Ryan Porteous - 'I am a hard man'

The interview's not that bad, but Ross Jack needs to think about his role here. He's got a decent centre-half there who could become a good one if he learns from his mistakes and reflects on the areas where he needs to improve. Yet all we seem to hear is complete backing after Porteous makes wild errors that cost his team, time and time again. Now to be fair those conversations could be happening behind closed doors, but there is not much evidence of them hitting home given Porteous hasn't adjusted his approach, continues to do the same stupid things, continues to maintain he's doing nothing wrong, all the while Jack continues to play the poor victim card. There's support for your players in public, but eventually there needs to be a point where you and your players take responsibility and improve your game accordingly.

"I don't act hard...it's how I play the game".
So the way you play the game, going over the top of the ball, straight leg and stud's showing trying to harm a fellow pro, makes you hard? ...kidding yourself on son, you need to grow up

Wife asked if he was gay with they way he kept acting after every ref call v us. Told he he is from east so maybe …….B-)

There’s very few properly hard football players now. I can’t think of one.

You have to go back to Souness/ Ian Ferguson/ Keane / Viera type guys for genuinely tough players.
The game now days doesn’t allow for “hard” players

That's fine if you want to tell the world you're a hard man.

It's much harder to back it up on the pitch though.

The fùcking Marshmallow Man was harder than Porteous, and I mean after he got melted.

He’s so stupid he’s setting himself up for someone to batter him just to get the name for doing it, he’s a silly wee boy who finds it hard to keep his mouth shut.

that headline is exactly why he's a liability. He's too busy trying to play the game he wants to rather than the one the game needs at any given time. Being a complete hammer thrower he needs every problem on the park to be a nail. Total bombscare of a player.

In terms of being a professional, having the right attitude and aspiring to be the best you can be, Andy Murray is at the very top. Ryan Porteous would be somewhere near the other end of the spectrum, and what he says in most of that interview confirms that.

What an absolute throbber this kid is, "hardman" pffft. I had harder shites when I was a bairn

"Positives"

Mate you play centreback for the team that is 7th in the league, buy a big fucking mirror and have a right good look at yourself, boy is an absolute wank merchant...

The lad is a complete moron, who’s more interested in impressing his pals in the stands rather than trying to be the best footballer he can be and making a good career for himself.

The boys like a throwback to days gone by. Only in Scotland would he be able to make it to the level he has.

There are possibly a dozen defenders in the SPL at the same kind of level as this fkn liability - The reason he gets the coverage is simply because of his antics against Rangers.

Let's be honest the league is looking for a new scott brown.

I hear that now and again, yet to see any evidence there is a player in there.
Passing is terrible, positional sense is terrible.
General defending is terrible.
Just a poor, poor player.
Same here.

He offers little more than you get from most SPFL centre backs. Aggression against anything in Royal Blue being his main attribute.

A hard man?

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams.gif

All that big fanny lives for is games against us. Rest of the time you hardly hear about him. Wish we would just ignore him. Guys a retard, and sums up Scottish football. Anyone saying that he’s a player is wrong, he’s in a team halfway down the league and is utter shite.

I think Portly-arse could be a shoe-in to sign for Timbo. Mind you I also thought that James un-McClean would sign for them to. Both of them tick all the Timbo boxes. Maybe current Timbo regime aren't that stupid.

"Hibs may have gone 9 games without a clean sheet, but you could argue Ryan Porteous has mastered the art of defence"

He literally cost his team a clean sheet a week ago.

Being “hard” is like being wealthy or intelligent.

If you need to tell folk you are then you quite clearly ain’t.

OP should get a job with the Daily Record with a clickbait shite thread title like that.

I like how Porteous defends Hanlon and Stevenson in the article by saying "these are guys with 1000 games for Hibs, between them they've won three trophies" and calls them legends.

If 3 trophies in 1000 games makes you a legend I don't think they've yet invented a word to describe *actual* successful footballers.

Look at how Dundee United's Calum Butcher is currently being destroyed in the Scottish media for a poor challenge on Celtc's Turnbull. This clown Porteous is lauded and praised by the same media, despite repeated poor challenges on Rangers players.

More propaganda but no one is keeping records.

Back