Safe standing set to go ahead in premier League and championship

I think we're behind the curve on a number of things, due to where we've as a club the past decade or so.

I'd like to see it, it just can't be top (or near the top) of the priority list just now. Doesnt make sense from a business perspective.

If the fans that want it were to create a fund to pay for it then that's a different matter

Surely keeping fans happy is business sense?

Same handful of people with new usernames jumping up and down.

Nobody cares. Ibrox Stadium was the envy of most clubs for the last few months. Stands bouncing, cameras shaking. Safe Standing or not. Its really not important.

Some clubs cant get a million views for a match highlights on BtSport youtube. Rangers can get them for a video of fans and players celebrating.

Why would you expect anyone at the club to then change the stadium layout “to be like everyone else” when it would appear we would be what everyone else is trying to aspire to. Getting a pile of kids to stand about giving it “woooahhh” euro noise is the best they can muster. It would appear.

You cared enough to post on this thread.
Well yes of course. When the same handful of people make a new username every other month to jump up and down presenting falsehoods.

All the while presented with evidence of the greatest ever Ibrox atmosphere, as the last match played at the stadium (just about)

i think it's clear that our board (for whatever reason)do not want to go down the road of safe standing at Ibrox,
It’s not for whatever reason, it is because it will cost a lot of money and add not further value. They would much rather spend money to add more corporate suites which do add money than do something for your standard fan.

That the majority want safe standing. They don’t.

Leave the mutual back slapping people to it.

Until we do a poll, I'd say you can't say either way.

Of all the people I know, and it seems to me a large portion of this forum, want safe standing.

Just because we can generate a great atmosphere, doesn't mean we shouldn't aim to improve it if possible. Safe standing might do that and, as others have pointed out, the BF is mostly stood anyway.

Its not just about the UB, if you get more like minded fans congregated in one stand like at aways then the atmosphere is going to improve, a few thousand voices are louder than a few hundred.

So the key issue isn’t really safe standing, it’s the relocation of thousands of ST holders to get “like minded ones together”?

I’m not necessarily against that, but if that’s the case safe standing is actually a side issue.

That the majority want safe standing. They don’t.

Leave the mutual back slapping people to it.
When the survey was done, the majority were in favour of it but it didn’t go much further. Obvious caveat is the sample size and could be argued it’s not representative of the views of the whole support

Reality is, until the club earmark where they’d want it, they couldn’t do a targeted survey with affected ST holders which would come before a holistic survey

Anyone claiming the majority of the full support is in favour is making an unfounded claim. There’s similarities to the phantom survey done regarding cutting Celtics allocation right enough but hey ho, separate issue all together

It’s not for whatever reason, it is because it will cost a lot of money and add not further value. They would much rather spend money to add more corporate suites which do add money than do something for your standard fan.
Make the fans fund it then.

Offer the opportunity and say it will cost X amount more than your normal ST as a one off payment to cover the cost. Simple solution if that’s what’s holding it up

Thats the issue though! Fans are standing at seats that aren't designed for it. How many times have you went arse over tits during a game. SAFE standing is a must.
my legs were absolutely gubbed after braga then at hampden a few days later. Would do it all over again don’t get me wrong but your point is 100% correct

It would be good at some point we got to know if the board have a long term regarding our stadium
and the many issues that we would all like to see addressed and improved on.

I'm a supporter of safe standing. The whole of the Broomloan lower should be safe standing. People forget that you only rent the ticket from the club. For everyone that doesn't want it, there are plenty of others who will. The scum have done it and are doing another safe standing section again. Why are we so behind the times?

Practically nobody sits in the Broomloan anyway. It would afford those who want to sit an opportunity to move.
Better safe standing than unofficial standing.

It'll probably not happen, which is a shame.

Anyone giving it "Its ma seat", could just unscrew the c*nt when it's your last game, save the contractors a job.

But I imagine it's safe for a good while yet.

Board don’t get, no one wil vote with there feet and give up their seated ticket in protest, and even if they did plenty will swoop in and replace them

Disabled facilities are appalling and do not comply with UEFA Regulations which might, one day, bite us on the arse if they choose to enforce them. I'm sure long-time campaigner @forlanssister could confirm that. Addressing that is, without a doubt, a priority ahead of safe standing - as much as that will irritate some. Be great if we could address both but, as is becoming apparent, the finances simply are not there to do so at this moment in time.

100 % correct.

People really need to understand that.

Imho the best hope for those shouting for safe standing asap is in conjuction with disabled facilities as a mitigation to the inevitable reduction in capacity.

The Board would be negligent in their duties if they installed safe standing without first addressing the disabled issue and there's no doubt they know that.

100 % correct.

Imho the best hope for those shouting for safe standing asap is in conjuction with disabled facilities as a mitigation to the inevitable reduction in capacity.

The Board would be negligent in their duties if they installed safe standing without first addressing the disabled issue and there's no doubt they know that.
Safe standing is 1:1 in the uk, installing safe standing won’t increase capacity

Safe standing is 1:1 in the uk, installing safe standing won’t increase capacity

Only because there hasn't been a proper 2 step terrace just a straight swap seat for seat. The amount of work necessary to accommodate the required wheelchairs it may well require a reconfigured terrace below the wheelchair platform.

