Ryan Jack's League record this season

Stats can be misleading but I do feel that Jack organises and helps plug gaps very well. It can be doubling up with Tav against wide players or just being in right position to slow opposition attacks and not allow the pass that will break our shape.

Said on another thread that we player much more fluidly with him in our side than without him and we haven’t done too bad without him in the side.

That’s outrageous numbers. I thought he was great again tonight, no frills at times but so effective. Long may it continue

The levels Jack has went up since signing for us are outstanding. He's went from a decent player to a top notch player.

Reactions: TQ3
All great stuff, but surely everyone remembers he was completely at fault for our 0-0 draw at Livi. Him and Kamara cost us that game. Both too similar and slow us down.
Joking aside, I have thought he is our best player since his first few months with us.
As mentioned above, no frills, but he always seems to do about 90% of everything right. He’s a 7/8 out of 10 most weeks for me.
Regardless of what’s going on around him, he just does the same job.
His positioning is also one of his best assets.
Just a great footballer.

Imo Jack is massively underrated from our support. The football we play at times when he’s involved is phenomenal. I still remember the tiki taka against either Porto or Braga and just sat in my living room clapping haha.

Ryan jack is very good at tidying up. I noticed hes always there when the balls won back either via a challenge or intercepting a loose ball. Very composed on the ball too but id like to see score some more screamers like he did last season

I've probably been guilt of not appreciating Ryan Jack anywhere near as much as I should. Coming back into the side from his spell out there has made me appreciate him much more. He just brings something to us that gives the confidence that we can get a result.

P.15, W.14, D.1, L.0, F.40, A.0, Pts.43

We have not lost a goal in any League game that he has played this season, winning every game, bar 0-0 away to Livi.

Quite outstanding.
Thank you for that. I said as much a month or so back, but didn't have the figures to back it up and as usual on here next post tries to shoot me down.

Jack & big Fil definitely make us much more balanced. With Kamara on the left & Jack on the right you can see how effective they are both at filling in at full back but this season also getting forward into the wide areas which we lacked last season.

With Roofe back in the picture, Hagi & Aribo on form, Itten playing well whenever he gets gametime, and Arfield still to come back when he was our best player for parts of the season, it's going to be some headache to pick a team!

Agree with most on here. Jack and Big Fil give us a lot more solidity. If only Tav and Borna could stop some crosses coming in, I wouldn't be watching every game with my heart in my mouth.

If he kept fit we would still be in the league cup I reckon. We don't lose soft goals e.g. Aberdeen a few weeks ago when he is on the park.

A tremendous player, was delighted when he signed and he's taken his game to a different level under Gerrard.

Agree with most on here. Jack and Big Fil give us a lot more solidity. If only Tav and Borna could stop some crosses coming in, I wouldn't be watching every game with my heart in my mouth.
I look at the fullbacks as a credit/debit situation - does what they give us going forward make up for any defensive lapses.
By fecking miles.

As for Jack, with the greatest respect to Davis, I'd love to see the Jack - Kamara - Aribo midfield a few times this season. Davis should be our Europa League mainstay.

I look at the fullbacks as a credit/debit situation - does what they give us going forward make up for any defensive lapses.
By fecking miles.

As for Jack, with the greatest respect to Davis, I'd love to see the Jack - Kamara - Aribo midfield a few times this season. Davis should be our Europa League mainstay.
I'm not having a go at them at all mate. Just has me nervous even though I know I shouldn't be.

Him & Fil make us look a much more balanced side, more cohesive too when going forward due to that balance.

I actually still think he’s underrated.
100%. I am much more confident with Helander at the back and Jack in midfield. The chances we concede will fall dramatically. Neither played in the 3-2 against St Mirren.

Jack is a pivotal part to this rangers team. He gives us the dig we need at the right times. example last night porteous wild tackle on kent through the ball and Jack takes first chance to win ball and lay a warning on him. Jack is a good footballer but its the influence he shows on the team and what we miss when he doesn't play. The management team see this.

He doesn't score many goals, win many balls in the air, or throw himself into many last ditch tackles in his own area, but he doesn't need to. His positional sense is exceptional. When the full-backs press forward, he just knows where to go, in order to provide cover, pick up loose balls and retain possession by finding a blue shirt.

Not superstar stuff, but helluva effective.

Best midfielder in Scotland which is quite the feat when you consider Davis and Kamara.
Best Scottish midfielder which is quite the feat when you consider McGregor, McGinn and Armstrong

He doesn't score many goals, win many balls in the air, or throw himself into many last ditch tackles in his own area, but he doesn't need to. His positional sense is exceptional. When the full-backs press forward, he just knows where to go, in order to provide cover, pick up loose balls and retain possession by finding a blue shirt.

Not superstar stuff, but helluva effective.
His scoring record isn’t bad considering it probably took him 50 games to score his first goal so, since then 9 in 75.

It should be higher though because he is a really good finisher, if he could learn to make those late runs (when allowed) he would be frightening.

Your post is absolutely spot on though.

I've probably been guilt of not appreciating Ryan Jack anywhere near as much as I should. Coming back into the side from his spell out there has made me appreciate him much more. He just brings something to us that gives the confidence that we can get a result.
Seamlessly slotted back in last night, if we can get the same from Arfield and Roofe going into the Euro ties then we are into a winner

For a guy that's not very big he is a fking warrior and an intelligent footballer. Ryan Jack would run through brick walls for the jersey, for that I am grateful for his service.

Combine that with the stat I saw last night saying Helander hasn't lost a league game in Scotland and he's been here something like 550 days...ridiculous levels our squad has been playing at!

Back