Ryan Kent, Rangers or Leeds?

It’ll be interesting to see what Liverpool decide. The only thing going against us is the league we play in so that will tell us what Liverpool think of the SPL.

Nah I've been around mate. Hope you're keeping well. Enjoy the dog sitting.:))

Nightmare tbh, I've got my Boxer and they get on, but fucking hell man It's like a bears dug reunion when the team up. Mental. shattered and nae help fae Mrs PB as per.

So I'm just going to sit down, chill and scratch my haw maws tonight. :D

There’s no way imo the boy would want to go to shitty Leeds. That would be another Bristol for him. Like Gramps said above,Stevie will have a lot of influence here. I’m confident he’ll be with us next season.

Leeds are a massive club and played some fantastic attacking football under biesla last season, just ran out of steam and form at wrong time.

I wish we could still throw money about and pay what Liverpool want, but its not to be.
*Kent would love the stability of a contract at Ibrox, then maybe move on again later.
*we know what we're getting, we could sign replacement and it might not work.
*playing at the teams after him would be nothing compared to Ibrox.
BUT,
*our league is poor,
*teams are time wasting in the 1st 20 minutes,
*6 plastic pitch visits
*we have a network of media wrong yins forensically looking for anything to pass on to the Celtc compliance officer.

Very positive news if the report is correct. My understanding is that Liverpool told us some weeks ago that Klopp wanted to see Kent in pre-season before making a decision but that the decision would be either (1) if Klopp saw him as a potential future Liverpool player then we would get him back on loan for one more season of development or (2) if Klopp looked at him and didn't see enough to convince him that Kent might make it at Liverpool then he would be sold to the highest bidder (thus almost certainly ruling us out). Even if it turned out to be (1), we weren't to expect to have him in time for UEFA Cup qualifiers because Klopp wanted a proper look at him. Maybe things have evolved since then.

He would prefer to yeah. But if Liverpool want to increase his value further before selling he’ll go to Leeds.

His stock has risen massively at us, another season and a championship will make it rise again

The valuations of players on this place recently has at times been worse than ridiculous.

Ryan Kent - if Liverpool were to try and cash in on him right now could probably go for around 8m, which would be a good bit of business for them. Honestly couldn't see a club paying much more, unless some sort of bidding war broke out which I just don't see.

Another similar season up here, yeah your looking at 10.. possibly 12, if he improved during that time.

Signing for Leeds on loan, or anyone else in the championship for that matter is not going to turn him into a 25m player unless he magically turns into a 15-20 goal per season winger how chips in with plenty of assists as well.

A similar season down at say Leeds would simply just confirm the 10-12m price tag.

Leeds are a massive club and played some fantastic attacking football under biesla last season, just ran out of steam and form at wrong time.
I understand about last season. A massive club though I disagree with.They have also been badly run for years. Gerrard will have a massive influence in this also. That I’m sure of. I really doubt that he will end up at Leeds. The lad is happy here and Liverpool seem to be happy with the situation also. If Liverpool want to improve him money wise then I think it will be to much of a risk to send him to Leeds. Many a player gets forgotten about in that league. Remember also Gerrard has been to Liverpool to talk directly with them on the subject. I think he will be with us next season.

Sorry to be a downer, but I think Liverpool would rather be goes to Leeds than Rangers.

They will be wanting another Harry Wilson situation with Kent and his value to soar.

Will be all down to Gerrard and Kent himself I suppose and being an English lad I think he’d rather have another crack at the championship.

I really hope I am proved wrong mind you.

I understand about last season. A massive club though I disagree with.They have also been badly run for years. Gerrard will have a massive influence in this also. That I’m sure of. I really doubt that he will end up at Leeds. The lad is happy here and Liverpool seem to be happy with the situation also. If Liverpool want to improve him money wise then I think it will be to much of a risk to send him to Leeds. Many a player gets forgotten about in that league. Remember also Gerrard has been to Liverpool to talk directly with them on the subject. I think he will be with us next season.

Wishful thinking im afraid mate.

Liverpool sending him up here for another season will not increase his value.

