Ryan Kent prospective Re-occurrence of hamstring injury?

Greenisland Bear

First of all I'm not scare mongering.

Just listened to SG's post match interview with Rangers TV.

He said Kent was subbed off as he 'felt something'

Would explain the Middleton sub but that would be horrendous luck if he's out again.

This would be disastrous.

Kent and Candeias are easily our best players out wide.
We’ve missed Kent badly.

As you say it would be an absolute disaster for us.

To me, Kent is the only midfield player in our first team that is able to beat players, to cut inside when he wants to, and who is willing to have a shot.
He seems to be the only midfielder that we have who understands the benefits of running the ball into the box, and what can come from it.

Sounded from SG's interview that he just might have been brought back a tad early (let's hope it isn't the case).

I was extremely surprised he played today at all, having been brought into first team full training less than a week ago. It would seem looking from the outside in a ridiculous decision.

Strange choice to start him I thought after he’s been out with that kind of injury and it looks like it’s backfired.

I don’t see how we have missed him. His assists so far are low and barely more than his goals, his end product in general isn’t good enough to play in a 433.
Morelos is creating and scoring , nobody else has an acceptable level apart from Tav and Arfield.

I don’t see how we have missed him. His assists so far are low and barely more than his goals, his end product in general isn’t good enough to play in a 433.
Morelos is creating and scoring , nobody else has an acceptable level apart from Tav and Arfield.

Yes he doesn't score or assist enough but he's still far better than our other wide options. He was our only bright spark from our attacking mids yesterday and set up Lafferty for a perfectly good goal that was chopped off.

It's a huge blow if he's out for any length of time.

What are the likes of Middleton and Candeias going to do against the filth for us? They'll be pissing themselves at the prospect of lining up against those two.

Still think Middleton is nowhere near good enough to start for us.

So praying Kent is ok.
Agreed.

Middleton should be an emergency substitute at very best. He looks way out his depth and offers very little. Decision making is poor and I have to say that I have never bought in on the hype for the lad.

Hopefully he comes good one day but he has a long way to go to convince me.

I actually came on too post similar I think Kents performances are very pleasing on the eye and he looks like he is working hard but there is rarely an end product to his game.

Agreed.

Middleton should be an emergency substitute at very best. He looks way out his depth and offers very little. Decision making is poor and I have to say that I have never bought in on the hype for the lad.

Hopefully he comes good one day but he has a long way to go to convince me.

Agreed. Didn't beat his man once yesterday and his crosses were rubbish.
Plus his demeanour is very timid.
Bad option for must-win away game.

Looks like a wee boy lost most of the time.

For his own sake, he should be taken out the first team for a while.

Physically and mentally not there yet in terms of the Rangers first team IMO.

Really hope Ryan Kent is not injured again. He was an important player for us earlier in the season and he has a big part to play. Fingers crossed its nothing that will keep him out.

If true then Gerrard is the one to blame. He has been cautious with Grezda & Barisic, but threw Kent straight back in.

I actually thought Glen was a cracking wee player when he first broke through, he was fast, direct, cocky, could beat a man and most importantly he looked up before crossing - everything he wasn't yesterday. What's happened to the lad, just youthful incondistency?

Yes he doesn't score or assist enough but he's still far better than our other wide options. He was our only bright spark from our attacking mids yesterday and set up Lafferty for a perfectly good goal that was chopped off.

It's a huge blow if he's out for any length of time.

What are the likes of Middleton and Candeias going to do against the filth for us? They'll be pissing themselves at the prospect of lining up against those two.

No he isn’t better because he is playing in a 433 up front , his job is to create and score goals. He has barely done so.
He goes on runs with the ball but never finds anyone as he has no real end product.
They will be pissing themselves about if Worrall plays or our non existent midfield or even Morelos who they can wind up to put him off his game.
As if Kent is going to cause them sleepless nights is wishful thinking.

He's a kid.

Only just no longer classed an actual child.

The fact that he has made an impact so far is fantastic.

I was critical of his yesterday, but i believe he's played too much and he needs the opportunity to go away and learn and practice without the pressure of being brought on to win a game. let alone from supporters with comments like these!

