Ryan Kent staying at Liverpool?

My understanding is that he's turned down the bid as they need Kent for pre-season at the very least.

Salah not long back from ACoN, Mane still in the competition, Shaqiri injured and Firming not long done at Copa America. Their attack is threadbare for pre-season at the moment.

Good chance that he will be sold or leave on loan but will be much later in the window.

He could end up staying as back up though it's not impossible. Just not decided.

Already been posted. The story only really talks about his being retained by Liverpool for their US tour and, perhaps, early season matches due to Salah, Firmino and Mane having been away on international duty and joining the squad late. If they keep anyone as 'back up' beyond that it will be Wilson.

Its not really anything new. Nice sensationalist headline though.

This is a nothing story, we knew this already that it will be later in window if we are going to get him back.

Theres no chance the champions league winners go into the new season relying on Ryan Kent as a back up front 3 player. They will dip into the market for someone like Nicholas Pepe.

My understanding is that he's turned down the bid as they need Kent for pre-season at the very least.

Salah not long back from ACoN, Mane still in the competition, Shaqiri injured and Firming not long done at Copa America. Their attack is threadbare for pre-season at the moment.

Good chance that he will be sold or leave on loan but will be much later in the window.

He could end up staying as back up though it's not impossible. Just not decided.
This is what I gathered from listening to H&H but this journo seems to think he's wanted as back up this season.

If you read the article in detail, he's basically holding onto Kent for pre-season while Mane, Salah and Firminho are away.

He'll be a Rangers player come the start of the season, sensationalist pish from the Mirror.
Hope so mate!

If Liverpool think he's good enough for their squad them good luck to him. That is clearly what the young guy wants.

If he doesn't make their squad them he'll either be sold or coming to us.

We just need to wait till EPL teams announce their squads in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Kent had a lot of lacklustre loans before us. However we were lucky that he seemed to sort that out and seemingly hit the next level last season. Yeah it would be great to have him back but I'm not going to cry in my cornflakes if he doesn't, we have more than enough cover.

Its just a reworded version of what we know

Liverpool are short in attacking players due to International tournaments. So players like Kent will be going to make the numbers up in pre season.

Once Liverpool are back to a full compliment then Kent is nowhere near the squad and he’ll be back here

File under shite. They've seen that he's required for the trip to America and such and thought he's going to be a back up for the rest of the season. Ferminho, Mane and Salah haven't returned for preseason yet and won't for some time, therefore Kent will be required to participate in those games. Getting a preseason in and playing games with Liverpool first team players can't hurt him.

I don't think he's good enough for Liverpool Imo they have just won the champions League they will be pushing for the title and will splash some cash.

I would love Kent for another season and I think he will be back once Liverpool are sorted they have started later than us so let's no panic

Do we even need him that much? We’ve been pretty vocal about wanting him back but we’ve got Murphy and Jones so his position has already been taken by two good players

No, you need to read the post you made and rethink it...no scrap that delete the post and go for a long lie down.

I don’t think he’d be that big of a loss to us.

He wasn’t this freescoring winger that we’re going to miss.

He was a good player, that was it. His numbers weren’t great either.

If he doesn’t come back we can still play a front three of Arfield, Morelos/Defoe, Ojo.

Kent is a big game player. To suggest Murphy, even pre-injury, could strike fear into the tims every time he gets the ball is frankly ludicrous no matter what a small sample of stats show.

I don’t think he’d be that big of a loss to us.

He wasn’t this freescoring winger that we’re going to miss.

He was a good player, that was it. His numbers weren’t great either.

If he doesn’t come back we can still play a front three of Arfield, Morelos/Defoe, Ojo.
Off the back of 45 mins including THAT goal his stock on here went through the roof. Had lots of very average matches prior to that where he didn't weigh in with goals. Good backup for Rangers though ;-)

Can’t delete posts mate sorry. Just my opinion, as he was never really involved in that many goals and, when he fully recovers from injury, Murphy will be just as good

I think you are deluded. Kent was in our top three players last season, Murphy wasn’t anywhere near the same level even before he got seriously injured.

Of all the recent debates about players this is the one that interests me the most. Voted young player of the year, arguably our best attacking outlet last season from wide/supporting positions, and with a real determination about him to get in about it & try to make things happen. But it’s exactly the ‘try to make things happen’ part that there is no getting away from.

If we were given the option of bringing him back, it would be difficult to say no. But without improving on his goals/assists there does definitely feel a debate to be had on whether we could find something better. And whether if he came back and contributed similar numbers, whether the new signings we have made could actually provide the same output (and so would be our own players we were improving/giving game time to).

Say it with no disrespect whatsoever to the lad, and appreciate massively his contribution last season. Just wonder whether we could or should look to try and pull something slightly better out the bag.. Also while bearing in mind it could be another 2 or 3 weeks before anything would be settled either way with him.

Do we even need him that much? We’ve been pretty vocal about wanting him back but we’ve got Murphy and Jones so his position has already been taken by two good players

He's much better than those two and we should be looking to improve in every single position.

Are Murphy and Jones good enough, though? Probably.

Of all the recent debates about players this is the one that interests me the most. Voted young player of the year, arguably our best attacking outlet last season from wide/supporting positions, and with a real determination about him to get in about it & try to make things happen. But it’s exactly the ‘try to make things happen’ part that there is no getting away from.

If we were given the option of bringing him back, it would be difficult to say no. But without improving on his goals/assists there does definitely feel a debate to be had on whether we could find something better. And whether if he came back and contributed similar numbers, whether the new signings we have made could actually provide the same output (and so would be our own players we were improving/giving game time to).

Say it with no disrespect whatsoever to the lad, and appreciate massively his contribution last season. Just wonder whether we could or should look to try and pull something slightly better out the bag.. Also while bearing in mind it could be another 2 or 3 weeks before anything would be settled either way with him.
Slightly better than Kent, Scotland’s young player of the year. Current market value say upwards of £5m. Who’s on your list please and have the DUP agreed to cough up again?

Kent had a lot of lacklustre loans before us. However we were lucky that he seemed to sort that out and seemingly hit the next level last season. Yeah it would be great to have him back but I'm not going to cry in my cornflakes if he doesn't, we have more than enough cover.

I’d agree, I love Kent but with the hype and praise he gets on here, I’m personally expecting more than 6 goals and 6 assists.

If true it makes a loan to Rangers even more appealing for other fringe players at big clubs.

Come up here develop then into there parent clubs first team plans.

Jones and Murphy over Kent.

You OK mate?
If you put a gun to my head I’d have the pre-injury Murphy over Kent every time, as well as Kent did at times. It’s not a zero sum game, both would be lovely, but Kent flattered to deceive more than the collective Bear memory would have you beleive

Whether Murphy comes back that good, we’ll see.

Was a wee snippet of Kent on the 1st day of Liverpool training video and he kind of gave the impression of a bit of an outsider to me.

Be amazed if they don't sell him this window whilst his standing is as high as it's ever been.

Back