Ryan Kent staying at Liverpool?

AyrshireBear79

Of all the recent debates about players this is the one that interests me the most. Voted young player of the year, arguably our best attacking outlet last season from wide/supporting positions, and with a real determination about him to get in about it & try to make things happen. But it’s exactly the ‘try to make things happen’ part that there is no getting away from.

If we were given the option of bringing him back, it would be difficult to say no. But without improving on his goals/assists there does definitely feel a debate to be had on whether we could find something better. And whether if he came back and contributed similar numbers, whether the new signings we have made could actually provide the same output (and so would be our own players we were improving/giving game time to).

Say it with no disrespect whatsoever to the lad, and appreciate massively his contribution last season. Just wonder whether we could or should look to try and pull something slightly better out the bag.. Also while bearing in mind it could be another 2 or 3 weeks before anything would be settled either way with him.

a_weir

Do we even need him that much? We’ve been pretty vocal about wanting him back but we’ve got Murphy and Jones so his position has already been taken by two good players
He's much better than those two and we should be looking to improve in every single position.

Are Murphy and Jones good enough, though? Probably.

Marstonbear

Of all the recent debates about players this is the one that interests me the most. Voted young player of the year, arguably our best attacking outlet last season from wide/supporting positions, and with a real determination about him to get in about it & try to make things happen. But it’s exactly the ‘try to make things happen’ part that there is no getting away from.

If we were given the option of bringing him back, it would be difficult to say no. But without improving on his goals/assists there does definitely feel a debate to be had on whether we could find something better. And whether if he came back and contributed similar numbers, whether the new signings we have made could actually provide the same output (and so would be our own players we were improving/giving game time to).

Say it with no disrespect whatsoever to the lad, and appreciate massively his contribution last season. Just wonder whether we could or should look to try and pull something slightly better out the bag.. Also while bearing in mind it could be another 2 or 3 weeks before anything would be settled either way with him.
Slightly better than Kent, Scotland’s young player of the year. Current market value say upwards of £5m. Who’s on your list please and have the DUP agreed to cough up again?

ICA_86

Kent had a lot of lacklustre loans before us. However we were lucky that he seemed to sort that out and seemingly hit the next level last season. Yeah it would be great to have him back but I'm not going to cry in my cornflakes if he doesn't, we have more than enough cover.
I’d agree, I love Kent but with the hype and praise he gets on here, I’m personally expecting more than 6 goals and 6 assists.

Grei9

If true it makes a loan to Rangers even more appealing for other fringe players at big clubs.

Come up here develop then into there parent clubs first team plans.

Hobjo

Jones and Murphy over Kent.

You OK mate?
If you put a gun to my head I’d have the pre-injury Murphy over Kent every time, as well as Kent did at times. It’s not a zero sum game, both would be lovely, but Kent flattered to deceive more than the collective Bear memory would have you beleive

Whether Murphy comes back that good, we’ll see.

DavieM

Was a wee snippet of Kent on the 1st day of Liverpool training video and he kind of gave the impression of a bit of an outsider to me.

Be amazed if they don't sell him this window whilst his standing is as high as it's ever been.

Big Buff

If you put a gun to my head I’d have the pre-injury Murphy over Kent every time, as well as Kent did at times. It’s not a zero sum game, both would be lovely, but Kent flattered to deceive more than the collective Bear memory would have you beleive

Whether Murphy comes back that good, we’ll see.
ACL reconstructions generally don't affect the short or long-term performance of a player these days. The surgery has come a long way in recent years.

Valley Bluenose

Revisionist nonsense. Some seem to think this guy was some sort of superstar before his injury. He was decent but lacked pace in reality.
Murphy's game isn't about pace though. Davie Cooper's game wasn't all about pace (I'm not comparing Coops and Murphy by the way, just pointing out there can be differing styles). Murphy isn't as dynamic a player as Kent but, on what we've seen at Ibrox, he is more productive - if he can regain his form. Kent will, undoubtedly, surpass him if he continues to develop though.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
An ITK poster on here said ages wgo he would be added to squad or sold to help with FFP....it's not a huge shock.

AyrshireBear79

Slightly better than Kent, Scotland’s young player of the year. Current market value say upwards of £5m. Who’s on your list please and have the DUP agreed to cough up again?
I have absolutely no idea mate.. We have people employed though whose job it is to go out and try and identify these guys and find out if there’s a deal to be done. Can we find him, do/would we have the finances for it.. who knows.

Although if the finances aren’t there, but we could find said upgrade, I’m sure Arlene would sort it out.;)

Ter

Can't see him being involved in the first team when the season properly begins. Liverpool will probably be in the market for another forward player and they've also got Wilson, Woodburn, Origi, Jones and Brewster in forward positions who are all on the fringes of the first team.

Laudrup11Cooper

He may have decided for now that he wants him.
But when he actually compares his champions league squad …when he gets his front three back and this is no disrespect to Kent… he will hopefully put him out on loan again.And we would be one of the most obvious candidates.

wee bud's pit boots

If he doesn't come back to us, then fair enough.

I liked him but never got the star billing on here and didn't really go for me.

I don't think he'll make it at Liverpool.

But we wish him well.

RFC4ME

The only way I can see them keeping him is if they were to convert him into a LB.

I can sort of see how that could work for them given their style of play.

Rangers daft

Do we even need him that much? We’ve been pretty vocal about wanting him back but we’ve got Murphy and Jones so his position has already been taken by two good players
Don't personally think either player should be a first pick if we are serious about winning the league, would rather see hastie than Murphy in all honesty. Feel its the area we are the weakest in and need strengthened before the season starts

KGR98

If we are to get him it will be one of our last if not last incoming of the window probably August especially if Liverpool want to have a look at him on their tour

sk1n1873

A load of Balony!
If Liverpool wanted any player as a "backup" I'm pretty certain they'd have kept Ojo.
So file report under Keich

Arkanoid

Klopp isn't daft, a few games in the league cup ties and at best a few minutes cameos here and there OR 50,000 every other week, similar demands AND European football

5*RFC

A bit shit if true. You'd think Liverpool would be more willing to help one of their club legends out but it's a money grabbing world we live in.

Arkanoid

Liverpool v Tranmere tonight on Liverpool TV, give us a tiny bit of insight but bear in mind their forwards have all been on Copa America duty or Africa Nations so won't feature

Barbarossa

He’s got 0 chance of featuring in Liverpool’s first team.

He wasn’t very consistent for Rangers in the SPFL - performances v the Mhanks elevated him.

*id still love to have him back

YoungGer97

A bit shit if true. You'd think Liverpool would be more willing to help one of their club legends out but it's a money grabbing world we live in.
Mate football isnt charity. Liverpool dont owe us anything, they're looking after themselves first. Kent is their player not ours. FWIW i do think he'll be back, this article tells us nothing we dont already know. If it happens it wont be until at least after their pre season tour though.

5*RFC

Mate football isnt charity. Liverpool dont owe us anything, they're looking after themselves first. Kent is their player not ours. FWIW i do think he'll be back, this article tells us nothing we dont already know. If it happens it wont be until at least after their pre season tour though.
Oh I totally get he's their asset and we have nothing to do with that.

However, the boss has made it clear he would like him back. A legend for that club who dedicated his life to them and gave his all on the pitch and stayed loyal during his prime years. I just thought that would count for something here but it's a cut throat business. Fųck em!