Ryan Kent

CaptainCourageous

We need to start feeding this lad more often - the positions he gets himself in are fantastic, he's always screaming for the ball in acres of space. Today, again, we decided to turn back inside and freed it right instead of hitting Kent and you could see he was becoming frustrated. He's clever and sees an opening all the time.

When he got the ball and drove at the opposition, he was a handful. But, it's his strength and work rate that really impresses me - never stops, pressed hard, won tackles and put the foot in. He's Candeias-esque in that sense and it must be great for the left full back knowing the man in front of you will help you out for the full 90.

This is a proper team who work their socks off for each other and fully understand what the manager wants from them.

Ryan Kent is going to be a big player for us this season. A wee opportunity to score today would have done him the world of good. He's coming along nicely though.

Great shift young man.

I don’t think he’ll score more than 5 goals this season and in his position that’s a bit of an issue. He’s doing a power of work defensively but compare him to Candieas on the other side and I think he’s coming up a bit short offensively.

Middleton possibly deserves more of a chance to show us what he can do.

I thought he done well today, some of the Killie players were trying to wind him up and he just remained focussed

Love having him and Candeias on the flanks.
Must be a nightmare to play against , as they are in your face the whole game & both a threat.
Would be great to get Kent signed on a permanent deal.

Kent put in a fantastic shift today.. prob his best game for us yet. His work rate is first class and he clearly has great ability. Linked up well with Arfield and Ejaria, both of them were excellent too!

I don’t think he’ll score more than 5 goals this season and in his position that’s a bit of an issue. He’s doing a power of work defensively but compare him to Candieas on the other side and I think he’s coming up a bit short offensively.

Agree with this. He doesn’t look a goal threat

Need to sign a winger now that Murphy will be out

A decent player who still makes poor decisions.
I cannot say he is particularly poor, but I also don't see that spark from him that marks out a player able to make a real impact on a game of football.
But he still has time.

the kid gets more confidence and works on his end product he will be a fab player. Notice once we were comfortable him and Ejaria looked phenomenal , they need to get into that headspace quicker.

Good, but not outstanding today. Probably his first competitive game on a plastic pitch.

His defensive qualities will be crucial at the peadodome

I really like him. The final ball hasn’t always come off but you can clearly see he’s a real talent and will give the sides in this league a lot of problems.

He's finally got that goal and what a goal it was.

Kent has got himself in that position on a number of occasions inside the box only for him to slip it just wide or for the keeper to pull off a good save. Today he placed it in the back of the net.

Growing in confidence, getting better by the game, explosive pace, good link up, composure and the work rate of an absolute Trojan.

Kent left, Candeias right with Barišić and Tavernier are our best options. We find feet more often, these four are so comfortable on the ball, link up well, go by players, tackle hard and the delivery from each of them at times is quite ridiculous - absolute quality.

Kent adds goals to his game and he's a big player for us.

Would love to see him here beyond this season.

He's been a great team player, but needed assists and goals to back that up.

Keep it up wee man.

Him and Ejaria are the ones in the squad that i feel can make something out of nothing with a bit of skill and pace can see why liverpool want to keep them and want to give them game time at a high level

I'm a bit conflicted. I thought he was excellent today and in general his performances have been steadily getting better.

However he's unlikely to be our player longer term and I'd love to see Middleton getting some more game time.

Maybe - as happened for a bit today - there's scope for Kent to play more centrally. He's certainly got the pace and skill to hurt teams playing as a number 10...?

Kent has been decent all season.

And he’ll continue to be decent for the rest of the season

Quite incredibly, there were one or two on this forum slating him recently.

I suppose that just helps us weed out the tims on the forum :)

I thought he done well today, some of the Killie players were trying to wind him up and he just remained focussed

Kent put in a fantastic shift today.. prob his best game for us yet. His work rate is first class and he clearly has great ability. Linked up well with Arfield and Ejaria, both of them were excellent too!

EH??

I thought he was starting to show his worth a bit in the beggars game.

He has quick feet and has a nice bit of pace. Likes to drive forward, he'll do alright for us!

He looked really sharp today, would like to see him get a goal. Him and Ejaria are doing just fine.
I know it was against the league’s weakest side but it was said they only needed games and hopefully this is how it’s now seemingly turning out.

Both can be big players for us this season.

Clearly has ability and a good attitude for a flair player-got the goal today-one of genuine quality -that reflects the pay off we've been waiting on.

This will give him confidence going forward-I think he's done pretty good overall.

We need to start feeding this lad more often - the positions he gets himself in are fantastic, he's always screaming for the ball in acres of space. Today, again, we decided to turn back inside and freed it right instead of hitting Kent and you could see he was becoming frustrated. He's clever and sees an opening all the time.

When he got the ball and drove at the opposition, he was a handful. But, it's his strength and work rate that really impresses me - never stops, pressed hard, won tackles and put the foot in. He's Candeias-esque in that sense and it must be great for the left full back knowing the man in front of you will help you out for the full 90.

This is a proper team who work their socks off for each other and fully understand what the manager wants from them.

Ryan Kent is going to be a big player for us this season. A wee opportunity to score today would have done him the world of good. He's coming along nicely though.

Great shift young man.

Good post CC. I gave him my MOTM just pipping Arfield today. Has improved almost by the match & has a fantastic attitude.

just don't know where to start with this

I think he will be a big player for us, his pace going forward is an obvious threat and he has really quick feet. His goal today is the type of goal we should be scoring in and about the box, hopefully he gets a few more between now and the end of the season.

I’ve been frustrated at the lack of this ‘type’ of goal. Really encouraging that we’re now working on this link & using Alfie’s body strength & awareness with runners like Ryan.

This lad is young.

This lad is going places.

This lad will be a superstar.

This lad is the spitting image of Kyle Lafferty.

His best game yet for us and I'm sure his goal will boost his belief and confidence.

It's easy to see why Gerrard rates him ahead of Woodburn and Wilson with displays like yesterday.

Watch his goal again. You might have missed it and I know I did at first, but he actually takes the quickest touch ever from his left boot straight onto his right to make the pass to Arfield. It was amazing close control and took him by the defender.

Just like Ejaria, he is getting better by the game which really should not be surprising given his age and lack of experience. He will certainly go on to have a top level career, but sadly I think he is already out of our price range.

Back