Ryan Kent, Rangers or Leeds?

If/when those three sign, we will be up to about 35ish first team players. How big a squad are you expecting? :D :D
Im assuming players will leave. I’m also expecting players in that have achieved something at a level higher than League One playoffs. Otherwise this is another hopeful punt season. That’s the reality. These guys have potential. We need winners.

I felt Kent looked shoehorned in when playing centrally. He‘s best wide where there is space to use his pace.

That may be the case - I thought he was alright - but we can’t go into another season with one formation and that’s it.

We need options to change it up during games.

We’re at 30 players just now.

Decisions need made on Polster, Docherty & McCrorie.

Alnwick, Herrera, Dodoo, Holt will be gone. Middleton & Hastie out on loan.

It's easier said than done. We still have legacy players from the Warburton and Pedro era that are on our books.
Vast majority of those legacy players now only have one year of their contract left. Should be a lot easier to get rid of now. The only difficult one will be Grezda imo.

Dorrans and lafferty should be away as well mate

I heard Dorrans is absolutely flying fitness wise at the moment. He finished the season really well in the reserves and has been over in Dubai in recent weeks doing his own mini preseason before we start back training.

Dorrans is giving it everything. This is his last chance. Gerrard really rates him as well so he could surprise a lot of our fans if he manages to get a full preseason and up to full sharpness.

I heard Dorrans is absolutely flying fitness wise at the moment. He finished the season really well in the reserves and has been over in Dubai in recent weeks doing his own mini preseason before we start back training.

Dorrans is giving it everything. This is his last chance. Gerrard really rates him as well so he could surprise a lot of our fans if he manages to get a full preseason and up to full sharpness.
Would love to see him get a season fully fit with us! I know he gets a bit of stick on here but I rate Dorrans highly and he has the ability to score from outside the box, something none of the current midfield have.

If the player has sway in the arrangement and has chosen not to go to Villa, who are back in the top league, then I can’t see why he would opt for Leeds in the Championship.

I’d definitely want to see Kent being more direct next season. For all the trickery that he shows, the goal tally was poor and assists not where you would want either.
I absolutely hate assists being used as a meaningful stat.
If he provides the chances but they're not converted, how is that in any way his fault?

The way Liverpool work it their playing clauses don’t mean they have to play, its entirely up to the manager of the club, it may cost a fee if they don’t hit it off, but if they worked it the other way round we’d pay a fee regardless.

You would be better just copy and pasteing this mate as just like last season you'll be typing it out a lot to explain to folk that don't or won't understand how Liverpool's loan system works.:))

I absolutely hate assists being used as a meaningful stat.
If he provides the chances but they're not converted, how is that in any way his fault?
Regardless of how many end up as a goal, he doesn’t get a ball into a teammate often enough given how often he is the one taking the ball into the dangerous areas around the opposition box. He was one of our main attacking threats down that left side last season but it didn’t result in enough chances or goals.
The right side with Candeias didn’t return any better to be fair and on either side of the attack, Rangers need to sharpen up and be more productive to make a strong challenge for the title next season.

I’d love to see Kent cut inside and run at the centre of a defence from time to time as well. He has the ability to get round people but I don’t think he is making the most of it.

Would love to see him get a season fully fit with us! I know he gets a bit of stick on here but I rate Dorrans highly and he has the ability to score from outside the box, something none of the current midfield have.

It's the usual crap on here, guys had a long term injury so he's done.
I think he'll surprise people on here.

We play 3 centre mids every week so at a minimum, we will be carrying 6 central midfielders in our first team squad this season. There isn't 6 central midfielders at the club better than a fit Dorrans, so he's more than capable of having an impact this season if his injury problems are behind him now.

He's a similar age to Arfield, people seem to forget that. He's hardly past it. He actually had a far better career down in England than Arfield as well.

Best thing I’ve read on here in a while. Really good player.

Love the news on Dorrans.

he has always been a class player, just lost his sharpness. we get that back and he will be like a new player

We play 3 centre mids every week so at a minimum, we will be carrying 6 central midfielders in our first team squad this season. There isn't 6 central midfielders at the club better than a fit Dorrans, so he's more than capable of having an impact this season if his injury problems are behind him now.

He's a similar age to Arfield, people seem to forget that. He's hardly past it. He actually had a far better career down in England than Arfield as well.

