Ryan Kent - time for bench

Been saying it for weeks.

offering nothing. Needs a spell on the bench to make him realise if you don’t turn up then you’ll be dropped

we have done it in other places on the park so no reason why we can’t do it there. Shouldn’t matter the price tag

Not sure what’s happened to him but I agree. He has been pretty poor lately. Hopefully back to his best soon.

For £7 million he should be delivering every week.

I'm a big fan of Kent but his form has been extremely poor for a while and it's concerning.

Braga play with a back 3 , their formation is made for a confident left sided attacker , Kamberi or Jones

Kent is not confident and can’t take on a man

but i bet he starts and either Arfield or hagi miss out... crazy if it’s Arfield due to his goals

reason I’m saying is I think SG goes with Davis Kamara jack as mid 3 on thurs

A player on the bench must look at Kent and smell blood.

Kamberi, Jones, (Stewart out left?). He is off form, and these guys must be bursting a bollock to take his place.

Braga play with a back 3 , their formation is made for a confident left sided attacker , Kamberi or Jones

but i bet he starts and either Arfield or hagi miss out... crazy if it’s Arfield due to his goals

It will be the tried and tested on Thursday they will likely be recalls for Kamara and Aribo with the latter taking Hagi's place.

Gerrard is too afraid to do this and admit his £7m gamble has failed. He’ll stay in the team and continue to cost us.

Still can’t believe we paid £7m for him
£3-4m at the absolute most in this league

Looks like he’s can’t handle the expectation when the chips are down

If he starts, you can see him having a blinder against Braga knowing how things are going

Not even a full season after the transfer and it's already a failure?

FFS.
I didn’t know the rule was that you had to have a full season before passing judgement? Besides, he was here LAST season as well (in case you’d forgotten) and was generally pretty poor aside from his purple patch from March-May. So yes, so far he’s a failure.

First 20 mins was so bad if he had been hooked , he would have. No complaints.

He should be embarrassed with himself. Hooked early doors against Livingston and after a string of rotten games.

Not even nearly good enough, he better get his act together and fast.

I didn’t know the rule was that you had to have a full season before passing judgement? Besides, he was here LAST season as well (in case you’d forgotten) and was generally pretty poor aside from his purple patch from March-May. So yes, so far he’s a failure.
You can have whatever opinion you like, but throwing away a promising player on the back of a poor run of form is insane, especially when he's been at the club such a short time. As for last season, was one of our best midfielders.

What, you mean put him in the U-21's?

That would be terrible man management.

No. If that’s what I meant then I’d have said it.

We have senior players who don’t make the squad every week. Kent should be one of them for the next few weeks.

In all honesty, he’s not playing well enough to get into the under 21 team right now.

Alfie looks like he needs minutes to get up to speed. He was getting stronger as the game went on.
Kent looks tired and could do with a rest after Thursday.
He can win a game like Thursday’s and the sort of stage he will turn up on.

Yes , game changed when Kamberi replaces him today.
Kent has lost confidence, and cannot keep control of the ball. Runs at defenders and cannot pass them. Cannot dribble or cross a ball. Kamberi showed hunger and wanted the ball. Made several good runs and good interplay. Kent needs dropped.

The thing that gets me is yes Kent is off form and has been for a while but no one else in the team is stepping up and taking the creative aspect on. It seems with Rangers that either the whole team plays well and everyone is firing or the 9 out of the 11 contribute nothing which is we we struggle.

For £7 million he should be delivering every week.

I'm a big fan of Kent but his form has been extremely poor for a while and it's concerning.

Really?

Like I said on the match thread....did Kent deliver every week last season? No

Did he even deliver MOST weeks last season? No.

We decided to invest £7 million based on a handful of absolutely sensational performances and many more largely annonymous ones.

What we've had from Kent this season is more of the same.

Not sure why we're surprised by that.

Gerrard is too afraid to do this and admit his £7m gamble has failed. He’ll stay in the team and continue to cost us.

matw he has been good really good in some games totally off form deserves to be dropped to the bench for a few matches might be the kick up the arse ye needs

Really rated Ryan last year, especially against THEM!, for me the reason we paid the big money (for us)is that we felt he COULD be the game changer,on a regular basis, hasn't worked out that way thus far, i.m.o

Really?

Like I said on the match thread....did Kent deliver every week last season? No

Did he even deliver MOST weeks last season? No.

We decided to invest £7 million based on a handful of absolutely sensational performances and many more largely annonymous ones.

What we've had from Kent this season is more of the same.

Not sure why we're surprised by that.
£7m for Kent or 9m for Edouard, you decide

Jack has not impressed me much lately.

Eventually the full outlay will be that figure plus add on last seasons hefty loan fee.

Again the total fee will not be £7 million.

ITK posters on here will confirm this is true.

Similar to barisics and katics fees being over inflated my the scottish MSM.

Back