Ryan Kent and his pet crocodiles

Maybe he’s going to open a shoe shop
hqdefault.jpg

I see that James Tavernier mentioned this during a twitch stream tonight. Said that Ryan basically runs a zoo from his apartment and bought two pet crocodiles!
That can’t be right though surely?! It would be illegal to keep them without a licence surely?!

remember when he bought big niko katic a snake for a secret Santa present too!! What a man.

Different to a having a dog anyway.
EmotionalAnyLark-size_restricted.gif

Naw there's nothing illegal about owning crocodiles in Scotland. What makes you think that?
If the Ceptic fans can throw sharks at the chamber of secrets, Ryan Kent can have all the crocodiles he wants at Ibrox. It's only fair. After all, we are the champions, and the people as well.

You need a Dangerous wild animals licence for all non-domestic animals. That's not the issue or the problem it's when the buggers outgrow the tank and room and house.
You don't need one for non-domestic animals, you need a Dangerous Wild Animals Licence for dangerous animals. Mostly big cats, wild dogs, croc/gators, and a lot of the venomous snakes, most primates, and some marsupials. The vast majority of snakes, lizards, spiders, and other reptiles are harmless and require no licence. There's not really any big snakes that are venomous so all the Burmese Pythons, Boa Constrictors, and Anacondas are unlicensed. An untamed 7ft Monitor Lizard can be as dangerous as some of the smaller or medium crocs but doesn't need a licence.

Crocodiles are aggressive but really predictable, you shouldn't get bit unless you're an idiot, and Alligators although they look bad are actually really easily managed and easy to tame, folk have them just cutting about their living rooms.

Everyone knows the size they can get when they buy them, but some folk shouldn't be allowed animals. A guy I worked with asked me to take his snake cause he couldn't look after it and it was a 9ft Boa Constrictor in a 2ft x 2ft vivarium. Takes years to get to those sizes so it's just pure scumbag behaviour.

Tav's stream is really good and he gives a good insight to the players and himself. The other night the chat was pre-match meals and he said Roofe has salmon & rice with beans on top!! He's also trying to get Jimmy Bell to drive the team bus again 1 day.

Just to clear something up that’s missing from the OP btw.

Tav did go on to say that it’s his brother Casper that’s got the crocodiles in Manchester. Ryan bought them but gave them to his brother

Somehow the story just became a little less surprising. Somewhere out there on the internet there’s going to be photos or videos of some Japanese girl writhing about with this crocodile.

You can buy Dwarf Caiman’s fairly easily, although they eventually need a very large enclosure. He must have some size of apartment.

You don't need one for non-domestic animals, you need a Dangerous Wild Animals Licence for dangerous animals. Mostly big cats, wild dogs, croc/gators, and a lot of the venomous snakes, most primates, and some marsupials. The vast majority of snakes, lizards, spiders, and other reptiles are harmless and require no licence. There's not really any big snakes that are venomous so all the Burmese Pythons, Boa Constrictors, and Anacondas are unlicensed. An untamed 7ft Monitor Lizard can be as dangerous as some of the smaller or medium crocs but doesn't need a licence.

Crocodiles are aggressive but really predictable, you shouldn't get bit unless you're an idiot, and Alligators although they look bad are actually really easily managed and easy to tame, folk have them just cutting about their living rooms.

Everyone knows the size they can get when they buy them, but some folk shouldn't be allowed animals. A guy I worked with asked me to take his snake cause he couldn't look after it and it was a 9ft Boa Constrictor in a 2ft x 2ft vivarium. Takes years to get to those sizes so it's just pure scumbag behaviour.
Cracking post - definitely should be in the lounge.

It would be interesting to know how they enforce any dangerous animal licences or laws.

If you turn up at the cooncil with a croc under each arm, who the feck is going to say no to you?

Theirs a guy in my town who has venomous snakes, (cobra and Tai-pan) he lives a couple of doors from my mate, just a normal ex council house. We have a Tortoise, was speaking to the guy in the exotic pet shop about him, apparently the snakes are in double locked vivariums, and the floor has alarmed pressure pads. Three monthly visits from the council to make sure everything is working to ensure he can keep his dangerous animals licence.

Might make the contract renewal talks easier. Ryan we are going to throw in a couple of alligators

Back