Ryan Kent is carrying our team.

Beat me to it. Or that every team Ronaldo plays in was carried by him.

Teams play best when their best players play well. There’s a shocking statement there, who’d have thought it?

I know mate. It was just Jim Baxter beat Celtic all those times. Greig n wee Wullie had nothing to do with it Ralph Brand would have been better in the house. Jim Forrest was shite.

On form Ryan's a smashing player but without Greegs tonight we would have lost. Away to a Dutch team I did not fancy us but overall I thought we were brilliant.

Interesting bit of Ryan trivia for this season. He has scored in every other game he has played. Played in nine games and scored in games 1, 3, 5, 7, 9. Look out Galatasaray.

Ryan is on a different level from the rest. Without him we would be struggling. IMHO

Morelos was carrying us last year and I was slated for saying it walking out of De Kuip and it showed when he chucked it post Xmas. Kent is on form, he's not carrying us. He's just hitting his potential. All over the pitch we are stronger but there's a couple niggles and doubts that still remain to be seen to.

No-one is carrying anyone this year, thus far. We look like a team, that's the main thing.

Certainly in terms of the forward 3 he’s contributing much more than Hagi or Morelos at the minute.

Possibly slightly harsh on the rest, but I get where the OP is coming from. Kent is operating levels above most of the rest of them.

Ludicrous to suggest he’s “carrying” the team.
He’s a player in sensational form in a great team.
Other than the Hibs game (in which he didn’t carry us), this team are in form.
Two great goalies. Two full backs who are flying, SD who’s defying his age in midfield and Glen Kamara again showed you don’t have to spend millions.
Carrying us? Utter nonsense.

He is our talisman and the best player in the country. It’s not even close in that regard.

Some of the abuse he was taking on this forum last year was bordering on scandalous.

Yet Arfield and Hagi were far more effective at Easter road. It’s horses for courses, of course away games with loads of space suit Kent (Europe in particular). He is in no way carrying the team. He has 1 league assist this season.

He had a great game tonight - but so did several others. I thought we were excellent right down the centre of the pitch. McGregor, Goldson/Helander, Davis/Kamara and Arfield/Kent. Maybe not so much Alfie but he did his bit.

Same type of player on the right and we would be unreal. Teams starting to double up on kent but if we had same on right they couldnt do same to both sides without leaving space.

Ryan is on a different level from the rest. Without him we would be struggling. IMHO
Could say the same about Messo or Ronaldo for their teams and countries it was a great team effort ffs some people need to go and lie down after a game and engage brain first

He is our best player but he is hardly carrying our team.
I’d say our defensive displays this year have been just as impressive.

He's taking his game to another level. It's what good players do.

A better end product than last season.

Continue to do that and the big offers have to come calling.

Aye Follow Follow, the only fans forum that can take a negative out of a positive.....No offence mate but you're talking utter p1sh, yeah Kent is our top man as every other team has, but to say we'd struggle without him is showing disservice to a good few members of the squad

No he isn’t, we have players working their socks off to allow him free space, he is our best player at the moment but it’s a team game

What is it 10 games, 8 wins and two draw it’s not to bad is it
Which is a great start to the season
Ludicrous to suggest he’s “carrying” the team.
He’s a player in sensational form in a great team.
Other than the Hibs game (in which he didn’t carry us), this team are in form.
Two great goalies. Two full backs who are flying, SD who’s defying his age in midfield and Glen Kamara again showed you don’t have to spend millions.
Carrying us? Utter nonsense.
Correct.
No one is carrying this team, excellent contribution all over the park at the moment, just what Gerrrard wants. Kent is our best attacking player and his contribution has been excellent but like all players he will probably have a dip in form at some point, as it stands we have the players to keep this team going when he does.

Disagree. Yes he is our outstanding player so far this season, but we have others playing well. Tav, Borna, both goalies, Roofe, Aribo, Davis, Goldson. They've all played their parts this season for me.

He is our best player but he is hardly carrying our team.
I’d say our defensive displays this year have been just as impressive.

Defence has been solid.

But without Kent going forward we’d be nowhere near as creative or lively. From that perspective, IMO if we lost Kent to injury we’d struggle from an attacking sense.

Infact I don’t see how anyone could claim otherwise given how much Kent is involved in going forward

Our best player, playing really well.

But carrying the team means others are not contributing. Which is totally negative bollocks.

Of course we would not be as good if he wasn't playing but what team isn't without their best player?

This is our downfall season after season imo, we've been over-reliant on Alfredo in the big games for the past few seasons, now its Kent

There'll be games he wont produce as much (i.e. Livi, Hibs) and we need the rest to be ready to step up

In the latter part of our 9 in a row seasons we were over reliant on one particular player during any given season..

Goram won us the league one season, as did Laudrup, Hateley did when Super broke his leg and Gascoigne won us number 8.

He’s unreal. The wee nutmeg at the start of the game had me off my seat.

It’s absolutely laughable that a team just promoted to the EPL bid £10m for him.

He has moved up a gear this season and is our main threat without doubt. Last season he often took the wrong option and would sort of run into blind alleys or have no end product which i think was caused by the pressure getting to him.
His comments last year highlighted this but i think he has, Livingston game apart, coped better this season. He is young and is only going to get better which is going to be great to watch.

He is the most expensive player in the team and this season he is starting to look like it. He is in good form and it is great to watch, but he really isn’t carrying the team. Barry Ferguson used to carry the team, Kent does some nice stuff that can unlock a defence sometimes.

We needed him to step up this year and consistently show the quality we know he has got.

It’s been a great start. He should be aiming for 20+ goals this season

That’s right let’s drop him and really give you something to moan about. He’s part of the team and has had a magnificent start to the season let’s hope it continues.

I am all for keeping our feet on the ground but after going away from home and beating a Top six Dutch team 4-0 I wonder why a poster would want to start such a negative thread?

Yeah great saves from him tonight. And those headed goals - sensational.

Stick to rowing

3561-E2-F1-DBA1-49-EF-A0-C1-8053-E611300-E.gif

I think I know and partially agree with what the OP is meaning. Kent was the difference in the first half, without him we wouldn't have scored those goals.

Last edited:
Back