A good season in the championship ala harry wilson.

Fwiw i dont see him going out on loan, i think he will be sold to a top championship club for around £10 million.

If, and It's a massive If. If the report is true, and Liverpool only want to loan and not sell. Then given Gerrards relationship with Liverpool. The love Kent has for us. The opportunity of European football. Then we have got to be favourites.

Fwiw i dont see him going out on loan, i think he will be sold to a top championship club for around £10 million.
You might be right mate. We’ll see of course. Would be nice to just buy him but that’s another story.

What was his value at the start of this season? Pretty sure its increased and if he continues to improve and star in a title winning team it will go up

He says he would love to stay at Rangers but that he doesn't have much say in it as he's a Liverpool player and he will have to wait and see what they want to do.

Weird so many folk writing off our chances of getting him, our manager has a wee bit of influence here.

The player as well. Liverpool might want to send him to Leeds but that's not going to do them any good if Kent sticks to his guns and says he only wants to come back up here.

Personally I'd avoid Leeds. I don't see Bielsa sticking around for the whole of next season.

Nothing more than a thought, but feel he'll be back.

Like many before him, could tell he got the bug

Would love for Kent to come back, but him, Ojo, Stewart, Hastie and Jones seems like immense overkill.

We seemed to have too many wide men this season. Murphy back, and five more seems insane. Candeias must be for the off, with Middleton and Hastie out on loan.

I might be wrong but Stevie going down to Liverpool putting a case across for another year loan.
He's now not getting sold but going out on loan??
I think Stevies getting his wish!!

Thats Lustic on the treatment table if im right*

What if he went to The Championship and flopped again like his time at Bristol City? His value would plummet.

If Kent comes back up here he is pretty much guaranteed to have a cracking season for us.

I thought I was a miserable bastard at times glass half empty doesn't begin to describe some of you miserable c*nts :D

Kent will be at rangers next season , imo . Not ink but it makes sense to both clubs . He is performing every week constantly, at Liverpool not even on bench .its a no brainer for me

Interesting point in the OP about clubs getting fined for lack of game time

What if he went to The Championship and flopped again like his time at Bristol City? His value would plummet.

If Kent comes back up here he is pretty much guaranteed to have a cracking season for us.

I thought I was a miserable bastard at times glass half empty doesn't begin to describe some of you miserable c*nts :D

Lol I think some of the 'c*nts' on here haven't even been to the pub to steal the glass yet mate, never mind half fill it although not necessarily this thread.

For me with Kent the only issue is what Liverpool want to achieve with him. If it's holding on to him for another year in the hope of increasing his value a little then we are as good a chance to do that as anywhere else he could go. Most probably the safe bet to achieve it. His value is not going to suddenly double with a year in the championship.

A similar year here, or down there, and he goes for around the same I think. So if indeed villa have pulled back from a deal, and no one else is too interested in him atm then our chances of getting him back might just have got a little better.

Stevie G

European experience

Title winner.

Treble winner.

Why wouldn’t Ryan come back :))

Exactly my point mate. Another good season up here & his value is 12-15m max.

If he has the same sort of season in the Championship then his value goes to about 25m, see Harry Wilson as my example.

Another way to look at it is if he goes to Leeds and has another Bristol City (rhyming slang) season then his value plummets.
Comes back to Rangers and does well again he cements his value.
It may max at 12- 15m but shows other young kids coming through Liverpool’s ranks that they do the right thing for them and not just their own bank balance.
It was the manager that rebuilt Ryan Kent’s confidence.
Liverpool may think Steviie G has earned the right continue what is proving to be a fruitful and worthwhile relationship between the clubs.
Trust goes both ways.

Hadn’t seen your post when I posted mine but exactly what I was thinking.

Would love for Kent to come back, but him, Ojo, Stewart, Hastie and Jones seems like immense overkill.

We seemed to have too many wide men this season. Murphy back, and five more seems insane. Candeias must be for the off, with Middleton and Hastie out on loan.

Agree with this Middleton will go out on loan and we will sell Candeias think we’ll neep Hastie though.

Back