Ryan Kent, Rangers or Leeds?

Gers55

Rangers and Leeds United given boost as Aston Villa unlikely to land Liverpool midfielder who flopped at Bristol City

Ryan Kent failed to make an impression during his time at the Robins

BY JOHN EVELY13:34, 9 JUN 2019

Aston Villa look unlikely to land Liverpool's in demand midfielder Ryan Kent according to the latest reports.

The Sun on Sunday reports Kent, 22, is unlikely to join newly promoted Aston Villa because of Premier League rules limiting the number of loan players allowed at clubs.

Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.

According to the report Liverpool do not want to sell Kent meaning a loan deal is the most likely option for the midfielder this summer who is unlikely to break into the Champions League winner's first team squad any time soon.

Kent had a tough time on loan at the Bristol City in 2017/18. The winger arrived at the Robins from Liverpool in January 2018 but failed to make an impact at Ashton Gate, making just 10 appearances.

Kent even admits he fell out of love with football during his time at Ashton Gate.

He did not even play enough to satisfy his parent club while at the Robins and the Championship club were subsequently fined by Anfield bosses over his lack of football.

However Kent enjoyed an impressive loan spell with Steven Gerrard's Rangers last season and even won the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year award.

Gerrard has made no secret of the fact he would like to bring Kent back to Ibrox but he faces stiff competition from Leeds United.

Football Insider reports White manager Marcelo Beilsa's has made an 'approach' for the Englishman.

Follow @bristollive

We can't compete on transfer fees, but we can for a loan to give game experience and learning how to win.

There’s no way imo the boy would want to go to shitty Leeds. That would be another Bristol for him. Like Gramps said above,Stevie will have a lot of influence here. I’m confident he’ll be with us next season.

He would prefer to yeah. But if Liverpool want to increase his value further before selling he’ll go to Leeds.
Not necessarily.
What was Ryan's worth before he came to us ? Nowhere near what his value is at present so maybe Liverpool will prefer Ryan to come back to us, knowing that he will improve again and further increase his value.

If it’s between us and a championship team on loan, we win. The lad will get plenty of game time with us, after his displays last season, add in European football and Stevie G. It’s a no brainer.
If he goes anywhere else and doesn’t start on fire, he gets dropped, and back to square one.

That's my wish mate. He loves it here and winning 55 will be great for Ryan plus his career would take off even further being in the team with assists and goals to boot.

Really hope we get him for at least another season.

It would be a great move for us and him. Do you know how long is left on his Liverpool contract?

There’s no way imo the boy would want to go to shitty Leeds. That would be another Bristol for him. Like Gramps said above,Stevie will have a lot of influence here. I’m confident he’ll be with us next season.
Give us one more year wee man,you know you want to,Leeds my arse

I think liverpool would rather he showcased his talent in Europe providing we make it rather than the championship.
Fact is that if he has a good season in the Championship under an utterly fantastic manager then his value goes to about £25m.

All about money.

He would prefer to yeah. But if Liverpool want to increase his value further before selling he’ll go to Leeds.
You sure?
I posted recently that another good season up here for Kent would see him in the £12-15m band at least.
This based on what the scum got for Armstrong and Wanyama and the reported figures regarding Kent’s current worth.

Really hope we can keep him. Hopefully the Steven Gerrard effect is enough to persuade liverpoool to allow him to come.

You sure?
I posted recently that another good season up here for Kent would see him in the £12-15m band at least.
This based on what the scum got for Armstrong and Wanyama and the reported figures regarding Kent’s current worth.
Exactly my point mate. Another good season up here & his value is 12-15m max.

If he has the same sort of season in the Championship then his value goes to about 25m, see Harry Wilson as my example.

It will be down to Liverpool .

If they think his profile will be enhanced more by playing in the Championship they will want to send him to Leeds.

If they are looking to sell this close season we won't be in the hunt , if they believe he will increase his value enough at Rangers he should be back.

That's assuming he is actually in the shop window which seems the most likely scenario.

A lot of if's and and's to be honest.

Exactly my point mate. Another good season up here & his value is 12-15m max.

If he has the same sort of season in the Championship then his value goes to about 25m, see Harry Wilson as my example.
I get what you’re saying and it’s a good example that I can’t beat.
Not saying you’re right though.:)

He needs another season of stability so it makes sense for Liverpool to send him back to us where SG knows the lad and they know he will be looked after and he enjoys it here.
We are going to be some team going forward next season with him and Ojo wide going at teams with power and pace.

Good that Liverpool aren’t selling him. Gives us a chance of seeing him back on loan, I thought that ship had sailed.

Back