Ryan Kent to be offered new Rangers contract as champions look to fend off Leeds United interest

If Tierney is worth £27 million, that is the STARTING price for Ryan Kent.

£10 million bid for Kent when people are willing to pay that for Frimpong, FFS.
This.

All we got a year ago was that we couldn't put those prices on our players as they hadn't won anything.

They have now, and competed a million times better than Tierney ever did in Europe.

That said, I trust those in charge to get the very best deal when we do sell.

Personally hope we can get Kent to stay long term but if he us to move we should be demanding a fee to reflect the fact he is the best player in the country

Now that he's mentioned and rightly so, I do remember some of our FF expert tacticians were saying liverpool conned us out of 7 mill.

This has now reminded me, that the lad simpson could indeed be a player for us. Will people never learn, especially in the era of immediate proof being introduced.

All I'm saying, is thank f**k there was no FF forum on the go during gary Steven's and mark hatelys first season. Safer to lie in bed with a hangover reading the fanzine, before heading out for a sunday session.

Ryan Kent has gone from a promising player who perhaps didn’t contribute enough of the tangible qualities of the game, to someone who now effects football matches regularly.

He has grown, developed and I think his next step now is to continue the path of taking on that responsibility to come up with big moments regularly throughout the season.

If anyone is to prize him away, it would have to take serious money and a proper challenge.

Leeds United, is not what I would call a proper challenge. Indeed if I am Ryan Kent, I’m laughing off anyone outside the top 4 in England (Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea).

What are you actually going to get from a career at Arsenal, Leeds or similar middle of the road clubs?
Very wealthy

Another move to make you even wealthier when it goes wrong and you move on

He is a pro footballer mate, there to make money.

There is no player playing here that would agree to a £35m release clause without a huge wage increase.
In which case he'll be sold in the summer. We can't pay that kind of money based on speculative valuations that might never happen. It'll be Kamara that gets sold first anyhow after the Euros.

10 million is laughable. The thing is, our old Murray/Bain regime would have bitten the hand of clubs off offering six million upwards.

It's as if the press know we won't sell that low now so are trying to put some sort of "slightly higher" price tag on our players but it's still about a third of what we should be starting to consider for our players.

Think of what Kent would cost to replace without some vigorous scouting... 3 million profit? As I say laughable.

In the current climate, we would need to be getting offers of 25-30 million before we even start talking to clubs IMO. That is with Kent in form.

He'd be immense at Leeds as most clubs down south offer space to play unlike the 9 behind the ball Rangers normally face in Scotland

£30 million or a new contract ? I'm happy with both outcomes

Ryan Kent ripped the scum apart on Sunday

Hope we get him to sign an extension and he helps us into CL group stages

If he does well in CL groups his value goes through the roof and he can choose from a few EPL clubs who will want him

I reckon he will be here next season and is then likely to move south summer of 2022. And that's fair enough.
I'm not so sure...

If we extend by 2 years and we win the league next season he is guaranteed CL group stage football in 2022/2023 and then we can sell in the summer of 2023 with 2 years left on his deal.

He shows up well at CL level your then talking 25 million.

I think Kent values being idolised at Rangers, winning trophies, playing in Europe etc on 30 grand a week than being at a mid table EPL club on 60k a week.

Media at weekend went on about his international ambitions and that being behind a move south. Realistically can he break into the England squad? Unlikely from up here

Media at weekend went on about his international ambitions and that being behind a move south. Realistically can he break into the England squad? Unlikely from up here
I would say its a hard ask even playing the in EPL.

Sterling, Foden,Rashford, Mount, Sancho, Bellingham, Maddison, Grealish, Greenwood are all players competing for his position.

This lad is key to our future success, he just continues to improve and dare I say he is the most improved player at Ibrox.

An absolute joy to watch.

The good thing is going by his interview he's in no rush to leave and seems to be enjoying his time here he's been punted on loan at various clubs with mixed success and now that we have given him the platform to settle we are reaping the rewards hopefully another 2-3 years here for him to come before he moves on

We need Sir Waistcoat to cap him.

If Ryan can do the biz in the CL it will undoubtedly help on that score, and if he can maintain his progress and consistency on the domestic front, then we will get serious dollar for him.

Vital we get our big players signed up on 3-4 year deals. At least then when the EPL clubs come sniffing we are in control of pricing etc.

I don't want to see any of our top players go, but I'd put Kent in the "must-stay unless we get silly money" category.

He's improved year upon year here, and this season he's started to produce game-winning moments regularly. The goal against Antwerp away is my goal of the season.

Plus he always shows up in Old Firm games, that alone is worth many millions to us.

I would say its a hard ask even playing the in EPL.

Sterling, Foden,Rashford, Mount, Sancho, Bellingham, Maddison, Grealish, Greenwood are all players competing for his position.
I thought that. No doubting his talent but can’t see him being an England regular

Tie him up for a crack at the group stages of the CL next season. After that, I'm resigned to losing him!

