Ryan Kent

Kent and Tav both suffer from when things go badly they want more tries, than just take a step back. Cost us a lot of opportunities today trying things neither had the form them to try

Then you're wrong.
No he's not

I can't stand so called supporters who just want to rip the pish out of our players. There's guys sit round me in the SJ who offer no encouragement ever. They LOVE it when the player they hate makes a mistake so they can scream more abuse and say they were right. It's embarrassing.

Why is it mind boggling though? He’s wracked up a fair few poor showings. They weren’t all forgotten about the minute he had a good game at Pittodrie last week.
It's mind boggling because he gets it worse than any other player on here, he was a world beater at the start of the season mind..

It's mind boggling because he gets it worse than any other player on here, he was a world beater at the start of the season mind..

He really doesn’t though, Morelos has had it far worse. Even then guys like Hagi have had it too but the difference is if he plays poorly he is often dropped whereas Kent seems to have a guaranteed starting spot regardless of form.

Ryan is at his best when he plays by instinct, few touches, quick darts then shots. He is actually trying too hard and needs to relax. His “two little flicks” in and around the box last week produced two goal assists. Likewise, his run and pullback for Arfield’s winner against Liege is him at his best. I want to see him do the simple things rather than being complicated.

Kents a quality player who we will double out money on imo.

Right now he needs taken out the team for 3/4 games for a wee rest and hopefully his form comes back imo.

We have options to replace him lets use them.

I would be tempted to move Joe Aribo back into the role as one of the number 10s as the role he is playing just now doesnt seem to be working.

I can’t agree with that at all.
Especially the bit where he’s shunning responsibility.
I’d go as far as to say it’s almost the opposite.

Im sure you’ll be able to point out the vital goals and assists he’s given us in the past 3 years. And I’m also sure you’ll have multiple examples of him taking the game by the scruff of the neck and dominating in the same time frame.

You know, like someone who ACTUALLY takes responsibility, does.

Im sure you’ll be able to point out the vital goals and assists he’s given us in the past 3 years. And I’m also sure you’ll have multiple examples of him taking the game by the scruff of the neck and dominating in the same time frame.

If you need someone to point out the vital goals and assists Kent has provided over the last few years then you clearly don’t watch us very often.

So point them out for me then?

Watch our games more often would be my advice. Loads of highlights on YouTube. Start with Liege at home and Aberdeen away last week to get you started.

We’ve got an official YouTube channel, you’ll even get to know who some of our players are.

Where do you play these wingers?

Do our fans not listen to the management team? We don’t play with wingers surely fans know this by now??
I’ve allready said Kent needs a challenge for his jersey so 1 of them replaces barker and the other jones it’s competition for places where the guys on the periphery maybe contribute more than guys like barker jones stewart currently are.
And by wingers I mean players who can beat a man in wider areas put crosses in and also score a few goals , maybe im just old fashioned and still refer to them by that term.

No he's not

I can't stand so called supporters who just want to rip the pish out of our players. There's guys sit round me in the SJ who offer no encouragement ever. They LOVE it when the player they hate makes a mistake so they can scream more abuse and say they were right. It's embarrassing.
I don't hate any Rangers player.
I rate some more than others, much like every other supporter and I never barrack a Rangers player at a game.
I simply don't rate Ryan Kent very highly. I get that I'm in a minority. What would you have me do? Ignore the evidence of my own eyes, ignore the evidence of past performance?
Maybe I could just join in with the fanboys, just to be part of the gang? Tell you what, that ain't ever gonna happen. I'll call it as I see it, if that's alright with you.

As simple as that.
Stats are only part of the game.
I’m sure you can explain, with your extensive knowledge and experience, why Gerrard, probably after discussion with Beale, McAlister, Culshaw and others, continues to select this poor contributor.
Maybe he’s trying to sabotage his career.

Watch our games more often would be my advice. Loads of highlights on YouTube. Start with Liege at home and Aberdeen away last week to get you started.

We’ve got an official YouTube channel, you’ll even get to know who some of our players are.

So Kent has been a Rangers player for 3 years and that’s all you can come up with?

I like Kent but I also think he could do a lot more for the ability that he has.

He has around 20 goals and 25 assists in 125 games. That’s not good enough for someone who’s our second most expensive signing ever.

I looked back over the past two seasons and Kent has scored the winning goal twice (I think) in 70ish games (Braga away, Aberdeen away this season). I don’t understand how anyone can argue that’s good enough.

As simple as that.
Stats are only part of the game.
I’m sure you can explain, with your extensive knowledge and experience, why Gerrard, probably after discussion with Beale, McAlister, Culshaw and others, continues to select this poor contributor.
Maybe he’s trying to sabotage his career.

Well the management team picked Joe Worrall for a full season.

Im not against Ryan Kent. I think he has talent, I just don’t think he’s performing to his talent level.

The idea the management team are always right so that’s why Ryan Kent starts is bizarre. It’s taken then 3 years to win any trophies (which I can accept). So let’s not pretend they are prefect.

