Ryan Jack & Steven Davis

der_hammer10

Both the boys getting interviewed on BT. That’s 2 of our 3 midfield every single game we play.

I always said Davis, Morelos and Tav were 100% the players that automatically make the first 11.

Add Ryan Jack to that list. He’s had another great game.

Both were excellent today. Davis has always been a class act - however, Jack is just building on his game at the moment. Could easily make himself one of the best Scottish midfielders around at the moment.

Looked like we went a more 4-2-3-1 formation with Davis/Jack sitting and Aribo more forward. We looked far better with Aribo driving at them.

Not saying we should change to that formation, but it's nice to have in the back pocket, so too speak

Jack and Davis are great in every game, the problem is the third midfielder who we need to be more advanced.

Aribo began to stand out more once we were a couple of goals to the good, but we need him to be more adventurous when faced with the sort of disciplined low block wall we encountered in the first half.

Some ball to Alfie for first goal, was going mental at the tackle as Jack played it until I realised Alfie had done the defender. Ref done well to play advantage although I feel dirty praising a referee!

Just superb, the pair of them. Hard to pick a favourite, thought maybe Davis just edged ot today and another shout out for the best double goal line block in recent memory.

If you're Joe Aribo, Greig Docherty or even one of the academy boys coming through, then you absolutely have to be studying their every move on and off the park to learn what a true, professional midfield performance looks like.

Jack and Davis are great in every game, the problem is the third midfielder who we need to be more advanced.

Aribo began to stand out more once we were a couple of goals to the good, but we need him to be more adventurous when faced with the sort of disciplined low block wall we encountered in the first half.
Greg Stewart should be given the chance.

Greg Stewart should be given the chance.

I think Aribo has a lot of talent, but he seems to lack the confidence to really show it.

Hopefully Gerrard and his coaching team can extract that out of him.

He's a better player than Greg Stewart from what I've seen.

Both were superb today Davis never stops running always on the move and Jack,s passing was sublime at times and he does all the dirty work too great midfielder

I think Aribo has a lot of talent, but he seems to lack the confidence to really show it.

Hopefully Gerrard and his coaching team can extract that out of him.

He's a better player than Greg Stewart from what I've seen.
The point the poster was making was
further forward. The Arfield role in other words. Where Stewart was successful at Killie.

Both the boys getting interviewed on BT. That’s 2 of our 3 midfield every single game we play.

I always said Davis, Morelos and Tav were 100% the players that automatically make the first 11.

Add Ryan Jack to that list. He’s had another great game.

Steve Davis is just a gem of a team player. Was underrated by so many during his first Ibrox spell and think same happening again.
Obviously age determines that he cannot play week in week out but will always be a first pick when it comes to the big games.

Ryan Jack has worked so hard to make himself a first pick. This has seen him benefit from being taken under the wing of two ex quality midfielders, SG and Gary Mac. He has come on leaps and bounds so much since the turn of the year that he is totally unidentifiable with the player we signed in summer 2017.

When we brought Davis back I hoped he would contribute and do well. He is absolutely magic imo a better player than the one that left

Jack is a far better player than he is given credit for. Definitely not this midfield destroyer people see him as. Becoming very creative.

Both were excellent today. Davis has always been a class act - however, Jack is just building on his game at the moment. Could easily make himself one of the best Scottish midfielders around at the moment.

When I think back to Jack under Pedro, I saw a midfielder compfortable in his own little section of the pitch, sideways pass, backwards pass, very comfortable, no more no less.

Now - under Gerrard? Absolutely everywhere. Covers every blade of grass. His movement is sensational. Very very rarely gives the ball away but is driving that ball forward.

Our coaching team , along with Jack, have done a stunning job on Jack.

Some ball to Alfie for first goal, was going mental at the tackle as Jack played it until I realised Alfie had done the defender. Ref done well to play advantage although I feel dirty praising a referee!

I watched the replay and don't think he played on, I dont think he was giving the foul! I didn't see him hold up his arms as they do when signalling that they are playing on. It was certainly a foul and I was also shouting at him!

It shows that some fans go for players they like rather than who is the best player. I like kamara, but until he has performances like jack every week he'll not displace him.

When I think back to Jack under Pedro, I saw a midfielder compfortable in his own little section of the pitch, sideways pass, backwards pass, very comfortable, no more no less.

Now - under Gerrard? Absolutely everywhere. Covers every blade of grass. His movement is sensational. Very very rarely gives the ball away but is driving that ball forward.

Couldn't agree more. He's turning into a very accomplished and complete midfielder. He's developing movement, skill and passing at an amazing rate. Long may he keep this up.

This all day long, he is our right sided mid, pops up late in the game in the left back corner to take control and play us out of trouble. THen he is also pushing forward as well.

It shows that the man management of him is perfect. He's been trusted and praised by his manager, and given a challenge to improve.

IMO Jack has been an excellent player from the moment he signed. Just think that a lot of the work he did went unnoticed. It's only now that it is being highlighted. It also helps playing with better players. He's exactly what's needed in a Scotland team that struggles to keep hold of the ball. It's almost like the Scotland manager's got something against him.

First half Jack and Davis were far too deep coming back to our own centre backs. They were constantly on the wrong side of the opposition front line. By doing this they took themselves out of being an option for our central defenders to advance play through the lines.
That and the fact we didn’t press high on their back line gave us a replica of the St Mirren game which was concerning. Second half all change.

What I love about Davis as well is that he's not scared to get stuck in. I don't really remember him being like that in his first spell with us?

Back