Ryan Kent staying at Liverpool?

If you put a gun to my head I’d have the pre-injury Murphy over Kent every time, as well as Kent did at times. It’s not a zero sum game, both would be lovely, but Kent flattered to deceive more than the collective Bear memory would have you beleive

Whether Murphy comes back that good, we’ll see.
ACL reconstructions generally don't affect the short or long-term performance of a player these days. The surgery has come a long way in recent years.

Revisionist nonsense. Some seem to think this guy was some sort of superstar before his injury. He was decent but lacked pace in reality.

Murphy's game isn't about pace though. Davie Cooper's game wasn't all about pace (I'm not comparing Coops and Murphy by the way, just pointing out there can be differing styles). Murphy isn't as dynamic a player as Kent but, on what we've seen at Ibrox, he is more productive - if he can regain his form. Kent will, undoubtedly, surpass him if he continues to develop though.

An ITK poster on here said ages wgo he would be added to squad or sold to help with FFP....it's not a huge shock.

Slightly better than Kent, Scotland’s young player of the year. Current market value say upwards of £5m. Who’s on your list please and have the DUP agreed to cough up again?

I have absolutely no idea mate.. We have people employed though whose job it is to go out and try and identify these guys and find out if there’s a deal to be done. Can we find him, do/would we have the finances for it.. who knows.

Although if the finances aren’t there, but we could find said upgrade, I’m sure Arlene would sort it out.;)

Can't see him being involved in the first team when the season properly begins. Liverpool will probably be in the market for another forward player and they've also got Wilson, Woodburn, Origi, Jones and Brewster in forward positions who are all on the fringes of the first team.

He may have decided for now that he wants him.
But when he actually compares his champions league squad …when he gets his front three back and this is no disrespect to Kent… he will hopefully put him out on loan again.And we would be one of the most obvious candidates.

If he doesn't come back to us, then fair enough.

I liked him but never got the star billing on here and didn't really go for me.

I don't think he'll make it at Liverpool.

But we wish him well.

The only way I can see them keeping him is if they were to convert him into a LB.

I can sort of see how that could work for them given their style of play.

Do we even need him that much? We’ve been pretty vocal about wanting him back but we’ve got Murphy and Jones so his position has already been taken by two good players
Don't personally think either player should be a first pick if we are serious about winning the league, would rather see hastie than Murphy in all honesty. Feel its the area we are the weakest in and need strengthened before the season starts

If we are to get him it will be one of our last if not last incoming of the window probably August especially if Liverpool want to have a look at him on their tour

A load of Balony!
If Liverpool wanted any player as a "backup" I'm pretty certain they'd have kept Ojo.
So file report under Keich

Klopp isn't daft, a few games in the league cup ties and at best a few minutes cameos here and there OR 50,000 every other week, similar demands AND European football

A bit shit if true. You'd think Liverpool would be more willing to help one of their club legends out but it's a money grabbing world we live in.

Liverpool v Tranmere tonight on Liverpool TV, give us a tiny bit of insight but bear in mind their forwards have all been on Copa America duty or Africa Nations so won't feature

He’s got 0 chance of featuring in Liverpool’s first team.

He wasn’t very consistent for Rangers in the SPFL - performances v the Mhanks elevated him.

*id still love to have him back

A bit shit if true. You'd think Liverpool would be more willing to help one of their club legends out but it's a money grabbing world we live in.

Mate football isnt charity. Liverpool dont owe us anything, they're looking after themselves first. Kent is their player not ours. FWIW i do think he'll be back, this article tells us nothing we dont already know. If it happens it wont be until at least after their pre season tour though.

Mate football isnt charity. Liverpool dont owe us anything, they're looking after themselves first. Kent is their player not ours. FWIW i do think he'll be back, this article tells us nothing we dont already know. If it happens it wont be until at least after their pre season tour though.

Oh I totally get he's their asset and we have nothing to do with that.

However, the boss has made it clear he would like him back. A legend for that club who dedicated his life to them and gave his all on the pitch and stayed loyal during his prime years. I just thought that would count for something here but it's a cut throat business. Fųck em!

Not that we can trust any of these shite papers. The Scotsman transfer talk are saying:

6. Rangers reach verbal agreement with Kent

Rangers have 'reached a verbal agreement' with Ryan Kent, should Liverpool decide to loan him out again this summer

There are all sorts of considerations for Jurgen Klopp based on info that we have no way of knowing i.e sales, incomings, loans in/out, etc. He won't be near the 1st team but may be seen as a useful squad player. All we can do is hope for the best that Kent will be up the road again for 55!

He's starting for Liverpool away to Tranmere tonight. In a front three of:

Kent - Brewster - Wilson

There is no chance Kent will be at Liverpool when their season starts. He will be sold or be on loan to us. They are keeping him there for a few more weeks until their full squad come back from their summer break etc.

Kent is a decent player , but I just dont see the superstar that some on here portray him as , if he came back he would be blocking the route to the first team for the likes of McPake , I also believe that Jones will prove a lot of doubters wrong this season.

Sorry if posted already but read this in the Guardian earlier:

For Brewster Prenton Park represented the start of what Klopp hopes will prove a breakthrough season for him. England’s Golden Boot winner from the under-17s World Cup triumph in 2017 missed a year’s development with knee and ankle ligament problems but is an established part of the manager’s plans for the new campaign. The teenage striker was flanked by Ryan Kent and Harry Wilson, both of whom are expected to leave Anfield again this summer, and the three linked well in a surprisingly sharp display from Liverpool. Surprising in the sense they only resumed training on Saturday.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-liverpool-tranmere-pre-season-friendly-six

If he makes the Liverpool first team squad this season the best of luck to him. I heard a guy on Rangers Radio say he held his own in today's friendly against Tramere

He’s off no value to Liverpool sitting in the stands thats for sure.

At the minute I would say he’s behind Salah, Mane, Firmino, Origi, Shaqiri, Wilson and now Brewster. You also have to consider that Liverpool will strengthen and rumours continue about Coutinho.

He did do well tonight but as I said I now think Brewster is ahead.

I firmly expect him back at Ibrox unless someone makes a concrete bid for him and I don’t see anyone matching his rumoured £12 million valuation. Would be good to have him available for Kilmarnock away.

Back