He's a kid.

Only just no longer classed an actual child.

The fact that he has made an impact so far is fantastic.

I was critical of his yesterday, but i believe he's played too much and he needs the opportunity to go away and learn and practice without the pressure of being brought on to win a game. let alone from supporters with comments like these!

What do you want me to say? He was good, when he wasn't.
I wasn't scathing, just giving an honest appraisal

No he isn’t better because he is playing in a 433 up front , his job is to create and score goals. He has barely done so.
He goes on runs with the ball but never finds anyone as he has no real end product.
They will be pissing themselves about if Worrall plays or our non existent midfield or even Morelos who they can wind up to put him off his game.

At least Kent is direct has a trick and can go past players. That's an improvement alone on our other wingers.

None of our wide players score or assist. James Forrest himself has scored more than all of them put together this season.

We sold an attacking mid who scored 18 goals and had 11 assists for us last season but everyone was happy to see him go so we can't complain now.

say him walking round the track before the game on Wednesday night, and I know people walking differantly, but said to my mate no way is he fit to play, he was still stiff and limping

We sold an attacking mid who scored 18 goals and had 11 assists for us last season but everyone was happy to see him go so we can't complain now.

Replaced him with the sand dancing Ejaria.

Rangers isn’t the club for young loan players to learn their trade regardless of talent. The mouth foaming abuse raining down from the stands will destroy any young player.

Gerrard has gotten it wrong.

At least Kent is direct has a trick and can go past players. That's an improvement alone on our other wingers.

None of our wide players score or assist. James Forrest himself has scored more than all of them put together this season.

Let’s be honest most were in about 2 or 3 games against lower league and weaker opposition.
He scored in Aberdeen and against the scum at home after a nice set up from Boyata.
Most games he hid, he played as an individual and never worked for the team.
We were right to sell him, the problem was thinking we can just bring in loans and freebies to sort out the midfield and wide positions.
When we do spend money on a wide player he had been injured for the last 4 months.

You are right about the contribution of our wide players. Since we first started playing 433 I have been saying it has to be 3 players who score in these positions. It doesn’t work with 1 striker and 2 wingers and is easy to defend against.
The worst area of our team though is midfield , it was full of inflexible players who could only do small roles within midfield like Jack, McCrorie, Dorrans etc and all we added was Arfield ( decent signing) and 2 young mids with not much first team experience.
We needed a playmaker and a goal scoring midfielder, players like that cost money and we never had much.
We need a flexible midfield that can defend, create, run with the ball and score if they need to, just like the scums and we don’t have 1 anywhere near as good as about 5 of their midfielders.

We have been allowed to get near them due to their complacency not due to our form (stats wise is no better than last year) so for us to crumble without a squeak in this last week shouldn’t come as a surprise.

What do you want me to say? He was good, when he wasn't.
I wasn't scathing, just giving an honest appraisal
you're criticising his demeanour... he's a child.

He's a bad option.

Criticise by all means. I just thought your attitude towards him needed addressing.

Expect more of Rangers, bear in mind who the individuals actually are.

Quite funny to see people say we rushed back Kent when probably the same people have been shouting ‘where’s Barisic’ the past few weeks?
We have got to trust the medical staff and the player,if Kent says he’s fit and his hammy is fine what else can the manager do?

Quite funny to see people say we rushed back Kent when probably the same people have been shouting ‘where’s Barisic’ the past few weeks?
We have got to trust the medical staff and the player,if Kent says he’s fit and his hammy is fine what else can the manager do?

Kent showed in the first half when he was on the pitch how he was rushed back. We've badly missed him.

Well well that’s it pointless going to Vienna! Anyone want to buy an airline ticket with a match ticket thrown in?

Each to their own, but never mind being one of our better wife players, I’d sau Candeias is one of our better players full stop.

We’re a far better team when Candeias is in the side.

Every body has an opinion but there is a reason why candieas has had more clubs than a golfers bag!

Gerrard either trusts Middleton and Grezda tomorrow and sticks to the normal formation or I think he'll go with a 3-5-2 and play Morelos and Lafferty up front with Tavernier and Barisic providing the width.

Back