Ryan jack suspension

He stopped a counter attack, how far from goal?

I didn’t realise he was already suspended though, so maybe you’re right in that he thought it was okay to get himself sent off.
Of course, the thought wouldn’t have crossed his mind either way.

Doesn’t matter how far away it was, we'd have been wide open, it was definitely necessary.

Let's not even think about bringing up who needlessly gave the ball away in stoppage time.
I’ve now seen the goal.
I can only guess you haven’t.
At no stage does Tavernier give the ball away for the goal.
There is no way he is to blame for the goal.
Therefore, I can only presume you are posting about the break and his pass to Ojo that was cut out.
If I’m right in this presumption, it just reinforces previous comments I’ve made regarding Tavernier, in that he’s judged to a different standard to other players, other than Goldson and, with some posters, would need to knock his opponent out to get a draw.
This attitude towards Tavernier is getting towards sinister.

I’ve now seen the goal.
Therefore, I can only presume you are posting about the break and his pass to Ojo that was cut out.
If I’m right in this presumption, it just reinforces previous comments I’ve made regarding Tavernier, in that he’s judged to a different standard to other players, other than Goldson and, with some posters, would need to knock his opponent out to get a draw.
He was at fault for the goal. He took himself completely out of the game.

Doesn’t matter how far away it was, we'd have been wide open, it was definitely necessary.
I have no great problem with Jack’s challenge.
I just wish he hadn’t made it as I thought sixty metres out is a fair bit from being a critical threat.

He was at fault for the goal. He took himself completely out of the game.
How do?
He went to meet the cross, to cut out the immediate threat.
The attacker fluked a touch on the ball.
If he hadn’t went to address the immediate threat, and the YB player had got a clean shot or control of the ball, Tavernier would have been criticised for not going to the man in possession, the immediate threat.
He was not at fault for the goal.

Jack got two relatively soft bookings. There were several similar or worse incidents that the ref let go.

My sympathies lie with RJ.

Reactions: dmg
Can’t believe the yellows aren’t being wiped out for the knockout phase. Borna & Alfie walking a tightrope now.

Reactions: dmg
correct . Kamara had a good first half but dreadful second , he kept turning into traffic and losing the ball .
I'm beginning to wonder if our players are encouraged to do this, Kent does it too. We have an annoying habit of over-complicating things rather than taking the simple option.

Although he took one for the International plc and the worldwide fanbase, Gordon Ramsay etc. and will be a miss, at least we'll have Steven Davis back to add some steel that will be missing to the midfield.

How do?
He went to meet the cross, to cut out the immediate threat.
The attacker fluked a touch on the ball.
If he hadn’t went to address the immediate threat, and the YB player had got a clean shot or control of the ball, Tavernier would have been criticised for not going to the man in possession, the immediate threat.
He was not at fault for the goal.
He over committed, thought the ball was going to come to him, ended up beyond the ball. It's a minor error, can't say if he would have stopped the goal, still an error.

Ridiculous that the bookings aren't wiped till after the quarters.
12 matches in total to not to get 3 bookings.

Barasic, Alfredo and Helander would do well not to pick up another booking if we progress.

Still hopefully means Jack will be OK for the semi!
(ps. My smileys are greyed out. Anyone know why that would be)

we should all be happy that for once one of our players was street wise and took the tactical foul.

i have nightmares of Edouard running at Worral & Goldson last year away and not one of them decided to take a tactical foul, which we then conceded from

I’ve now seen the goal.

I'm certain the poster wasn't talking about the goal.

He was talking about Tav's anaemic and feeble ball, which should have went through to Alfie and would have wrapped up the game, but was intercepted instead.

Two for one with that pass.

No need to make that tackle. Again needs to learn when stepping up to that level.

Actually it was a very smart foul to make as he knew he was suspended for the next game anyway and receiving a red card would not extend that suspension. He stopped a counter attack in the late stages of the game at a time when conceding one goal would have saw us knocked out of the tournament.

Back