Ryan jack suspension

Yellows are wiped after the group stage are they not?

No.

“ Following a recommendation by the UEFA Club Competitions Committee – in order to implement in UEFA club competitions a rule which is already in force in the UEFA European Football Championship – the Emergency Panel decided that, as of this season, all yellow cards from the beginning of the group stage will expire on completion of the quarter-finals.Bookings will therefore not be carried forward to the semi-finals.”

Even if they were wiped though , Jack Would have still be banned , for example if we got to the quarter final and say Katic was on a yellow , it would be wiped after that game , but if he gets booking in the quarter he would serve the ban in the semi. You don’t wipe the ban.

The kind of thing that a captain would do.;)
FFS, if Tavernier had made that challenge, where it took place, as far from goal as it took place, whilst already on a booking, he’d have been slaughtered.
He’d have been accused of bottling it, wanted out even.
I’m not slating Jack for making the challenge, just rather he didn’t.
I’d bet he rather he hadn’t either, all things considered.

I would like our team to make more tactical fouls when we are caught on the break. The Feyenoord second for example.

FFS, if Tavernier had made that challenge, where it took place, as far from goal as it took place, whilst already on a booking, he’d have been slaughtered.
Let's not even think about bringing up who needlessly gave the ball away in stoppage time.

Jack stopped a counter attack and the sending off has zero impact, he was already suspended.

I bet he regrets it not one bit.

Jack stopped a counter attack and the sending off has zero impact, he was already suspended.

He stopped a counter attack, how far from goal?

I didn’t realise he was already suspended though, so maybe you’re right in that he thought it was okay to get himself sent off.
Of course, the thought wouldn’t have crossed his mind either way.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding. But he got a yellow so he was banned anyway for the next game? The red makes no difference?

Yellows don’t get wiped at this stage from what I understand.
I think the players who were a booking away from a suspension last night that didn't get booked have their yellows wiped but as jack got booked he is suspended. Think it was morelos, barisic and someone

I agree with you that it didn’t matter but I think it was an instinctive thing to stop a counter attack which could have been disastrous. I doubt that it was premeditated as he was already suspended but it was a leader/team players instinct to put the team first.
his time will come as Captain of that I am sure but till then Tav is the Rangers Captain.

So we’re going to to the next round with am sure karma Morelos and barasic all on bookings

Glad it’s only one game suspension but I thought a red card brings a suspension and he already accrued a ban for points tally.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding. But he got a yellow so he was banned anyway for the next game? The red makes no difference?

Yellows don’t get wiped at this stage from what I understand.
From what @rangeral posted last night I understand that the 2nd yellow gets carried over until the next game he plays, eg the 2nd leg of the round of 32, so if we qualified for the last 16 and he got booked again he would get another ban.

I knew that it didn't seem right that a further yellow went unpunished.

He will probably regret it when the fine comes in mind you

That’s one that Stevie won’t be in a rush to worry about. He said himself post game, he wasn’t going to be critical of Ryan.

A lot of talk has went in over the years about Rangers needing to learn the “dark arts” to win games. The ball boys, the time wasting, the going to the corners, etc. And sometimes, as an absolute last resort - putting the boot in to stop a breakaway chance.

Did he want to do it? No. Did he hesitate when he had to do it? No. That’s called ‘football intelligence’ to me. If his man had went the length of the pitch otherwise and scored/created the goal that knocked us out would Stevie have criticised that? Certainly. And rightly so.

He stopped a counter attack. Was left with no choice. Fantastic again last night, I'd like to see how much distance he covered.
He did the right thing , we have been poor at not giving fouls away as teams break on us , Feyenoord second goal would have been stopped if someone had committed a foul and taken the booking.

That’s one that Stevie won’t be in a rush to worry about. He said himself post game, he wasn’t going to be critical of Ryan.

A lot of talk has went in over the years about Rangers needing to learn the “dark arts” to win games. The ball boys, the time wasting, the going to the corners, etc. And sometimes, as an absolute last resort - putting the boot in to stop a breakaway chance.

Did he want to do it? No. Did he hesitate when he had to do it? No. That’s called ‘football intelligence’ to me. If his man had went the length of the pitch otherwise and scored/created the goal that knocked us out would Stevie have criticised that? Certainly. And rightly so.

Completely agree, can you imagine if they’d scored from that break and put us out of Europe when Jack had an opportunity to stop it?

Back