Ryan jack

Need to ease him back in.

He’s clearly a little fragile, so would hate to set him back.

We need him for the run-in. Back up to speed, have him motoring right through to the International Break.

I’d then hope they do the sensible thing and withdraw him, or seriously manage his game time.

Every time he comes back from Scotland he’s broken down this season. He might have a tough call to make on that front after the Euro’s.

Hopefully he will get a few minutes tomorrow. Ideally he'd be ready to start against Hibs but not sure if that is realistic?

Give him a half hour against Ross County. Hopefully have him back and ready to start v Antwerp.

I hope he can stay fit and be able to feature for Scotland in the euros too. Not for Scotlands sake cause I don't give a %^*& about them, but for his own sake. He deserves it and international recognition is important to players.

The main problem is any Scotland breaks before the end of the season . They don't look after him and he always comes back injured.
Does he?.

His last two injuries have came playing for us, against Dundee United & Aberdeen.

I know Clarke was careless with his training last season, but the staff at the RTC spoke to Scotland’s staff & gave them a training programme for him.

Definitely expect to have him on the bench tomorrow and get some minutes if the game goes to plan.

Not sure that the Hibs game is right for him to start although again I'd expext him to get game time. Alternatively he might get the first hour.

Just glad to have him back in the reckoning.

Last edited:
Does he?.

His last two injuries have came playing for us, against Dundee United & Aberdeen.

I know Clarke was careless with his training last season, but the staff at the RTC spoke to Scotland’s staff & gave them a training programme for him.
Were those games not straight after coming back from Scotland games. I just don't think they look after him well.

Were those games not straight after coming back from Scotland games. I just don't think they look after him well.
Just coincidences mate, the Dundee United one was to do with his calf which is not a recurring injury for him.

He didn’t even play an awful lot for Scotland, Clarke rested him during one of the midweek games so he could recuperate.

Think he played 2 games in a week, with us under Gerrard he’s often played that or sometimes 3.

Great to have Ryan Jack back he really keeps us ticking over & we are much more fluent both in & out of possession.

Ideally give him 30 mins tomorrow & I’d start him against Hibs on Wednesday & to play an hour.

Great to hear K.Roofe is back in full training but I would hold him at the weekend & have him on bench Wednesday...what a player to bring on if we need a goal.

Come Ge55ard lead us to 55...I can’t wait to watch us tomorrow.

Looks like he’ll be back for weekend. A welcome return I think we’re are a better team with him in .
Delighted he’s back. I think we are a better team when he’s available and especially for some games where Davis needs a rest and where we need a bit of dig. When going all out attack though, not sure if both he and Davis work in the same team. Horses for courses and ideally we need all our players to contribute over the remainder of the season whether as first picks or subs.

League stats for the season:

With Jack in the team:
Played 12
Conceded 0
Tav goals 7
Points 34

Without Jack in the team:
Played 12
Conceded 7
Tav goals 4
Points 32

Both are pretty good to be fair, but he definitely makes a difference to the way we defend and attack the right side of the pitch.

With Jack in the team:
Played 12
Conceded 0
Tav goals 7
Points 34

Played 12
Conceded 7
Tav goals 4
Points 32

Both are pretty good to be fair, but he definitely makes a difference to the way we defend and attack the right side of the pitch.
He provides great cover for Tav, and allows Tav to play. He also allows Davis to play further up. Most importantly he is back for Europa where we have really missed him. Good timing.

With Jack in the team:
Played 12
Conceded 0
Tav goals 7
Points 34

Played 12
Conceded 7
Tav goals 4
Points 32

Im sure I read a Scotland stat with & without him a couple of months ago Ted, and it was even more pronounced.

Fantastic news. His form at periods last season was excellent. Him and Arfield have been really big misses.
This. I saw both players as good squad players but thought neither were at such a level that they'd be sorely missed. How wrong was I. We need them both fighting fit to see this league over the line quickly

Would be good for him to get some game time against Ross county with hibs the next game. If he plays around 30/45 mins against Ross county I think we should start him against hibs.

He cannot be replaced by anyone in the current squad. His tackles and closing down of players are that split second quicker. The other midfield players can feed off that and pick up the second balls But without him the midfield does not dominate to the same extent as the opposition get a bit extra time on the ball.

The Tartan Army don't deserve him and somebody should remind him that he represented his country whilst being openly booed by his fellow Scots , because he plays for Rangers , no other reason

The Tartan Army don't deserve him and somebody should remind him that he represented his country whilst being openly booed by his fellow Scots , because he plays for Rangers , no other reason

“somebody should remind him” how about you pipe down.

If he’s proud to play for his country then that’s his choice no yours.

Does he?.

Hopefully the scotland games gets cancelled in March.

The main problem is any Scotland breaks before the end of the season . They don't look after him and he always comes back injured.
Well without getting too ahead of myself, let's make the most of it before then.

We've 7 games before the next break and need 29 points to win the league, even less if celtic drop more.

If we keep winning then we could be looking at needing 8 points from 7 games after the break.

“somebody should remind him” how about you pipe down.

If he’s proud to play for his country then that’s his choice no yours.
how could you be proud of your country when some of the fans boo you for playing for Rangers which is his choice , not theirs....

how could you be proud of your country when some of the fans boo you for playing for Rangers which is his choice , not theirs....

I wouldn’t care if a handful of idiots booed me.

I would be playing for Scotland no some junkies at Easter road or pittodrie.

Mentalities like yourself is what allowed our country to become a cesspit of yes voters.

Give him a half hour against Ross County. Hopefully have him back and ready to start v Antwerp.

I hope he can stay fit and be able to feature for Scotland in the euros too. Not for Scotlands sake cause I don't give a %^*& about them, but for his own sake. He deserves it and international recognition is important to players.

Antwerp is a month away, we have 5 league games beforehand.

Back