Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney Meet Sir Alex

It’s all a bit random the whole Wrexham thing and I can’t help but think it will all go tits up at some point but it’s hard not to like they two

I reckon they Reynolds will be long gone before any tits up. He’s seems to business savvy to wait around, they’ll get a good offer and go. Rob loves sports and will probably hang on to long.

I reckon they Reynolds will be long gone before any tits up. He’s seems to business savvy to wait around, they’ll get a good offer and go. Rob loves sports and will probably hang on to long.
Dunno Reynolds seems to be getting right into it as well. Will be interesting to see what happens if they don’t get up again this season. Though I think they will.

That’s excellent.

I think it’s great what the pair of them are doing. They look almost certain to go up now that Notts County have dropped a few points recently.

Sold out games every week, new stand getting built and now Ben Foster in goal too! I’m really enjoying watching the journey they are on. The tv series is really good as well.

It does in the OP,

"I get why people don’t like Wrexham, but I thought this was great .

:))
They will argue it was the thread title that didn't mention Wrexham

So they clicked on a thread title that has Ryan Reynolds and Rob MacElhennys names on it.... and then moaned when Wrexham were mentioned

As a club they’re fairly detestable but theres not much to hate about the owners, seem like decent guys

I don't particularly like Wreham due to their tedious links with that mob.

However I am huge fan of both Ryan Reynolds and Rob Mcelhenney, so its hard not to like and get involved in what they are doing there. I thought the documentary was pretty good as well, bar one or two episodes.

Marketing wise they are really nailing it. It has huge potential and they seem to be growing in their fan base, not just in Wales but globally which can only be good for them.

Doing well this year, good chance of going up. It will be interesting to see how they progress if they get into the EFL. I think Paul Mullin is a cracking striker, I think he should be playing Championship level at least but is clearly getting a great wage at Wreham and seems to have a great relationship with the owners.

I guess your right

The poster probably saw the names "Ryan Reynolds and Rob MacElhenny" and didn't think Wrexham would be mentioned, and then scoffed in their morning coffee when alas,... Wrexham were brought up!
Might have been a negative post about them dumping Wrexham,hence opened the post to gloat, don't presume to know people's motives.

They will argue it was the thread title that didn't mention Wrexham

So they clicked on a thread title that has Ryan Reynolds and Rob MacElhennys names on it.... and then moaned when Wrexham were mentioned
It's not in the thread title, so he never opened a Wrexham thread!

Whats the lottery numbers for tonight :))

FreeImmaterialGermanspaniel-max-1mb.gif

I wasn't asking you. The fact that I made the other poster's comments in bold should have helped you out there. You have a good day now.
You included my post in your reply so think I'm entitled to reply, thanks, I'm having a lovely day!

I would question why it would go tits up anytime soon.

They likely make more out of the TV show just now and social media interaction than most clubs make in a season before even factoring it that attendance relative to the league they are in will see them wash their face with it most weeks

You included my post in your reply so think I'm entitled to reply, thanks, I'm having a lovely day!
I was clearly asking a question a question to the other poster, given the Gif I posted and I also posted their comments in bold..:cool:

Last edited:

However I am huge fan of both Ryan Reynolds and Rob Mcelhenney, so its hard not to like and get involved in what they are doing there. I thought the documentary was pretty good as well, bar one or two episodes.

Marketing wise they are really nailing it. It has huge potential and they seem to be growing in their fan base, not just in Wales but globally which can only be good for them.

Doing well this year, good chance of going up. It will be interesting to see how they progress if they get into the EFL. I think Paul Mullin is a cracking striker, I think he should be playing Championship level at least but is clearly getting a great wage at Wreham and seems to have a great relationship with the owners.
What links do they have?

Ryan Reynolds is a nice guy. So quite what he’s doing getting involved with also trying to buy into the Ottawa Senators is anyone’s guess.

Skeletons in the closet somewhere I guess. o_O;)

Yeah their motives seem very different. Reynolds has a habit of buying companies, promoting them and selling them for a profit. Where as Rob seems to be in it as he's a massive sports fan. Could see it causing issues at some point

I quite like them and have taken an interest in Wrexham, based on their ownership.
Both will be doing just fine. Reynolds is all over the place with sponsorships now, even more than he was when he was just Deadpool.

He supposedly made about $300m combined in selling his Mint Mobile and Aviator Gin stakes.
Based on those numbers, Wrexham will be little more than a hobby.

Stockport won the national league last year just ahead of Wrexham and they are currently in the playoff places in League 2.

So I would think Wrexham will be targeting to go straight up again next year if they do win the national league this season.

Stockport won the national league last year just ahead of Wrexham and they are currently in the playoff places in League 2.

So I would think Wrexham will be targeting to go straight up again next year if they do win the national league this season.

That’s their plans, go up to the championship then balance themselves out and then push for the premier league.

I quite like them and have taken an interest in Wrexham, based on their ownership.
Both will be doing just fine. Reynolds is all over the place with sponsorships now, even more than he was when he was just Deadpool.

He supposedly made about $300m combined in selling his Mint Mobile and Aviator Gin stakes.
Based on those numbers, Wrexham will be little more than a hobby.
potentially over a $1 BILLION!

Just shy of 300 for mint mobile alone.

Diageo were over 300 up front with up to 600 more depending on performance over the next 10 years.

So at least 600m at the moment

I think the whole thing is pretty cool (and bizarre) but they certainly make everything more fun down in the lower leagues and that video was funny.

I loved Ryan's comment about sometimes wishing he hadn't discovered Wrexham as he has never had so many Saturday nights ruined.

:)) :)) :))

Back