I kinda thought this.

Gerrard won't want to sell Kent unless it is to the club Gerrard is going to or at (in future).

We’ve discussed it before but it’s as well to mention that down in Liverpool the belief is that there’s a 20% sell-on. We need to factor that into any price if we opt to sell.

If these halfwits think they can get 10-15 million for anyone of Ajer, Googley eyes or monkey heed then Kent is worth double and that's being conservative

What would people realistically value our squad at?

In the English market Kent has to be worth upwards of £30m - maybe even £35m-£40m.

Barisic i'd be looking at £15m-£20m, and if he starts for Croatia and has a good Euros that could go up to £20m-£25m.

Kamara really depends on his contract. If he doesn't sign a new one I could see him going for £10m-£15m this summer, but with a longer contract and a decent Euros I think he's also in the £20m-£25m bracket.

Goldson is hard to judge. To make us sell you're probably looking at over £20m but not sure we'd get that (or that he'd go if we did). Tavernier is in a similar bracket.

Hagi is hard. I agree that in two/three years time he'll be in the £25m-£30m bracket at least, but for now it's probably £10m-£15m. I'd be holding on to him in any case.

Roofe and Morelos are also difficult. Given their positions it could be anything from £20m-£25m up to around £40m.

This would be utterly amazing if we can get this over the line

Hes brilliant and pretty much always available

I still think hes improving as well

Would hate to see Kent leave, he's the one player they absolutely fear. He has destroyed them on numerous occasions. Would need a crazy offer for us to sell him i think 25 million plus.

Playing for England will be an ambition of his I’m sure and he isn’t going to achieve that in Scottish football.

If that’s uppermost in his mind now then we should look to cash in.

However, firstly, I don’t think it is at this stage when there’s the chance to play in the Champions League with us next season, and secondly, I think there’s likely to be a gap between what we value him at in terms of his potential (upwards of £20m at this point) and what EPL clubs will be prepared to pay.

As devastating as he’s been on occasion this season, there’s also been big chunks of it when he wasn’t really performing as we know he can. That inconsistency isn’t going to be lost on potential suitors. There’s also the general tendency by clubs down south to undervalue our players (see the £10m bid from Leeds last summer) so I don’t see many if any being prepared to pay what we’d want right now.

If we qualify for the CL group stages and Kent shines, we’ll probably be able to pick our price for him after that.

If Kent isn't interested in signing a new deal this summer, then we will have to sadly move Kent on this summer (same with Glen and Alfie).

We can't go into a scenario were 2-3 of our highest value players have just 12 months left on their deal. If Kent, Kamara and Morelos finish next season with 12 months left on their deal we will be lucky to get £10-12 million for any of them. Look how much this has hurt the values of Édouard, Ajer and Christie at the tims. You can't demand £15-25 million when a player only has 12 months left on their deal.

From the reports it seems Morelos and Kent definitely want a crack at the champions league. So hopefully we can get even a one year extension on their deals (& kamara's)

We’ve discussed it before but it’s as well to mention that down in Liverpool the belief is that there’s a 20% sell-on. We need to factor that into any price if we opt to sell.

A 20% sell on wouldn’t surprise me. So eg. If we paid £7.5m for him and we sold him for £20m, thats £12.5m profit. 20% of that would go to Liverpool = £2.5m and we would net £10m profit.

£10m to the club is not bad at all, but once you consider Kent’s wages and the coaching we have done to develop him, I think the club are probably looking to make a bigger margin to make the initial £7.5m investment worthwhile.

If the reports claiming Leeds are planning a £15m bid in the summer are true, it suggests that bid will still be well short of what the club are wanting.

i think hes a better player than Jadon Sancho and hes being quoted in monopoly money i know Sancho plays in a better league and has CL experience but £ for £ Kents every bit as good ..imo

Ryan Kent has gone from a promising player who perhaps didn’t contribute enough of the tangible qualities of the game, to someone who now effects football matches regularly.

He has grown, developed and I think his next step now is to continue the path of taking on that responsibility to come up with big moments regularly throughout the season.

If anyone is to prize him away, it would have to take serious money and a proper challenge.

Leeds United, is not what I would call a proper challenge. Indeed if I am Ryan Kent, I’m laughing off anyone outside the top 4 in England (Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea).

What are you actually going to get from a career at Arsenal, Leeds or similar middle of the road clubs?

4 or 5x the wages. That’s the carrot always unfortunately. However I feel he will stay for a while yet.

We have to start using the likes of biscuit hips price as a benchmark, or be known as a club who sells cheaply.

Being honest, BH is an excellent player in an attacking wingback position. However, no way players in that position should be worth more than the best attacking wingers or inside forwards. These players score goals and open up defences. They’ll always be worth more than a wing back / full back.

So, on that basis, you’ve got to think that £35m to £40m is the realistic pricing for somebody like Kent, especially if he is able to perform in the CL next season. His contract should reflect that expected sale price.

Back