Ryan Jack today Opinions?

Bollox

I thought Coulibaly played well tonight , Jack was guilty a lot of times of passing to yellow jerseys.
I thought Coulibaly was absolutely atrocious tonight, hasn't been great for a while now but for me that was a new level of dug shite.

I thought Coulibaly was absolutely atrocious tonight, hasn't been great for a while now but for me that was a new level of dug shite.

Jack never even did his defensive role, they were running through the middle without a challenge and his use of the ball was poor.
Coulibaly was trying to get us on the attack with his passing, unfortunately Candieas before he went off and Morelos couldn’t hold the ball today to bring the midfield up.

i fail to see what coulibaly offers.. nothing much in attack or defensively.

Let’s qualify this.

I thought Jack was a passenger tonight and never did the defensive side of his job that well. I thought Coulibaly held the ball better and tried to work with it but none of the front 3 could hold the ball.
Arfield was our best attacking option I thought and would be my MOM if it wasn’t for Shagger bailing us out.

Thought Jack was good tonight, although has definitely had better games. Was a very tough shift though with only 4 in midfield after the sending off against their midfield.

The thing that has struck me between Saturday’s game and again tonight, he gets very little slack from some fans as soon as he makes a mistake. First misplaced pass and there are audible moans and groans.

When are folk going to understand that he isn’t at all an attacking player. He canny shoot to save himself, yet you get folk going tonto when the guy isn’t hitting 30 yard digs with his weak foot.

Some of us don’t think he is that good at the defensive side of his job at this level either though.
I would have preferred Ejaria playing instead.

However it is up to SG who he plays and he picks both Coulibaly and Jack.

If Jack's does not have more in his locker than we have seen so far at Rangers he is just not good enough to be the holding midfielder in our team. Cant pass to a blue fucken jersey half the time. I keep waiting on the big performance but its not comjng. Some tidy performances now and then but mostly quite average as he was tonight.

That's not really his role though, he sits in front of the defence breaking up play and gives the ball to our more attacking players. He does that well.

Yeah, I like Jack and your point is spot on.

Tonight though his short passing was horrific. Really unlike him too. His pass completion stats are usually in the 90s. Every other pass tonight was going astray at one point

Coulibaly was gassed after 60 minutes.

Last edited:
He didn't have his best game tonight but wasn't bad either.

Thing with Jack is he plays that role that is vital but is under appreciated, for most people to actually appreciate what Jack brings to the team he has to be out the squad, that's when we realise how much we miss him.

Jack was great tonight, snapping in to tackles and breaking up play, he coulda been better on the ball at times but overall a fine performance against quality oppositon

Thought both him and Arfield were great tonight.

Absolutely. Quite astonished to see some of the comments above, Jack is not the finished article by a long shot but he does his role very well for the most part. Our most important midfielder.

He is holding midfielder not his job to keep going forward. Playing three in the middle shouldn’t need to .

Couple of lose passes but thought he played well, covered some amount of the pitch. Our midfield was probably up against the best centre midfielders they'll play against all season.

The same thread after every match. Don’t know what he has to do to get people off his back. He played quite well tonight against the best team we will play this season. Second half in particular he did very well.

He was head and shoulders above Coulibaly. He was one of our better players. But this debate is tiresome we have a rump of fans that have decided he is worthy of continuos criticism.

If all our team had worked as hard we would have won.

Absolutely. Quite astonished to see some of the comments above, Jack is not the finished article by a long shot but he does his role very well for the most part. Our most important midfielder.

Jack is 26 or something like that. He’s never going to be the finished article.

Better than Coulibaly, still not good enough for that level - the big games.

Arfield was a one man band for a lot of that game.

Jack's passing can be absolutely terrible.

Really worried a midfield 3 is not enough in the “big” games.

Too often we are overrun, it’s a worry v the Mhicks.

I must admit I think Jack is just alright. An above standard SPL player. Not particularly quick and does nothing in forward areas.
We will need better long term

I'm out of this thread for good, it just frustrates the life out of me. Jack was excellent last night. I've realised some posters just don't like the boy, whether it's the sheep thing I have no idea. Either that or they just know f*ck all about football. Either way, waste of time. Out.

^^^^^^^^^
This.

I think my major problem with Jack (and its totally my problem not his) is that his main strength is to be that buffer in front of the back 4.

He does little things that probably don't stand out like a Hollywood pass across the pitch does but it is what he is supposed to do. Break up the play of the opposition, intercept the ball, just play the simple pass. All the stuff he does is not particularly memorable normally.

What I remember is when he misplaces a simple pass and forget all the other stuff.

The content level of FF has massively improved for me after this thread, a fair few blocked after reading this – my thought is – if you don’t think Jack was very good verging on excellent last night you are a bit of an r-tard with an opinion that isn’t worth a %^*& to me.

I'm out of this thread for good, it just frustrates the life out of me. Jack was excellent last night. I've realised some posters just don't like the boy, whether it's the sheep thing I have no idea. Either that or they just know f*ck all about football. Either way, waste of time. Out.
Totally agree mate. It's the same posters all the time who must have some weird agenda or something. Even if you don't like him (for whatever reason) to say he was shit last night is fkn mental. This thread has become more of a cheap attempt at point scoring from some (see i told you he is no Gazza!!). It's actually embarrassing. I honestly don't think these guys go to the games. I've never heard anybody slate him at Ibrox...since he signed! It is only on here. The work he does off the ball (including last night) is great. His positioning is always correct which breaks up most of the opponents play through the middle (again...including last night). When posters want Ejaria to play instead of Jack...it about says it all for me really!

Folk expect too much from Jack, he is never going to dominate a game nor is he going to make bursting runs into the box and score 10+ goals a season.

His job is to sit in front of the defence and be the conduit between defence and midfield, he breaks up the play and he also keeps the ball very, very well albeit last night he was slack a few times but that was the nature of the game.

Thought he was our 2nd best player last night behind shagger, Arfield close 3rd.

We have some fukin idiots in our amazing support. How can anyone criticize that 10 man backs to the wall performance of sheer determination against a La Liga side that has several players who cost more than our entire squad.
13 games in Europe, 1 unlucky defeat, after losing to a team from Luxembourg last season.
Kunts need a reality check. We have been magnificent!

Back