If Dorrans remains fit that would be a huge bonus.

A class midfielder with a fabulous range of passing and the eye to play a killer pass.

I'd love a fit Dorrans for the entire season.

Not as an every week player. But given the fact we could be playing in Europe for x amount of months I'd love to see him come in every 2nd or 3rd week.

Always been a fan of him. Even in his Norwich/WBA days

Dorrans would thrive off the movement of Ojo, Kent, Morelos etc

I hope he can stay fit because he will be a very useful player.

I saw him in the last reserve game against Falkirk and he looked MILES off the pace. You could obviously tell he was a senior player but I'd have been expecting him to run the game from the centre of the park against a poor Falkirk side and he was nowhere near that level.

Fair play to him if he's been bursting a gut but I'm not sure just how intensive a preseason in Dubai looking after a mangled Ryan Jack is (that comment is partly in jest)

The proof will be in the next few weeks for him. He was a good player in his day and he's been massively unlucky with injuries (through assault by opposition players) since he came here. I don't see him ahead of a good few of our central midfield players as things stand.

I agree with you don't see the rush to write him off. He has an eye for a killer pass we don't have that many on here that can. If he can prove his fitness then he can definitely play a part.

But it wouldn't be Follow Follow without the range of opinions.

Guys who didn’t play last season, particularly ones who were out on loan, don’t need replaced.

You can’t say we need to replace Worrall and Kent, and also Dodoo and Holt.

It’s one route or the other.

Out/In:

-Foderingham / Needs replaces if leaves.
- Wallace / Doesn’t need replaced.
- McAuley / Needs replaced (Edmondson).
- Worrall / Needs replaced (evident by Mexer).
- Coulibaly / replaced by Docherty return.
- Dorrans / replaces by Aribo.
- Grezda / replaces by Ojo.
- Middleton (loan out) / replaced by Jones.
- Hastie (loan out) / Hastie in.
- Lafferty / replaced by Stewart (formation switch).

Assuming we get those mentioned, or more importantly, their offers are not contingent on players leaving, we just need a centre half (given we were turned down by Mexer).
Unless we think the squad will bloat further, or we think more will leave? In which case, it has to be a one out/one in approach.

We'll be playing 2 games a week until Xmas hopefully mate.

They'll all see plenty game time.
I know, it's just that Gerrard didn't rotate much through our busiest time of the season and stuck rigidly to 4-3-3. Ejaria was undroppable. I'm sure lessons have been learned but I still think it should be Ojo or Kent not both given the number of Rangers owned players we have in the position and given neither are natural in the new preferred formation.

I don't want to be too negative but I'll believe it when I see it re: Dorran's fitness.
Imo, his legs started going due to injuries a long time before he even joined us

I saw him in the last reserve game against Falkirk and he looked MILES off the pace. You could obviously tell he was a senior player but I'd have been expecting him to run the game from the centre of the park against a poor Falkirk side and he was nowhere near that level.

Fair play to him if he's been bursting a gut but I'm not sure just how intensive a preseason in Dubai looking after a mangled Ryan Jack is (that comment is partly in jest)

The proof will be in the next few weeks for him. He was a good player in his day and he's been massively unlucky with injuries (through assault by opposition players) since he came here. I don't see him ahead of a good few of our central midfield players as things stand.

To be fair, I don't think Ryan Jack was in Dubai with him so I doubt he would have been looking after him, only training.

To be fair, I don't think Ryan Jack was in Dubai with him so I doubt he would have been looking after him, only training.

Apologies, was that from the Spain trip?

Fair play to Dorrans if he's making an extra effort. I just can't see it given it's been two years now.

Anfield HQ on Twitter:

The move for Ojo will have no impact on the deal for Ryan Kent and Rangers remain firmly at the head of the queue to reach an agreement that will see the forward return to Glasgow for a second loan spell.

They’re a fully verified independent fan site, normally very reliable on Liverpool matters.

Anfield HQ on Twitter:

The move for Ojo will have no impact on the deal for Ryan Kent and Rangers remain firmly at the head of the queue to reach an agreement that will see the forward return to Glasgow for a second loan spell.

They’re a fully verified independent fan site, normally very reliable on Liverpool matters.
That’s literally the exact same words as the Chris Jack report.

Back