Ryan Kent

A guy in my work has a mate that supposedly works at Auchenhowie, I know, I know. Anyway his info is that Kent was willing to sign a new contract but not if GVB was manager.

Please note I'm only passing on what I heard and not saying this is gospel.
As much as i have criticised kent this year,if his problem was with Gio, then thats good news. if we could get him back in the mood he can be a game winner for us. Even get a good final 6 months out him, win both cups and he could go with our thanks.

A guy in my work has a mate that supposedly works at Auchenhowie, I know, I know. Anyway his info is that Kent was willing to sign a new contract but not if GVB was manager.

Please note I'm only passing on what I heard and not saying this is gospel.
Think about it though.
How would a guy that works in Auchehowie know this?

Reactions: WBD
I haven't read the full thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned before.
Seeing as it's almost exactly a year since Ryan Kent was told: “Keep it simple, tricks are for the circus,” I thought it might be pertinent at this time to revisit that quote.
In my opinion all RK's form issues can be traced back to that sleight by Roy McKaay. That might have been enough for him to spit the dummy I reckon.

Seeing as it's almost exactly a year since Ryan Kent was told: “Keep it simple, tricks are for the circus,” I thought it might be pertinent at this time to revisit that quote.
In my opinion all RK's form issues can be traced back to that sleight by Roy McKaay. That might have been enough for him to spit the dummy I reckon.
If that is the case then he needs to work on his mental strength. One comment should not cause this kind of dip.
Having said that, someone who fully believes in you can make you so much better, so hopefully we see the best of him in the coming months.

1 goal in 2022 but it's everyone else's fault.
Totally agree with you mate?

I have not missed a game this year!
So, I don't know what and when all this action took place,
Via kent that is mentioned in this thread?

I must have been asleep or some of the punters,
In this thread, we're wishing and dreaming???

As they say! It never happened on my watch?

If that is the case then he needs to work on his mental strength. One comment should not cause this kind of dip.
Having said that, someone who fully believes in you can make you so much better, so hopefully we see the best of him in the coming months.
Id like to think Beale would tell Kent to go and play fearlessly and hopefully we get the arrogance and swagger back with him.

Cutting out his main attacking threat/attribute can cause this kind of dip.

Mental strength. Jesus christ.

A professional footballer should not be that effected by one comment. Jesus christ.
What you even talking about.

His main threat is his trickery

He’s told not to do tricks

But his form dip is because someone said something about the circus or something.

Mental strength gies peace.

Ryan Kent has been poor in the final phase his whole time. ( shots, falling over, running into players) but Borna is a negative slow thinking full back so nothing happens quickly for Kent ever as Borna looks backwards first at almost every opportunity. Although Borna has been our best player this season I’ll be told, lowest Bar Iv seen in years that people hold onto this.

Ryan Kent has been poor in the final phase his whole time. ( shots, falling over, running into players) but Borna is a negative slow thinking full back so nothing happens quickly for Kent ever as Borna looks backwards first at almost every opportunity. Although Borna has been our best player this season I’ll be told, lowest Bar Iv seen in years that people hold onto this.
Ryan Kent is up there with Nicky Law as a hide n seek champion.

I remember folk lapping up Makaay's 'circus' comments to Kent at the time. Which was utterly bewildering to me. Why would you actively aim to stifle a player like Ryan Kent from being expressive!? Makes very little sense.

For me the issue was Kent's position under Gio. Don't think it was a coincidence he played his best football in Europe last season, were he was deployed more centrally. Domestically he was stuck hugging the touchline, usually with two men, man marking him out of a game.

Anyone giving RK big grief didn’t watch our Europa League run last year when Kent was unplayable in fair few games.

Granted…domestically he has flattered to deceive but he was doubled up on by opposition & wasn’t giving the licence to roam like he did for 55.

I’m hoping Beale can get him back to his best with more consistency. I think Ryan Kent could & should be a 20+ goal a season man.

He must have the mindset of an infant if that's the case then. Not even my 4 year old would go in a mood over that never mind a grown man B-)

I'm curious if and how we play him and Yilmaz together once the latter's back. Yilmaz looks to love coming inside as a full-back while Kent's best stuff comes centrally. You're going really narrow leaving nobody on that left flank in that case.

Anyone giving RK big grief didn’t watch our Europa League run last year when Kent was unplayable in fair few games.

Granted…domestically he has flattered to deceive but he was doubled up on by opposition & wasn’t giving the licence to roam like he did for 55.

I’m hoping Beale can get him back to his best with more consistency. I think Ryan Kent could & should be a 20+ goal a season man.
Correct

I remember folk lapping up Makaay's 'circus' comments to Kent at the time. Which was utterly bewildering to me. Why would you actively aim to stifle a player like Ryan Kent from being expressive!? Makes very little sense.

For me the issue was Kent's position under Gio. Don't think it was a coincidence he played his best football in Europe last season, were he was deployed more centrally. Domestically he was stuck hugging the touchline, usually with two men, man marking him out of a game.
Which in turn has the knock on effect that Borna can't play the ball forward to him without losing possession, so he has no choice but to recycle it back the way to jeers and boos.

This is absolute made up in your head fantasy.

Whenever Borna has the ball, you always without fail see him looking forward for options. All too often there is nothing, due to the static nature of our fwd line

Completely agree with your last paragraph.

I've never had any issue with Kent in the vast majority of games in Europe. In a large number he has been one of our key men.

My issue is with his domestic form. He has scored 26 goals in 140 league and domestic cup games. Nowhere near enough for a 7m player imo. I know his assist stats are much more favourable but he simply hasn't scored enough domestically for us. That's my issue with him.

As much as i have criticised kent this year,if his problem was with Gio, then thats good news. if we could get him back in the mood he can be a game winner for us. Even get a good final 6 months out him, win both cups and he could go with our thanks.
I don’t think it’s much of a secret but a mate met Nathan Paterson in the airport lounge. He said the players weren’t on board with GVB and the Dutch coaching team. Said they were arrogant.

I would still class Kent as our best player personally, by a fair distance.

Even domestically last season he was the one who made the most telling contributions the most often and generally pulled us out the shit the most often

Clearly he can give more this season, but that is applicable across the board, the football we play has done our players no favors domestically for a long, long time.

He was obviously told to stay out wide by Gio and his mob.

Let us wait and see Kent playing more inside as one of the 10s under MB.

This kid will shine again!

4goals in 68 games and posters want him
kept?

Blame Gio all you want but Kent’s inability to score started long before Gio.

Back