Ryan Kent says pitch difficult to play on

blueballs

Interesting that he just mentioned that on RTV, said especially for dribbling and that the Gaffer suggested couple of touches only

The Ibrox surface hasn't looked great for a wee while now

Not that youd notice from the display. Brilliant today Rangers, another step closer

Credit to every player today, and well done Kent, great performance

Interesting that he just mentioned that on RTV, said especially for dribbling and that the Gaffer suggested couple of touches only

Not that youd notice from the display. Brilliant today Rangers, another step closer

Clever man management from Gerrard.

Defensive cloggers will love that pitch unfortunately but it can't be helped due to the Scottish weather + covid effect

McCann and Hateley at HT said it was in great condition as well??

I don't think the pitch was the worst it has been, or even close to the worst in the country right now.

It seemed quite bobbly which would affect players like Kent more than anyone, but it was still quite slick and in decent shape for our aggressive fast pace attacking football today.

Any pitch or just ours?
He was a bit better today before the attack dogs are unleashed.

It's not though is it? Arguably in better nick today than the past couple of seasons
Isn’t really saying much to be honest, the grass behind my house has been better than Ibrox.

Humpz above knows his stuff too mate, he’s probably the most qualified person to speak on the matter :))

Daft question and not an endorsement of this but I notice Real Madrid are basically playing their games at their training ground.

I believe our training pitches are at the same dimensions of Ibrox which means we wouldn't be changing dimensions mid season.

So, if the Ibrox pitch became really bad, could we swap to playing there within the rules? Better park suits our team.

Again, I'm not saying I want to do this. Simply querying if it's something that would actually be allowed as there are many games still to go.

Isn’t really saying much to be honest, the grass behind my house has been better than Ibrox.

Humpz above knows his stuff too mate, he’s probably the most qualified person to speak on the matter :))

I like to think I'm a bit of a grass guru myself.

Never touched a lawnmower in 40 years though. :))

I can say without a doubt it is mate. It's in way better condition than only a few weeks ago and we hope it stays that way but work is required this summer to really help us going forward
I stand corrected then, I'm guessing your involved.

I thought watching it, it did seem quite soft and tore up quite easily. Maybe not surprising considering the rain/snow we've had.

Might get a bit of abuse for this but the club promising a hybrid surface two years ago and only doing the penalty boxes is a bit of a disgrace.

We installed one at Auchenhowie for the players to get used to it and they now train on a significantly better surface than they actually play on.

It has clearly impacted our last few home performances prior to today.

Hope we can find a permanent solution.

Pitch looked a huge improvement from the mentally challengeds game, but with so much snow and rain falling recently, it was bound to be very heavy.

That's unavoidable unfortunately.

The lack of investment from the board with regard to our playing surface simply HAS to be addressed in the summer.

A complete overhaul required.

Not good enough that our pitch is in the state it is in after only a dozen or so games each season.

Daft question and not an endorsement of this but I notice Real Madrid are basically playing their games at their training ground.

I believe our training pitches are at the same dimensions of Ibrox which means we wouldn't be changing dimensions mid season.

So, if the Ibrox pitch became really bad, could we swap to playing there within the rules? Better park suits our team.

Again, I'm not saying I want to do this. Simply querying if it's something that would actually be allowed as there are many games still to go.

I think Madrid are using those pitches because the Bernabeu is being completely refurbished since the end of last season.

Googled it to see the stage it had reached by mid January of this year, 2021.

Anyone else think this is Gerrard getting them prepared for the tattie field on Wednesday by telling the players one or 2 touch on a bad pitch.

Using county as a practice match.

Teams in the EPL are using the grow lighting system with mobile lighting rigs. I assume that this would not work for us just now as the temp is too low for the grass to grow. You can replace divots etc after the game but they will not knit like they would in Aug to oct.

It looked better than past few game but even for Jack’s goal you seen the bobble it took before Hagi played it to him

Teams in the EPL are using the grow lighting system with mobile lighting rigs. I assume that this would not work for us just now as the temp is too low for the grass to grow. You can replace divots etc after the game but they will not knit like they would in Aug to oct.
I'm sure we have used mobile lighting rigs for years. You can see Ibrox glowing sometimes when you pass it.

The pitch for the last however many years has been pretty shocking during winter, although it did look better than normal today. Covid wasn't a factor until this season, so there must be another reason for it.

We have the GrassMaster installed in the penalty areas, it needs to be extended to the full pitch. It can't be good for Gerrard to be making all the progress he has been, with the ball playing players he has in the squad limited by the surface at our own ground.

Madrids stadium is undergoing huge works.

Pitch is a bit rough but most of them are due to the weather. Can only pish with the dick you've got.
Many other clubs around the UK have had snow, rain etc this winter yet they look far better than ours.

The lack of priority put on the playing surface by our club in the past few years is extremely poor.

The playing surface is a key aspect of a football club and particularly for a footballing team like us. It should be far higher up the priority list in terms of investment.

Back