Ryan Jack

ArfieldsSalute

This lad 2nd half of last season and especially this season has taken his game to a new level.

His composure in tight areas, ball retention and work rate is phenomenal, not to mention his positional sense.

Every one talking up Morelos for a big move and rightly so, I am more worried someone comes in and bids big for Jack - lad could easily play at top level in bigger leagues.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
100% agree and said so in the other Ryan Jack thread that was kicking about from last night.

He’s been MOTM contender in almost every game he has played this season.

This lad 2nd half of last season and especially this season has taken his game to a new level.

His composure in tight areas, ball retention and work rate is phenomenal, not to mention his positional sense.

Every talking g up.Morelos for a big move and rightly so, I am more worried someone comes in and bids big for Jack - lad could easily play at top level in bigger leagues.

Thoughts?
I have often pointed out his limitations, but this season he has become so outstanding at doing what he is good at, that he has made his limitations quite irrelevant.
If he had a shot and a finish and a more creative pass in him, he would, of course, be playing for Barcelona.
That said, if he can keep improving in his position and continue his amazing upward curve, then we may well struggle to keep the lad.
Last night he was tremendous and there wasn't a better football player on the pitch.

He is improving, reason being he has better players beside him and he’s not having to cover for others.
A very good footballer.

That's my point.

Imagine going to a team with even better players......Busquets is probably one of the best for closing down, doing hard work, keeping ball and although I am not saying Jack is of that ilk - the reason Busquets was/is so good is the players around him.

Jack for me is the best Scottish player in his position, would easily walk into most teams and not look out of place.

Every one talking up Morelos for a big move and rightly so, I am more worried someone comes in and bids big for Jack - lad could easily play at top level in bigger leagues.

Thoughts?
As far as I'm concerned (and I said this last season too) he is the most natural captain in the squad. McGregor had it but im not a goal keeping captain guy

Ryan Jack is playing where he wants to play. Morelos has indicated he wishes to play in the EPL

That's my point.

Imagine going to a team with even better players......Busquets is probably one of the best for closing down, doing hard work, keeping ball and although I am not saying Jack is of that ilk - the reason Busquets was/is so good is the players around him.

Jack for me is the best Scottish player in his position, would easily walk into most teams and not look out of place.
Jack is our Iniesta, a part of me hopes Barcelona weren't watching as they have a hole in their team

He’s doing his job quietly and efficiently. Never less than a 7 performance wise. Don’t actually want him to get game time for scotland.

Brilliant player, and for some reason I don't see him playing for any other club

Jack has been outstanding, long may it continue for years to come.

Always been a good player but I think Gerrard has him playing at a whole new level.

Might struggle to keep hold of him if it continues.

I have often pointed out his limitations, but this season he has become so outstanding at doing what he is good at, that he has made his limitations quite irrelevant.
If he had a shot and a finish and a more creative pass in him, he would, of course, be playing for Barcelona.
That said, if he can keep improving in his position and continue his amazing upward curve, then we may well struggle to keep the lad.
Last night he was tremendous and there wasn't a better football player on the pitch.

Barry Ferguson was accused of the same and got better at both as his career progressed.

He’s moved into a different level this season but needs to stay away from the internationals to ensure he is fit for us. He won’t get a game for that rabble anyway.

Exactly my thoughts. He has surpassed my expectations.

Barry Ferguson was accused of the same and got better at both as his career progressed.
Not how I remember Barry.
He broke into the team under Advocaat and pretty much filled the role of child prodigy.
I personally think that Ryan Jack is blossoming under the guidance of Gerrard and McAllister and he is doing so because he is willing to listen to learn and has a real desire to make full use of such sage advisors.

Not how I remember Barry.
He broke into the team under Advocaat and pretty much filled the role of child prodigy.
I personally think that Ryan Jack is blossoming under the guidance of Gerrard and McAllister and he is doing so because he is willing to listen to learn and has a real desire to make full use of such sage advisors.
There is no doubt that Ryan Jack has improved under the current management team which can only be done with a willingness to learn.
He is now a very important player for us.

Think he's the most improved player since Gerrard took over, just shows you what good coaching, training can achieve, long may it continue.

Jack is our Iniesta, a part of me hopes Barcelona weren't watching as they have a hole in their team

I know it’s tongue in cheek but I said to friends last night he’s more Xavi’esque for us.

The way he handles the ball in our own half whilst surrounded by 2/3 opposition players is incredibly “un-Scottish” like and has definitely come from a world class midfielder coaching him.

The coolest midfielder I’ve seen at Ibrox since Ferguson and I’ll include Hemdani in that who was also great at balll retention.

After his injury from which he has now recovered, sheep fans were saying, "hope it's serious" and "hope he dies" etc. etc. - their former player ?:rolleyes:
Disgusting barstewards !

Yes he has certainly upped his game this season !

Last edited:
Ill be honest, at the end of last season he was the midfielder I thought we needed to upgrade on, now he and Davis are the two best in the squad in the midfield

This season he has completely changed my view of him. He is superb.

All credit to Gerrard and the coaching staff. Of course credit to Jack himself.

Back