Ryan Jack

I thought he was very good and just makes we wish we could get a fully fit Ryan Jack back, free on injury as he is a hell of a player. His movement is superb and he is a massive calming influence in the centre of midfield.

The biggest positive for me tonight along with the three points. Like a new high quality signing if he can stay fit. Offers a much better forward pass than Kamara or Sands.

If he’s fit enough then get him in the 11. He’s always involved. I think Jack is hugely influential on the park. He’d be a starter every week in my team.

Glad hes back, hopefuy injuries behind him. Regardless what people say on here hes one of our most important players

Probably going to take him a good few games where he starts really going in for the 50/50 challenges and ones where you know you could take a sore one.

Still has that poise and brings an assurance to the middle of the park by dragging their players out of position to track him.

Nothing flashy about Ryan Jack but is one of the best players in our squad. Think he is massively underrated and thats with the majority of the support thinking he is a good player for us.

Huge to have him back.

Delighted seeing him back and he made some great contributions. After a long recovery, we need to see him fully back up to speed and putting a run of games together before I'll feel confident that he's "back," but tonight was good to see. Fingers crossed for him.

He’s brilliant

A natural midfielder out for a year basicly and Instantly becomes the best player when he comes on.

Start him on Saturday please

If he could somehow start at the piggery then that would be massive! But how do we even try that get him 45 at Dingwall a have no clue as you don’t want to overload him then injuries himself again hmm

Really hope he can kick on now.

We are a better team with him in it.

Would love it if we could start him next week but don't know if he is ready for that.

Thought he did okay when he came on. Hopefully he will now kick on and get back to full match fitness
Ok?
Jeez I know I’m a big Ryan Jack fan how can you say he just did ok?
He looked totally assured and showed some great touches in tight situations
I cannot wait until he’s fit he’s in the starting 11 for me

Very good and dependable player for us - hope we don’t push him too hard until he gets fully up to speed. A fit Jack will play a big part in our retaining of the title.

Great to see him back. A massive player for us when fit. I suspect we’ll play him, Arfield and, Kamara vs the tims with Aribo right Kent left. Try and dominate them in the middle.

With Ryan Jack playing it releases Kamara to go further forward, this is a double win for us.
Imagine a midfield of Jack, Kamara and Aribo.
Blimey I almost feel sorry for our opponents

Start him on sat? Get 60 mins from him?

Defo start arfield though.

And anyone for itten, know it’s a tough job coming in after being away but him and Wright are running out of chances to show what they’re about.

Must’ve been 3/4 great balls across the box and wasnt near any and not sure he held it up

Lowry was class

Swap out Sands for Jack, Wright for Kent, Aribo for Itten and move Sakala up top...do that and we'll dominate the old firm.

Thought he did better than okay considering how long he’s been out. Midfield felt much more assured when he came on.
Yes and no.
No reflection on Jack, but after we scored we stopped pressing Livingstone.
This actually allowed them to play out and get into our box more often.
Gio seems to be one of those managers who will settle for a goal and then happily defend it.
I am not really keen on this policy myself to be honest.

Brought calmness, the ability to retain possession and sense danger. Looked like he was playing with a football and not a hot potato.

Yes and no.
No reflection on Jack, but after we scored we stopped pressing Livingstone.
This actually allowed them to play out and get into our box more often.
Gio seems to be one of those managers who will settle for a goal and then happily defend it.
I am not really keen on this policy myself to be honest.

Agreed.

Also drives me nuts how often the ball is passed to bassey as he is absolutely awful on the ball.

Agreed.

Also drives me nuts how often the ball is passed to bassey as he is absolutely awful on the ball.
Bassey is okay on the ball, he just gets a bit overheated when he advances and has too much time on it.
Under pressure with less thinking time, he operates at a fine level.
Balogun is much the same.

Thought that was a superb cameo from Jacko. He looked so sharp and picked the ball up in advanced areas. If he’s alongside Kamara for the scum game I’ll be a hell of a lot more confident than I was for that game at HT earlier tonight.

He genuinely didn’t look like he is just making his way back from a long term absence.

Bassey is okay on the ball, he just gets a bit overheated when he advances and has too much time on it.
Under pressure with less thinking time, he operates at a fine level.
Balogun is much the same.

Balogun at left centre half is a bombscare. Happier with Bassey.

Anyway, on the OP, good to see Jack return & hope he can stay fit.

Back