Sadiq Umar

It's not a signing thread so don't panic but he has been on top form for Partizan Belgrade a club with very demanding fans who aren't shy in letting you know what they think but 16 goals and 11 assists he only started the league cup semi against Aberdeen should he have been given more time until the end of last season rather than cutting his deal short ?

A familiar story on here.

As much as all the keyboard football gurus on here will brandish him shite etc because of a couple of mistakes the truth be told he was never given a consistent run to truly show us what he’s capable of.

Clearly got something about him considering his performances this year and the fact he’s still employed by Roma. Has seen a hell of a lot more first team football than a lot of other 22 year olds too in a number of countries. All the best to him.

I’d say this is true. People don’t like him because he made a very costly high profile error and because seemingly his attitude wasn’t the best and he also had an exchange with some bears online when he was given some abuse. But he’s clearly not the ‘donkey’ many want him to be.

A lack of adequate planning and foresight by management and recruitment meant he had to go into that Aberdeen match with very little game time and would inevitably be the fall guy if we lost (worth remembering the rest of the team were absolutely garbage on the day too). But he’s obviously got ability as evidenced the quality of some of his finishes this season. Also worth remembering that most people here had Morelos down as a young dud too so much so they wanted him replaced with an actual dud because he had some good banter. Similar with Barisic, some showed real venom and couldn’t wait to tear him apart after each game despite the fact he clearly wasn’t a diddy; so a lot of people here get it wrong, and badly so too.

Sadiq was obviously far from blameless and didn’t apply himself the way he should have, but he’s also clearly not the clown people want to be and him being at Roma obviously wasnt he result of some crazy mix up. That being said he still one of the strangest looking cùnts I’ve ever seen and looks like an extra from Men in Black.

He didn’t fancy it here and chucked it early doors, late to training, half arsed at drills - was fined etc but the Euro football experts on here will tell you we should have put up with all that as well as his performance v Aberdeen as they know better then the manager.

It's not a signing thread so don't panic but he has been on top form for Partizan Belgrade a club with very demanding fans who aren't shy in letting you know what they think but 16 goals and 11 assists he only started the league cup semi against Aberdeen should he have been given more time until the end of last season rather than cutting his deal short ?

Not at all. Although his time on the pitch was brief he looked anything but a footballer, he looked utterly useless. I can only imagine my view of the player was backed up by what he did (or did not do) in training as there is no way SG would not have used him.

Similar situation occuring at the moment with Andy King. not showing up well in training and therefore no game time.

The mange

The management assess and see the players in training ,he obviously failed to cut the mustard....?

He had enough time for everybody to see he was a shit show

his best moment was that long run into the box where it looked like, if he had wings, he was about to take off like an air liner.

And Serbian football is shit!

He didn’t fancy it here and chucked it early doors, late to training, half arsed at drills - was fined etc but the Euro football experts on here will tell you we should have put up with all that as well as his performance v Aberdeen as they know better then the manager.

Even though I doubt he was wrong to send Sadiq on his way I hate that sort of argument. Most people here were despondent when the line up was revealed for the first OF game of the season and Morelos was benched. Was everyone here an idiot and the manager right? He’ll can, has and will no doubt continue to make mistakes. Being the a professional manger doesn’t mean you’re always right.

He’ll be a good player. He’s lightning quick just for starters. He’s a terrible trainer and that meant, like big Kyle, he was never going to cut it under our gaffer. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have ability.

Even though I doubt he was wrong to send Sadiq on his way I hate that sort of argument. Most people here were despondent when the line up was revealed for the first OF game of the season and Morelos was benched. Was everyone here an idiot and the manager right? He’ll can, has and will no doubt continue to make mistakes. Being the a professional manger doesn’t mean you’re always right.

Not really comparing like for like there. Gerrard picked the wrong team v Celtic, he was wrong that day and deserves criticism for it. I’m just highlighting the fact that there was contributing factors to Sadiq “not getting a chance”. As I said the guy chucked it early doors for us which was why he was nowhere near squads until that semi.

Going again sr the grain here but I actually thought he played well in that semi. Good movement and gave the Aberdeen backline problems and he held it up well. Then ruined it all by diving when he could have stayed on his feet

He's a weird player. Can cause chaos because of his size and pace but didn't show very much ability for us even in the friendlies i remember in one of them he was running with the ball and tried to change direction and it was like a cruise ship turning ffs. He was giving the aberdeen defence trouble at times in the cup semi but his inability to time his runs and his dreadful dive, taking to take the easy way out instead of scoring meant he was never going to get anything but abuse which was deserved.

When Gerrard was asked what sadiq had to improve on to get in the team, he answered everything. Sums it up for me

I feel there will be a similar thread on sheyi Ojo next season. Banging them in somewhere for a team with a tonne of assists

Charlton, Luton, Barnsley...etc

Wasnt his attitude questionable.

Wasnt he fined for being late for training.

Unless she has picked himself up he was an awful signing and never good enough for us regardless of how good he is now.

His style of play meant that I think every game he'd probably have a 1v1 at some point, but I don't know if he would have had the ability to control it and score more often than not.

He looked absolutely rapid.

Numbers wise he is doing well, but some players are just like that at certain teams, he showed nowhere near enough for us.

He was caught a mile offside about 10 times in the first half alone of that game.

He just ran in a straight line. Probably the least intelligent movement I’ve ever seen for us

That’s not true. The runs he was making were great but our midfield were too slow and non reactive

That’s not true. The runs he was making were great but our midfield were too slow and non reactive
With the greatest respect that is nonsense and I would recommend you watch the game again.

I’m not saying the midfield played well that evening but that’s a separate point

With the greatest respect that is nonsense and I would recommend you watch the game again.

I’m not saying the midfield played well that evening but that’s a separate point

I know what I saw, I don’t need to watch it back.

Kilmarnock away. He came on for the last 15 minutes. Was caught offside by 3 yards at least 4 times in the space of 5-10 minutes. Genuinely looked like the first game of football he'd played in his life.
My brother and I stood at the game, looked at each other in disbelief and said nothing. It was one of the worst displays we have ever seen.

As much as all the keyboard football gurus on here will brandish him shite etc because of a couple of mistakes the truth be told he was never given a consistent run to truly show us what he’s capable of.

Clearly got something about him considering his performances this year and the fact he’s still employed by Roma. Has seen a hell of a lot more first team football than a lot of other 22 year olds too in a number of countries. All the best to him.
Do you think he earned a consistent run at any stage?

ZN1w3Ri.gif

Back