Ryan Kent

We have a group of players who when they actually win something will kick on from there, Kent's one of them. The potential of Kent, and a few others, could really take off after this league campaign. Kent will get better.
Hopefully we can keep them for next year's Champions League campaign

Big game player without a doubt, if he performs like that in a Champions League season next year, then we could be in real trouble keeping a hold of him come Summer 22

2 weeks ago a good few on here wanted the wee man dropped, a few saying we should punt to the first buyer and take what we can get for him. Utter insanity.
The wee fella is class, whether it's coming off for him or not, he keeps going full tilt every minute he's on the park. His attitude is tremendous and his defensive work is relentless.
We're a much better team when Kent plays. He's showed his class in these 2 games and scored 2 brilliant goals. As said above, a bargain at 7M. I love him.

An absolutely top class player.

Worth every penny.

Agree 100% with that.

Personally, I rate Kent very highly. I think he has bags of ability, is a great athlete, and has a strong mentality.

The club were right to "push the boat out" for him in my opinion.

Would pay 6 million alone for that goal celebration at Sharkhead....still very much in their heads.
Seriously though I thought it was a lot to pay and big gamble however now worried for what the offers will be in the summer with the rumors of agent chasing 30k a week and I think he could start in most EPL teams.
As my boy stated last night if Pingpong went for 13 our kid must be in the 20's as a start...

The timing of the form he's showing is particularly welcome; perhaps less so if you're going to be his future opposition.

I think he’s one of the best I’ve ever seen at changing direction with the ball he can sprint then stop so fast.
Where are all those folk saying he shouldn’t be getting a game these days?

The bigger the game the better he is.

Reactions: TN8
What stood out for me last night was Kent’s work rate and movement. Never stopped pressing, never stopped looking to find space. He was right up for it and the Antwerp defence couldn’t cope with the trio of Kent, Morelos and Hagi. Between them their movement was unplayable. Joy to watch.

What stood out for me last night was Kent’s work rate and movement. Never stopped pressing, never stopped looking to find space. He was right up for it and the Antwerp defence couldn’t cope with the trio of Kent, Morelos and Hagi. Between them their movement was unplayable. Joy to watch.
Probably something that you don’t notice as much when not at the games now is how hard he works.

The likes of Kent and Alfie will be judged by other clubs on what they produce on the European stage. Any scout worth their salt will disregard games against utter shite who sit on their 18 yard line and are satisfied with stopping us from playing. Both are 20m+ players in my eyes.

I like his aggression, pace, work rate and appetite to take players on. He links very well with Morelos and can crack in a decent goal. I think he tries too hard at times and that can get into his head. I’m confident that the coaching team will help him become more consistent.

Lots of good good things said about Kent on this thread. I can't disagree with any of it.

Also remember, he gets kicked off the park just about every game.

He must be very strong.

From Oldham but you’d imagine he spent a fair amount of time in Liverpool being at them as a young boy

Kent has neither a Oldham or a Liverpool accent, it is really hard to place if anyone knows it?

Gerrard has a Liverpool accent, the proper Oldham accent can be heard at the video below, Kent has neither:

That’s what I’m saying it could be a mix

Yeah could be a mix actually.

Kent is 45th place in the FedEx Performance Zone rankings, when Heung-Min Son from Tottenham is 47th. Kent really is a top player.

very true but in all my years watching Rangers players playing in his position are notoriously inconsistent and i go back to late 60s laudrup probably being the exception
Totally agree. My hero growing up and without doubt one of the best players I’ve ever seen in the flesh was Davie Cooper but my god he could be frustratingly inconsistent. It comes with the territory with so called flair players.

Put it this way - like any winger he has a few off days, but when he lights up it is like watching perfection. Been a strange yr for him but the past few games he’s back to his terrifying best.

You can see how much our club means to him. He’s an absolute joy to watch against teams who come out against us and play actual football.

Right from the start Gerrard said Kent's tactical awareness on, and off, the ball was years ahead of his age group.

Even when things are not coming off for him he never stops pressing. Some of the interceptions he makes when the opposition have the ball are Jack or Davis like.

Yes, we all groan when he has off days and the flicks go astray. He also has days where you think how the hell do we replace him when he goes? Probably why after Alfie, they hate him the most.

Always frees up space for the rest of the team, regardless of his form. He is invaluable to us right now. It's all the better when he is on good form and delivering end product.

Kent has neither a Oldham or a Liverpool accent, it is really hard to place if anyone knows it?

Gerrard has a Liverpool accent, the proper Oldham accent can be heard at the video below, Kent has neither:

Aye but Kent's one of dem modern-day "Street Yoof" fellas innit bruv. They all seem to talk the same way these days.

Back