So Kent has been a Rangers player for 3 years and that’s all you can come up with?

I like Kent but I also think he could do a lot more for the ability that he has.

He has around 20 goals and 25 assists in 125 games. That’s not good enough for someone who’s our second most expensive signing ever.

I looked back over the past two seasons and Kent has scored the winning goal twice (I think) in 70ish games (Braga away, Aberdeen away this season). I don’t understand how anyone can argue that’s good enough.

You’re first post asked to show you all these vitals goals and assist he’s given us, I suggested a few to “get you started” and you even added to that list.

You’re having a mare here pal.

You’re first post asked to show you all these vitals goals and assist he’s given us, I suggested a few to “get you started” and you even added to that list.

You’re having a mare here pal.
I’m not in any way having a mare.

Ive asked you to provide me with vital goals and assists Kent has given us. You pretty much couldn’t.

Well the management team picked Joe Worrall for a full season.

Im not against Ryan Kent. I think he has talent, I just don’t think he’s performing to his talent level.

The idea the management team are always right so that’s why Ryan Kent starts is bizarre. It’s taken then 3 years to win any trophies (which I can accept). So let’s not pretend they are prefect.
You accept that we haven’t won trophies, are you still blaming the management though?
With the selection of Kent high in the list of errors?
On the Joe Worrall one, I’m sure read he’s in line for an eight figure transfer.

You accept that we haven’t won trophies, are you still blaming the management though?
With the selection of Kent high in the list of errors?
On the Joe Worrall one, I’m sure read he’s in line for an eight figure transfer.

I’m not “blaming” the management team for anything.

Im pointing out that they’ve made mistakes in the past 2 years (which I’m sure they’d admit).

I think trying to play Ryan Kent through this terrible couple of months is a mistake.

Joe Worrall might be in line for that transfer but you and I both know he’s not worth the money that’s being speculated.

His “numbers” are pretty poor for our most expensive and supposedly most creative player.

You have quoted 3 “assists” and no goals in a ten game period since Liège at home, where we have scored 22 goals.

People are going on about his “assists” let’s be honest even the 2 he is credited with last week, he never actually beat a man or created anything he gets an assist by courtesy of the last person to touch the ball before the goal scorer.

The first Tav done all the work on the wing beating and committing men before playing in an unmarked Kent who played a simple pass to Morelos who with his back to goal swivelled creating and scoring a goal from nothing.

The second Aribo done all the work beating and committing men before squaring it, Kent cushioned it however it was going to Morelos had he touched it or not.

Typical winger. Hot and cold form.

Brilliant last week and today when he dribbled it out the pitch for a by kick summed up his performance.

I’m not “blaming” the management team for anything.

Im pointing out that they’ve made mistakes in the past 2 years (which I’m sure they’d admit).

I think trying to play Ryan Kent through this terrible couple of months is a mistake.

Joe Worrall might be in line for that transfer but you and I both know he’s not worth the money that’s being speculated.
It’s not the transfer value that’s the point, despite it being I who mentioned it.
It’s that it’s thought that he’s capable of playing in the EPL.
Maybe it’s us who got that one wrong.
Maybe that’s because many thought Katic the better player.
On the Kent one, he won’t get through a rough patch on the bench.
Unless there is a better option, personally or tactically, he’ll have to do this on the pitch.

We don’t have enough pace to drop Kent, and there’s nobody else that fits the system we play.

You could always go two up front with Hagi behind, but it would be a shame to see Itten wasted in Kent’s position or out wide on the opposite side.

If Kents name was barker he would not have had the mins he got. It really is that simple.

However I fully expect once the transfer window closes, we will see Kent back to his best.

F*ck stats. The eyes don't lie. Kent needs to do more just now. He knows, Gerrard knows it, we all know it.
You can tell he knows he's playing poor right now. Every time he does something wrong it's written all over his face & he's feeling a bit sorry for himself. He'll come good, but he needs to do it soon.

Should start Barker in the next game ahead of him. See what Barker can bring and hopefully reminds Kent that he’s not undroppable.

Think here lies the problem. Competition. And good competition at that.

If Jack and Arfield were available. Dont think Kamara and Aribo would put in shit performances too.

Kent will start simply due to the fact we have never signed any cover for him, at a level of player that should challange him.

Kent has the exact same number of combined G/A as Roofe has this season and the only player that has produced more than him is Tav.

He hasn't been at his best enough this season, but he's been nowhere near as bad as some people are making out.

Should start Barker in the next game ahead of him. See what Barker can bring and hopefully reminds Kent that he’s not undroppable.

I'd personally like to see a front three of Hagi-Itten-Morelos at the weekend. It lacks a bit of pace, but I can't see Ross County coming out much, so I have a feeling pace might be redundant anyway.

Itten gives us a different, better option if we're going to be punting crosses in, and if Hagi is on his game he can unlock packed defences. And of course Morelos is Morelos.

I thought he was back to his best v Aberdeen but yesterday he was awful, like worse than a man down awful.

I do think the squad is needing a player that can challenge him for his position as Jones and Barker can't do it.

Back