Safe Standing ... Once again

6 people standing in one seat area is nothing to do with safe standing areas. It’s basically people doing as they please regardless of risk to themselves or those around and I’d be surprised if the club oversold an area to any kind of ratio let alone a 6:1 ratio. Safe standing as I understand it would still have seats that fold down if required so wouldn’t cater for that kind of overcrowding. If that ratio was the case I’d hazard that people weren’t in the right area which would be an issue regardless of safe standing.

and before the expected comments come I’m most definitely not averse to safe standing or of the UBs moving to behind the goal.

How good would it be starting from next season BF2/3/4 were all standing for everyone who wanted to sing.
It would make a world of difference to the atmosphere.
That would be incredible.

And it would be a sensible solution at this stage.

Should easily be possible.............. if there is intent from the club.

The atmosphere at Ibrox is very poor but I guess many dont think that's important. Its a shame because it makes for a very dull day out. I was in the Louden at the beginning of the season because I couldnt get a ticket and by half time the pub was overflowing with fans. Make of that what you will.

How good would it be starting from next season BF2/3/4 were all standing for everyone who wanted to sing.
It would make a world of difference to the atmosphere.

Is there enough current season ticket holders that would give up their current seat for a full BF stand, not so sure.

As for the middle three sections - It's not going to happen. Folk standing will block the view of those in BF1/5,

The best place would be the Govan/Copland corner to start with, will the Club piss of plenty of Bears bt forcing them to move - doubt it either.

UBs need to behave before the Club should consider bowing to their wishes.

Safe Standing would not cost that much and if it was in the centre sections of either the Copland (ideally) or the Broomy it would boost the atmosphere significantly and make it more of a spectacle both in the ground and on the TV. I dont believe Bluebrox sits with them but he is a proponent of bettering the atmosphere and i wholly agree with him on that one.

It annoys fck out of alot of people on here but the reasons and excuses for not having it copland front are running out fast.
Safe standing in the centre sections of the Copland- ok I hear you, now think about the effect this would have Cf1, Cf2 on one side and the Cf4,Cf5 on the other, you need to structure the plan a little better before trying to designate certain areas - considerations must be given to those not within the standing area or the club could be forced to make some areas restricted view due to people standing- if you want safe standing you really need to plan a lot better, where every pro and con of safe standing is fully examined and taken into consideration

Got a feeling UB will be behind the goals in BF next season
UB continue the way they do they'll be standing outside B.

But, but, but, displays, atmosphere, morgue etc, etc. Just to cover the nonsense that will come.

If safe standing is to come it will be when the club can afford it and the club decides and it will have nothing to do with the UB.

But, but, but, displays, atmosphere, morgue etc, etc. Just to cover the nonsense that will come.

If safe standing is to come it will be when the club can afford it and the club decides and it will have nothing to do with the UB.
And won’t be on the back of section closures, missiles hitting linesmen and pitch invasions. I think there would need to be a change in attitudes towards the rules and a few seasons to show the fans have left the baggage behind.

Is there enough current season ticket holders that would give up their current seat for a full BF stand, not so sure.

As for the middle three sections - It's not going to happen. Folk standing will block the view of those in BF1/5,

The best place would be the Govan/Copland corner to start with, will the Club piss of plenty of Bears bt forcing them to move - doubt it either.

If I remember correctly a number of seats in the govan/ Copland corner are used for hospitality at some games- which needs to be considered if safe standing was there - I of course stand to be corrected

Mate more or less everyone stands in BF2 doesn’t affect anyone sitting in BF3.

If I remember correctly a number of seats in the govan/ Copland corner are used for hospitality at some games- which needs to be considered if safe standing was there - I of course stand to be corrected

Its seats for the Ibrox Suite hospitality packages mate.

The opposite corner would be better for UB - if it’s a corner they want. I understand they are in the Govan/Broomloan corner for the Colts v Wrexham game.

Let the library continue then.......
tumblr_lyj3pzUMYY1qay81po7_r1_250.gifv

Maybe best waiting to see what is said at the AGM. Hopefully this feasibility study (into increasing capacity) will be produced there. Would be great to see the possibilities available to us.

Maybe best waiting to see what is said at the AGM. Hopefully this feasibility study (into increasing capacity) will be produced there. Would be great to see the possibilities available to us.

They’ll just blow everyone off with another bullshit excuse that’s if it even gets mentioned.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's anything different from "we are continuing to look into it"

Of course it will be the club that decides. What do you think people are suggesting? That we hold the board hostage until they agree to install safe standing? What a weird thing to say.

Bf 1 & bf 2 should be safe standing and the corner should be filled in into the restricted seats in SW 5. Same could be done to the other side if needed

Its seats for the Ibrox Suite hospitality packages mate.

The opposite corner would be better for UB - if it’s a corner they want. I understand they are in the Govan/Broomloan corner for the Colts v Wrexham game.
It’s the Govan/Copland corner mate.

I assume the Wrexham fans are in the Govan West (Govan/Broomloan corner).

The atmosphere against Porto was as poor as I have ever seen it for a European game. That was up until the 65th minute when everyone stood up. What happened next, we score 2 goals and record a great European win. The evidence is there
The reason being the first half performance, I know it shouldn't be the case but when the team are under performing the fans tend to also..

The UB's chucking flares at their own fans and cameraman won't help their cause much.

When did this happen?

At Hampden a flare was thrown on to the running track and bounced over the boards.

When did they throw one at a fellow fan?

Ps - having been sat very close to the UB at Hampden, there were plenty of non members in amongst them that sneaked into their section last stewards without tickets

Absolute shambles that there was no mention of it in this "fan improvement survey". I couldn't care less about WiFi right now. I want a dedicated safe standing section where the likes of myself and other supporters can congregate and take part in singing for 90 minutes and being involved in displays.

