Ryan Kent is carrying our team.

Carrying is a bit strong, but he has a huge influence on the side as did Aribo pre injury.

He was the outstanding individual last night, no doubt about it.

He's the best player in Scotland at the moment and it's not even close either. He's destined for the EPL if he keeps developing at this rate.
Can’t agree with this at all. Barisic is more ready for the EPL and we are more reliant on him for assists too.

We paid alot of money for him and now he is showing why. I wouldn't say he is carrying us but every team needs a talisman and he is stepping up to the plate so far this season.

Ryan Kent is not carrying out team - that's mental. He's possibly a stand out player but in no way is he the only one pulling his weight.

We have only conceded in one game this season - that is not down to Ryan Kent.

He is our best player right now but it is wrong to say he is carrying the team.

It is a pity Aribo is out just now - he started the season well.

Can’t agree with this at all. Barisic is more ready for the EPL and we are more reliant on him for assists too.

Borna could play in the EPL no problem as well but Kent has a higher ceiling. He's genuinely looking unplayable this season.

The fact Bielsa has been so keen to sign him will alert other clubs to him as well and they will be taking a far closer look at him now.

His talent has never been in doubt, he is now adding that end product to his game and looking far more of a goal threat rather than just a tricky winger who beats players in the wrong positions without really impacting the game in terms of goals / assists. The coaching team have clearly worked really hard with him in terms of getting himself into goalscoring areas of the pitch more often.

Borna could play in the EPL no problem as well but Kent has a higher ceiling. He's genuinely looking unplayable this season.

The fact Bielsa has been so keen to sign him will alert other clubs to him as well and they will be taking a far closer look at him now.

His talent has never been in doubt, he is now adding that end product to his game and looking far more of a goal threat rather than just a tricky winger who beats players in the wrong positions without really impacting the game in terms of goals / assists. The coaching team have clearly worked really hard with him in terms of getting himself into goalscoring areas of the pitch more often.
I’m definitely in the minority on this, but for me the two players who could walk into many EPL starting 11s are Borna and Aribo. I think our fans are overrating Kent a bit by saying he could do that, but as I say I’m in the minority so I’m not going to bother debating it.

I am all for keeping our feet on the ground but after going away from home and beating a Top six Dutch team 4-0 I wonder why a poster would want to start such a negative thread?
I lost it with a guy I`ve known for decades after the St Johnstone game; (he knew I had the RTV package for August, which seemed to make the abuse worse because he knew I was watching but I wasn`t (thus far)biting); banging on about SG (never a manager); always picking his favourites (dredging up sh1te about Tav from the 2016 final)..... an hour after the game he was still texting in SHOUTED CAPITALS; I just burst and told him he to f*ck off and take his *constant toxic negativity* with him.
Blocked and deleted him; which was a smart move, as he`s the sort of c*nt who would have been punching the air in delight after the Livingston game; not to mention spamming me with texts vindicating his abuse of players and staff.
Back on track, Ryan Kent is having a superb season; and long may it continue. He is vital to our team, we look to him for inspiration;
but to say he carries the others is selling his team mates short.
Last night was an excellent team performance.

Said the same on twitter this morning. Currently the best in the country by a mile. The Yahoos still steadfastly sticking to the "he canny assist" narrative. :D
I find it bizarre with them. I understood their criticism of Alfie as he somehow can’t score against them. But Kent regularly tears them a new one!

Utter nonsense he's carrying the team. He's currently the best player in a team performing well though, and looks to have stepped up a level from last year and added more goals to the mix. Long may it continue.

Different players are performing fantastically in different games. Kent has been brilliant for a number of games but we've got quite a few match winners in the squad. If Kent isn't performing then others can and do step up.

A lot of our players are playing pretty well just now, I would agree Kent is playing outstanding but he he wasn’t against Hibs.
In theory should he not be our best player due to his price tag?

Kent is playing brilliantly. He absolutely loves it here, and he hates that mob.
Born to play for us, and long may it continue.
But no one player is carrying us, he is just our best player right now.

McGregor, Helander, Kamara and Morelos were also very good tonight.

Every team has their best player, ours is now Kent

Agree JD.

If the season stopped today he would be a certainty for POTY despite the hatred towards us in this country.

Despite that, we have had a lot of cracking individual performances this season already, by such as Aribo, McLaughlin, Goldson, Borna, Tav, McGregor last night, etc.

Was great when Kent was being written off as a £7m panic buy a few months ago.

Good old FF.

In the same way Messi carried Barcelona? Or Ronaldo carried Real Madrid and Juve? There is no doubt that Stevie G carried Liverpool for more than 10 years but while Ryan is a key player he is not ‘carrying the team’.

Carrying our team suggests the rest aren't pulling their weight which is quite clearly nonsense, he's our most dangerous weapon and in great form, just leave the hyperbole out of it FFS.

Kent is a special player, but he ain't carrying the team. Last night was a great result , we went to Holland and won 4 nil , a good all round team performance with no failures.

I think that to an extent the way the team is playing gives him freedom to express himself. The real test will be when we are struggling and he pulls out a hole. He is, however, playing great for us at the moment there is no doubt.

Back