Ryan Stevenson hits back at celtic fans who claim Hearts lie down to Rangers

uneasydaz

Ryan Stevenson has rubbished suggestions that Hearts 'roll over' to Rangers.

Robbie Neilson's men were outclassed at Tynecastle on Wednesday night as Michael Beale's side eased to a 3-0 win to move 19 points clear of the Gorgie side. The Jambos have conceded 12 goals against Rangers without scoring themselves in the last five meetings between the two outfits and Stevenson has dismissed Celtic fans claiming that Hearts don't turn up against the Ibrox side.

Similar accusations have been aimed towards Aberdeen when they've faced Celtic in recent seasons but Stevenson reckons it's 'absolute' nonsense. The 38-year-old believes that the Old Firm actually raise their game when they head to Tynecastle and argued claims of the opposite are a 'total myth' and a 'bit insulting'.

It's probably a west of Scotland thing. Hearts lose to Rangers and it’s Celtic fans who make it out the Jambos always roll over to the Ibrox men.

"You get the same talk from the blue half of Glasgow when Aberdeen take on the Hoops. But, having been in that Hearts dressing room, I can assure you it’s absolute nonsense. It’s a total myth. It’s also a bit insulting. When I was at the club the games against the Old Firm were the ones you were desperate to do well in.

"It didn’t matter if there were Rangers or Celtic fans in the dressing room. Everyone knew they were playing for a big club and nothing else mattered. I was lucky to get a few decent results against them myself and there’s no better feeling than bloodying the noses of the big two.

But it’s not easy, that’s for sure. I know Hearts have not had the best run against Rangers of late with seven defeats on the spin. But I have no doubts they will be absolutely gutted at the 3-0 defeat the other night. They would have seen the game as a chance to make a real statement, back up their good form and take a major step towards narrowing the gap to second

Instead it was a major disappointment. Celtic fans might want to make it about them but Hearts will have been thinking about nothing but themselves and it will have felt like a setback.

"But don’t give us this chat about not turning up against Rangers. It wasn’t so long ago Hearts put Steven Gerrard’s Light Blues out of the Scottish Cup.

When both sides were in the Championship it was Hearts who were top dogs. But you have to remember, it’s not just Hearts players who are up for it when Rangers and Celtic come to town.

"The Old Firm know they are in for a game when they go to Tynecastle. It’s a fixture they are wary of and they relish the chance to play in such a tremendous atmosphere

Rangers and Celtic fans talk about other clubs raising their games against their rivals but the truth is, the Old Firm raise THEIR game when they come to Gorgie. It’s because they know they will need to be at their best to get a result."

Aberdeen definitely do lie down to them, that is undeniable.

Hearts give us good games

What does “lie down” actually mean…I interpret it as letting the opposition win which obviously nobody actually does.

The bottom line is it just matters more to the other 10 clubs to beat Rangers. The fans get more satisfaction from that. The players try harder.

What does “lie down” actually mean…I interpret it as letting the opposition win which obviously nobody actually does.

The bottom line is it just matters more to the other 10 clubs to beat Rangers. The fans get more satisfaction from that. The players try harder.
Didn't they go 1 win 30 or 40 or something like that? The 1 win was Celtic 100% lying down so the sheep finished above us.

Regular pastings, a 9-0.

There's no way he said that, but they put it in quotes
Exactly. Trying to set the agenda again. Hearts have a good record against us. Aberdeen have a shocking record against them. So bad is their record against them if Interpol announced an investigation into it, only the Daily Record would be shocked

Didn't they go 1 win 30 or 40 or something like that? The 1 win was Celtic 100% lying down so the sheep finished above us.

Regular pastings, a 9-0.
I’m sure there is a season when we romped them league but Aberdeen got a few draws against us and got battered by them.

Yes and Kilmarnock also went 60 odd years without a win at Torbett Towers.

I don’t think it’s because they were letting Celtic win though.
Is that the argument? Just pick teams out of the blue who haven't won at a ground in a number of years and say they are letting Celtic win?

Do you really believe Aberdeen put in the same level of performances in against us and them?

Is that the argument? Just pick teams out of the blue who haven't won at a ground in a number of years and say they are letting Celtic win?

Do you really believe Aberdeen put in the same level of performances in against us and them?

No I don’t, and if you look back at my first post to you in this thread I said Aberdeen (and all the rest) try harder against Rangers. Because their supporters all want to beat Rangers over anyone else.

Where I questioned you was over the “lying down” phrase.

I think there’s a difference between what lying down means or implies (which teams don’t do) and suggesting teams try more against Rangers(which they do).

No I don’t, and if you look back at my first post to you in this thread I said Aberdeen (and all the rest) try harder against Rangers. Because their supporters all want to beat Rangers over anyone else.

