Ryan Porteous v Calum Butcher

monkey magic

Does the media reaction to both of these players sum up Scottish football journalism . ? Porteous has committed numerous shocking challenges against Rangers players. The Dundee United player has committed one admittedly shocking challenge on Celtc's Turnbull. The media response to the Butcher challenge is unanimous condemnation across the board and with demands for SFA punishment, which of course duly arrives via fast track SFA procedure.

The SFA should have clamped down on Porteous long ago. That he hasn't is because he's went out of his way to damage Rangers players. The media response to both players is quite telling. Butcher will be hammered by the SFA due to the media outrage at his challenge on Turnbull.
Correct.

The SFA should have clamped down on Porteous long ago. That he hasn't is because he's went out of his way to damage Rangers players. The media response to both players is quite telling. Butcher will be hammered by the SFA due to the media outrage at his challenge on Turnbull.

Correct, as always. Pity no one keeps records of the media bias. It allows them to carry on with their campaign of hate that affects us both on the field and off it.

Let’s be honest, there’s plenty of outrage about Porteous when he’s at his actions too. Butchers was a disgusting tackle and deserves the outrage and ban that’s coming his way

Let’s be honest, there’s plenty of outrage about Porteous when he’s at his actions too. Butchers was a disgusting tackle and deserves the outrage and ban that’s coming his way

I don't recall any media demands for the SFA to go after Porteous for the numerous shocking challenges on Rangers players. One bad challenge on a Celtc player and the media pitchforks are out.

I don't recall any media demands for the SFA to go after Porteous for the numerous shocking challenges on Rangers players. One bad challenge on a Celtc player and the media pitchforks are out.
Probably because Porteous has regularly been sent off for his challenges and Butcher wasn’t? Celtic fans are screaming conspiracy because Butcher will likely be banned when they play us, Rangers fans are screaming conspiracy because they’re going after a player who should have been sent off. No idea how some people get enjoyment out of football when so paranoid about everything.

Sums up the state of this entire country in fairness, everything always has to be an agenda.

Probably because Porteous has regularly been sent off for his challenges and Butcher wasn’t? Celtic fans are screaming conspiracy because Butcher will likely be banned when they play us, Rangers fans are screaming conspiracy because they’re going after a player who should have been sent off. No idea how some people get enjoyment out of football when so paranoid about everything.

Sums up the state of this entire country in fairness, everything always has to be an agenda.

No, the media are not just wanting Butcher's yellow card upgraded to a red, but wanting him done for violent conduct. Porteous's repeated shocking challenges against us should have seen him charged for similar by the SFA, but there there was no media campaign for this to occur. In fact, they look forward to Porteous facing Rangers.

No, the media are not just wanting Butcher's yellow card upgraded to a red, but wanting him done for violent conduct. Porteous's repeated shocking challenges against us should have seen him charged for similar by the SFA, but there there was no media campaign for this to occur. In fact, they look forward to Porteous facing Rangers.
How can Porteous be charged with something when he was already sent off for the tackle? And of course they look forward to games between Rangers and Hibs, there’s always big talking points with Porteous. Honestly, there’s a thread a bit further down called Celtic and paranoia, this belongs there

Porteous done McGregor for them as well, but since they had basically told us to simmer down for the same thing, from the same player, they couldn't make as much fuss about it.

Yes but it’s a warning don’t do this to Celtic players. Rangers players crack on lads fair game

Was butcher not the guy that kicked Morelos and caused the big gash on his leg and he didn’t even get a foul

How can Porteous be charged with something when he was already sent off for the tackle? And of course they look forward to games between Rangers and Hibs, there’s always big talking points with Porteous. Honestly, there’s a thread a bit further down called Celtic and paranoia, this belongs there

Porteous's red cards could easily have been upgraded to more serious offences of repeated violent conduct, and lengthy match bans, but the media haven't campaigned for that as they have for Butcher. You actually believe that the media would tolerate and enjoy Butcher targeting Celtc players in every game they played, as they do with Porteous and Rangers. ? That its taken only one bad challenge on a Celtc player to see the media demand SFA action says everything.

Porteous's red cards could easily have been upgraded to more serious offences of repeated violent conduct, and lengthy match bans, but the media haven't campaigned for that as they have for Butcher. You actually believe that the media would tolerate and enjoy Butcher targeting Celtc players in every game they played, as they do with Porteous and Rangers. ? That its taken only one bad challenge on a Celtc player to see the media demand SFA action says everything.
Except they can’t. It would still be a two game ban, the only reason Butcher has got three is because he was suspended for violent conduct already this season. It Porteous gets sent off again, he’ll also get a three game ban.

You can't be paranoid about something that actually happens.

'Plenty of outrage' amongst Rangers fans but the media motivated to explain and defend his conduct.

Even on Rangers TV, Kevin Thomson defended the thug right after he was red carded.

Butcher's assault was only worse in that he made the contact Porteous attempted.

Both thugs, both equally deserving outage and criticism.

Potreous really lives rent free in the heads of some on here.

He is an absolute thug against alll opponents, seen him with two really bad tackles against Forrest and McGregor of the tims and mkay stevens when he was at the sheep.

The detective siding against Rangers/Rangers fans again. I for one am shocked. Absolutely shocked.

I can’t agree.
Sure, there is comment but “that’s a bad one” is as far as it goes.
No demands for further action.
There can’t be further action if he’s already been sent off though? The only one I can think of he didn’t get sent off for was the Coulibaly one and I think that was before the rule change?
The detective siding against Rangers/Rangers fans again. I for one am shocked. Absolutely shocked.
Hahaha you’re obsessed with me. I’m on Rangers side 99.9% of the time, I’m just not a paranoid wreck like so many on here

Back