forward, we'd have had a better chance of getting our more attack minded players on the ball in better positions.
Mmmmmmmm

Could say that about the whole team. Stand fast McGregor.

Jack was the deepest midfielder last night and I think he was the only midfielder that got himself into goal scoring opportunities in and around the box.

Jack is fine if he has one , more likely two creative midfield players around him. Last night he had neither and looked every bit the average player in the spl. Jury is still out for me. The other two just won’t cut it.

A decent player but lacks the imagination to cause real problems.
Was unable to lift us yesterday when we needed it but he was not alone

He has something to offer in certain games but the reality is we need much better if we are going to win anything. I hope last night is the last time we see that midfield as a 3

I like Jack and will admit to expecting much more from him tonight given the opponents.

Every pass tonight was to the side and he showed nothing creative for me - is he the source of the problem or is it our inability to pull players out of position.

He showed nothing creative cause he is not creative, simples!

I still thought he was better than Ejaria who’s meant to be giving us that spark. I think I read somewhere that he has one assist and one goal which for someone in that position isn’t good enough
He's a show pony. Nice close control and little turns but no killer pass, goal threat or end product.

I think Jack is being targeted unfairly. Coulibaly and Ejaria were far worse. Jack was forced into trying to be the creator since no one else was stepping up.
He’s there to put out fires and recycle.

Some amount of hysteria on here over a bad result ... defeats happen off nights happen the need to blame individuals or question the decisions to let players leave is bat shit crazy on here .!

Hard on Jack when the rest of the midfield and the team as a whole was having a bad game. I would have McCrorie, Jack and Arfield in midfield and stick with them. Alright creating a squad mentality but not at the expense of a team mentality.

Back