Where I questioned you was over the “lying down” phrase.

I think there’s a difference between what lying down means or implies (which teams don’t do) and suggesting teams try more against Rangers(which they do).

Surely by that logic if their supporters all want to beat Rangers so that makes their players try harder they'll also put in less effort against Celtic as that is also beating Rangers.

If we pumped a Hearts team 9-0, football in this country would be on fire

Surely by that logic if their supporters all want to beat Rangers so that makes their players try harder they'll also put in less effort against Celtic as that is also beating Rangers.

If we pumped a Hearts team 9-0, football in this country would be on fire

So they’d want to put in less effort against Celtic because that would also hurt Rangers? Double whammy ?

Getting into too much mental gymnastics for me here now

So they’d want to put in less effort against Celtic because that would also hurt Rangers? Double whammy ?

Getting into too much mental gymnastics for me here now
If that's what you think then fire away. I think the sheep put in far less effort against them than they do against us, that's all.

Feel free to lump your mortgage on the sheep winning next they play them.

Robbie Neilson's men were outclassed at Tynecastle on Wednesday night as Michael Beale's side eased to a 3-0 win to move 19 points clear of the Gorgie side. The Jambos have conceded 12 goals against Rangers without scoring themselves in the last five meetings between the two outfits and Stevenson has dismissed Celtic fans claiming that Hearts don't turn up against the Ibrox side.

Similar accusations have been aimed towards Aberdeen when they've faced Celtic in recent seasons but Stevenson reckons it's 'absolute' nonsense. The 38-year-old believes that the Old Firm actually raise their game when they head to Tynecastle and argued claims of the opposite are a 'total myth' and a 'bit insulting'.

It's probably a west of Scotland thing. Hearts lose to Rangers and it’s Celtic fans who make it out the Jambos always roll over to the Ibrox men.

"You get the same talk from the blue half of Glasgow when Aberdeen take on the Hoops. But, having been in that Hearts dressing room, I can assure you it’s absolute nonsense. It’s a total myth. It’s also a bit insulting. When I was at the club the games against the Old Firm were the ones you were desperate to do well in.

"It didn’t matter if there were Rangers or Celtic fans in the dressing room. Everyone knew they were playing for a big club and nothing else mattered. I was lucky to get a few decent results against them myself and there’s no better feeling than bloodying the noses of the big two.

But it’s not easy, that’s for sure. I know Hearts have not had the best run against Rangers of late with seven defeats on the spin. But I have no doubts they will be absolutely gutted at the 3-0 defeat the other night. They would have seen the game as a chance to make a real statement, back up their good form and take a major step towards narrowing the gap to second

Instead it was a major disappointment. Celtic fans might want to make it about them but Hearts will have been thinking about nothing but themselves and it will have felt like a setback.

"But don’t give us this chat about not turning up against Rangers. It wasn’t so long ago Hearts put Steven Gerrard’s Light Blues out of the Scottish Cup.

When both sides were in the Championship it was Hearts who were top dogs. But you have to remember, it’s not just Hearts players who are up for it when Rangers and Celtic come to town.

"The Old Firm know they are in for a game when they go to Tynecastle. It’s a fixture they are wary of and they relish the chance to play in such a tremendous atmosphere

Rangers and Celtic fans talk about other clubs raising their games against their rivals but the truth is, the Old Firm raise THEIR game when they come to Gorgie. It’s because they know they will need to be at their best to get a result."

Who wrote that? :))

There’s zero change he actually wrote the Hoops or the Light Blues. Cringeworthy pish

"Ryan Stevenson hits back at celtic fans who claim Hearts lie down to Rangers"​

And this is "newsworthy" ?
How many celtic fans did Ryan Stevenson hit back at ? Juan Guy and his dug ?

I'm still waiting for an Aberdeen player being forced by the media to explain why Aberdeen rarely lift a leg against Celtc.

[/QUOTE

What a loada Gladys Knight...

Oh look, Aberdeen's pathetic role as lapdog to their parent club has been exposed and mocked by everyone.

What's the reaction? Claim someone else lies down to Rangers to make out the Aberdeen (and Dundee United) situation to be acceptable.

It's pathetic and predictable.

hearts must have a decent record v both Us and the peados. I’m guessing maybe livi have taken more points but cant see anyone else having a better record.

My take on it is that the other teams gets intimidated by the tims a lot easier than they do us, simple as that really
Being constantly bombarded by the media on how great a team they are does not help, and probably gets into the oppositions heads before a balls been kicked.
It’s really only up to us to show that tims ain’t nowt but emperor’s new clothes, once we expose that (hopefully starting with the league cup final) their cloak of invincibility will fade

Back