There will be one shot at this best get it right even if it means it takes a bit longer.

i think it's clear that our board (for whatever reason)do not want to go down the road of safe standing at Ibrox,

Sadly you’re right. Those in charge don’t give a flying fuck about what the support want

As long as we keep paying our cash. It’s not good enough

Only because there hasn't been a proper 2 step terrace just a straight swap seat for seat. The amount of work necessary to accommodate the required wheelchairs it may well require a reconfigured terrace below the wheelchair platform.

There will be one shot at this best get it right even if it means it takes a bit longer.
No, even with a 2 tiered step the uk rules is still 1:1. That could change in the future but as it stands now, it’s 1:1

I do agree the disabled facilities need upgraded based on what posters have said on here before. Unsure if the club will do it if it reduced capacity though but can only wait and see

That will change in time as well I reckon

Can see it being 1.5:1 ratio like Europe
I’m sure European competitions is 1:1 too - does dortmunds capacity not vastly reduce from league to European competition?

100 % correct.

Has there been any ideas floated about as to how the disabled facilities could be set out in Ibrox?

No, even with a 2 tiered step the uk rules is still 1:1. That could change in the future but as it stands now, it’s 1:1

I do agree the disabled facilities need upgraded based on what posters have said on here before. Unsure if the club will do it if it reduced capacity though but can only wait and see

Settling for a straight replacement of the existing seats for say rail seating would be extremely short sighted and would actually lead to a slight reduction in capacity due to the seat frame.

These type of changes always come in increments so better to do it right or not at all.

I’m sure European competitions is 1:1 too - does dortmunds capacity not vastly reduce from league to European competition?

Every German club does. Go take a look at what that section in Dortmund actually is it's obviously not what you think it is.

Euro competitions mean all seater

In the euro domestic leagues capacity goes up.

Dortmunds terrace isn’t even rail seating. Have a look. It’s a brilliant set up

I understand the club has more pressing matters than this, but that is why most clubs who make these changes use outside companies to organise feasibility investigations etc.

However as mentioned earlier in this thread, if changes are made to Ibrox the disability area should be first. The way these people are treated is a joke.

Every German club does. Go take a look at what that section in Dortmund actually is it's obviously not what you think it is.
There’s a barrier and 2 steps for each row.

Ours would be like Parkhead where is 1 single tier to each row

When will the club ever get its arse in gear and stop treating us with contempt. We have to endlessly speculate about so many things the club should be updating us on: MyGers, Edmiston House, Champions Wall, safe standing, etc. the Shut Up And Pay attitude will bite them big time one day.

The board don’t give a %^*& about the standard fan sadly mate

It’s needed at Ibrox

Of course folk will shout “Leipzig, Dortmund” as examples of great atmosphere

But they’re not the norm in the course of a season.

Home league games the atmosphere is dreadful.

Safe standing is needed across the full Broomloan Front in my opinion. Let the Union Bears take centre and expand.

The fact that lot have had it in for years and our board are still kicking the can down the road is poor

Club show the fans who want this no respect, half arsed comments - I'd honestly have more respect if they just come out and said no.

I personally think it is long overdue.
The excuse of "other priorities" is either a cop out, or a sign the clubs board can't multi-task...

It’s needed at Ibrox

Of course folk will shout “Leipzig, Dortmund” as examples of great atmosphere

But they’re not the norm in the course of a season.

Home league games the atmosphere is dreadful.

Safe standing is needed across the full Broomloan Front in my opinion. Let the Union Bears take centre and expand.

The fact that lot have had it in for years and our board are still kicking the can down the road is poor
Home league games also had a dreadful atmosphere at times when we had terracing. Safe standing isn't going to create the atmosphere that people think in the more mundane league games any more than it did in the days of terracing.

Home league games also had a dreadful atmosphere at times when we had terracing. Safe standing isn't going to create the atmosphere that people think in the more mundane league games any more than it did in the days of terracing.
No but UB being in the middle of the stand would. I’m not a huge fan of their tele flags going the full game but visually I accept it looks decent, but having them in the middle of BF would improve the Ibrox atmosphere considerably

Correct.I like my seat.And I certainly wouldn't be paying extra on my ST for the "privilege" of being allowed to stand.

No but UB being in the middle of the stand would. I’m not a huge fan of their tele flags going the full game but visually I accept it looks decent, but having them in the middle of BF would improve the Ibrox atmosphere considerably
It's something that we will never know unless we try it but I don't think it will in general.

I have no interest in it now as I'm far too old but nor am I against it. It won't affect me either unless they put it in CD7 :))

I agree
Honestly I think we are the most loyal passionate fans in the world and have proved this time and again
But we are a hard audience to please at times whether seated or standing ,it always amazed me at times how quiet 50k fans can be ,only interrupted by the groans from a misplaced pass .

,I'd love the UB lads to be in a more prominent position though ,because they have brought some amount of life and colour to our support.

Correct.I like my seat.And I certainly wouldn't be paying extra on my ST for the "privilege" of being allowed to stand.
Plenty would want to transfer into the BF if it was safe standing

So if you’re in the BF just now, you could easily get a transfer if you didn’t want to be part of the safe standing section

Is the feedback your receiving implying that it’ll be linked to capacity increase? Or is it happening regardless?

I think initially it was to be linked with an increase in capacity but don't think that's necessarily the case now

It has to happen regardless there isn'treally any option hence the reference at last years AGM.

Back