Ryan Kent so far in the spfl

That was a real nasty challenge on him yesterday.

Seems to have gone under the radar in most quarters.

Kent is a top player O.P

Yeah unsurprisingly eh? If Morelos did that, there would be an 8 page special pullout in the sun. Tom Boyd would be explaining how he could have killed someone, and Bill Leckie would be describing him as the single worst person of his generation.

Chris Sutton actualy tried to get him done for accidentally clipping Juliens heal without even looking at him. Yet we have barely heard a peep about it. Was it even discussed on sportscene?

Fantastic so far this season. The thuggery he was on the end of from the spoon burners yesterday was a disgrace. I counted at least four times they went through the back of him deliberately to "Leave one on him". The cretin that scored their first goal should've been off for his deliberate studs into Kent's Achilles tendon
Dead right. And our Ally thinks that's basically all right "because we have better players than them". What chance have we got when one of our own is saying that ? Motherwell next and you know damn fine what's going to happen.

He's been fantastic so far this season but with no protection from the cheats that referee us unfortunately he s going to be crocked very soon.

Also with their 3 CB's booked I would have liked him to have shown some "game smarts" and run directly at them a lot more as he terrifies defenders

When Kent is on form we do very well, two games when he was of the pace, Livingston and Hibs we have dropped points, we need other players to step up as he can’t do it all by himself.

Kent has been very good so far this season.
The hammer throwers will continue to clobber him though, and then he will be out injured for a spell.
if Kent has a injury then we struggle.

Fantastic so far this season. The thuggery he was on the end of from the spoon burners yesterday was a disgrace. I counted at least four times they went through the back of him deliberately to "Leave one on him". The cretin that scored their first goal should've been off for his deliberate studs into Kent's Achilles tendon

Seems to be a common theme to try leave the boot in on Kent’s Achilles and ankles.
It’s been happening since he first joined.
I’m actually amazed he hasn’t been badly injured due to this type of challenge.

Both Kent and Hagi are being targeted from the off in every match.

Just like Aribo was, causing him to miss how many matches?

You can't beat them by fair means so resort to fouling at every opportunity.

Totally agree that is the problem with hagi he's football brain is quicker than most others in the team
Certainly quicker than his legs!
We need to find the role that best suits his game. If that means relieving him of all but the most basic defensive duties then that's is what we should do.

I see Kent as a bellwether for us. His game needs movement and alertness from others for it to thrive. The better the team performs, the more impressive he looks.

He spent too much time outside the final third, like he did last season.
Yeh I don’t get his positioning a lot of the time. He gravitates to playing as a centre for spells, playing balls out to the full backs. He is most dangerous on the right where he can play a one two and get to the byline. That is where his assist came from.

Last edited:
Can you imagine we get alfie, kent hagi and aribo, all on form at the same time? Yes, i am drooling

Wasnt his best game.
We need him in the last third where he can cause maximum damage

I think part of our problem on Sunday was that the attacking trio, namely Morelos with Kent and Hagi on either side of him, was let down by virtue of Hagi not being an attacker, or for that matter a winger.

I really like the kid and think he’s been far better and cleverer than he’s getting credit for on here, but for me he needs to play in the hole behind that three or not at all.

Now, admittedly injuries prevented us playing our first choice eleven, but this makeshift approach, shoehorning players into a system that doesn’t necessarily get the best out of their talents, is what’s cost us the past couple of seasons, IMO.

Gerrard clearly wants us to adopt Liverpool’s approach where the front three are all interchangeable and all very much goalscorers.

This is why I think Roofe is a good signing in that he’s ostensibly a striker but can also play as a wide attacker. The important thing though is that his instinct is to get into positions to score goals. I don’t think Hagi has the same instinct so we suffer as an attacking force when he’s deployed wide and expected to perform that role.

Add to that Morelos not really putting himself about as he can do on Sunday and we began to lose our shape as an attacking force and that’s when Kent starts drifting around looking for the ball.

I like that he’s always looking to get on it and make something happen, but I agree that he and we are at our best when he’s focussed on hurting teams in the final third and trying to score goals.

Last edited:
I think part of our problem on Sunday was that the attacking trio, namely Morelos with Kent and Hagi on either side of him, was let down by virtue of Hagi not being an attacker, or for that matter a winger.
Hagi played much better than Kent on Sunday so it wasn't Hagi who let anyone down. And he doesn't play as a winger, Hagi and Kent play centrally behind Morelos.

Hagi played much better than Kent on Sunday so it wasn't Hagi who let anyone down. And he doesn't play as a winger, Hagi and Kent play centrally behind Morelos.

The point remains, it isn’t Hagi’s best position IMO and with Morelos less effective again Kent starts to wander.

Wasnt his best game.
We need him in the last third where he can cause maximum damage
He won the penalty, got a goal an an assist, tracked back and made interceptions Also looked threatening anytime we was on the ball what more do you want?

Back