The Union Bears need to be moved from BF1 and Safe Standing implemented into the Broomloan Front which is the only sort of suitable place as there would be an uproar if it was in the Copland Front despite it being the traditional Rangers End. 99% of all chants/songs originate from the Broomloan Front currently.

I know there's older supporters on here that don't understand what it's about but the younger generation of fans clearly want this to go forward.

I honestly hope the Board deliver it as it seems to have been swept under the carpet and they don't seem to understand what supporters actually want. Any information regarding Safe Standing yet @Greg Marshall ? The likes of Kilmarnock are getting it before us.

When did this happen?

At Hampden a flare was thrown on to the running track and bounced over the boards.

When did they throw one at a fellow fan?

Ps - having been sat very close to the UB at Hampden, there were plenty of non members in amongst them that sneaked into their section last stewards without tickets

It wasn't deliberate but at the Livingston cup game a fan got injured by one of the flares that was thrown from their section.

It wasn't deliberate but at the Livingston cup game a fan got injured by one of the flares that was thrown from their section.
The same woman that ran to the papers? Someone let off a banger and the girl that was injured/scared was offered free tickets and merchandise from Ross after it happened. It was purely accidental and I am all for safe use of pyrotechnics if eventually made legal.

Too many folk at Ibrox who don't sing and sit down all game. It also doesn't help when your club's Ultras are stuck in the corner of the ground which doesn't allow noise to travel well. The Board needs to act on this as it would drastically improve the atmosphere. Look at the likes of German clubs that have it. Even those in the East have a better atmosphere because of it.

Again, it’s easy to blame it on them but having witnessed at several away games the amount of folk that sneak into their section without tickets, i think it’s harsh to automatically blame them

It’s also not as easy as saying “they need to police it”. Imaging the trying to tell young guys , some who are neds from what I seen, to gtf out of their section. Would end up a punch up

The vast majority of folk stand in the Broomloan. Folk have season tickets in the Broomloan like myself because I want to be apart of improving the atmosphere.

The term “safe standing” winds me up. It’s STANDING ffs. It was safe for over 100 years despite very packed stadiums until some deadly decision making by a few cops.

Absolute shambles that there was no mention of it in this "fan improvement survey". I couldn't care less about WiFi right now. I want a dedicated safe standing section where the likes of myself and other supporters can congregate and take part in singing for 90 minutes and being involved in displays.

The Union Bears need to be moved from BF1 and Safe Standing implemented into the Broomloan Front which is the only sort of suitable place as there would be an uproar if it was in the Copland Front despite it being the traditional Rangers End. 99% of all chants/songs originate from the Broomloan Front currently.

I know there's older supporters on here that don't understand what it's about but the younger generation of fans clearly want this to go forward.

I honestly hope the Board deliver it as it seems to have been swept under the carpet and they don't seem to understand what supporters actually want. Any information regarding Safe Standing yet @Greg Marshall ? The likes of Kilmarnock are getting it before us.
Spot on mate, the fact anyone is willing to stand in the way of improving the atmosphere at games baffles me completely.

The atmosphere last week against Porto was quite frankly woeful aside from the 5 minutes between our goals

The whole stadium should have been embarrassed that the best we could do for an atmosphere was that.
The UB were singing all game but it’s literally an echochamber at Ibrox. Folk on here saying it’s going to be “bouncing” aye it will be after we score.

The same woman that ran to the papers? Someone let off a banger and the girl that was injured/scared was offered free tickets and merchandise from Ross after it happened. It was purely accidental and I am all for safe use of pyrotechnics if eventually made legal.

This gets brought up time and again, but bringing this into the debate is completely pointless imo. They are never going to be legalised in a football grounds here mate.

Regarding the debate on safe standing my take on it (from the outside looking in) is that the UB have work to do with the Club before it'll even be up for discussion. Not only have they openly been blamed for the recent partial closure (wrongly imo), they also released that fuckwit statement supporting the use of pyrotechnics, even though they are banned/illegal. Whether people agree or not with the rule is irrelevant, there's no way the club are going to be seen to be encouraging it.

FWIW I'm in favour of it and would like to see it in a prominent position in the stadium.

Soon or it’s just going to drag on. The club have done all the surveys and it’s not even expensive in the grand scheme of things. We’re close to the anniversary of the club’s formation.

Can the club just deliver this as it’s going to be the most cheapest thing but improves the matchday experience greatly for supporters?
Totally agree mate.

The whole of the Broomloan Front.

Stop faffing around and using delaying tactics nonsense. Just do it Rangers!!!

Clubs in Germany implemented it with ease and they haven't looked back. Been an absolute success story. WTF are we worried about ffs?!

Get on with it!!!

I’ve heard of local junior teams putting it in so I’m sure Rangers could manage.
Exactly mate.

Kilmarnock are doing it. 400 safe standing spaces - at a cost of £40,000. It's not expensive.

It's typically of this board to just faff around without just getting on with it. So frustrating.

Kilmarnock update from last week:

"We wish to inform supporters on the progress of the safe standing project following last month’s update.

The rail seats for the safe standing areas have been safely delivered to Rugby Park and along with our stadium management team, we are currently working with the installers and East Ayrshire Council, from a safety testing perspective, to arrange a mutually suitable date to get these areas in place.

The £40,000 project, which has been funded by fans through the Trust In Killie initiative, will lead to 394 rail seats being placed in two areas of the East Stand as well as a section of the Moffat Stand, allowing families and younger supporters to get a taste of this passionate element of football culture."

Surely the “older generation” would understand this more than most having been part of the generation that grew up with terracing and all standing arenas?

Back