Safe Standing - Thoughts

I love seeing them also, however, safe standing campaign is for a better atmosphere and standing whilst watching the game.
TV viewers are secondary to the campaign.

I’m sure we all do but it shouldn’t be the deciding factor in where safe standing ends up being.

If we're going to have safe standing then we need to do it right. No point in choosing a location that isnt high profile. We're showcasing our fans to the world in addition to creating a better atmosphere and giving fans a chance to stand and sing. Maybe we should employ Liewell as a consultant because he certainly knows what's important.

If we're going to have safe standing then we need to do it right. No point in choosing a location that isnt high profile. We're showcasing our fans to the world in addition to creating a better atmosphere and giving fans a chance to stand and sing. Maybe we should employ Liewell as a consultant because he certainly knows what's important.
We’re on the tele a few times a year at Ibrox.
Twice against the scum and one or two others.
They’re usually on at the same time as an English game so I’m not too sure who we’re showcasing it to.
If anything our European games give us more exposure at Ibrox.
No issue with the sun for those games. Get the cameras in the Govan and show off our main stand complete with safe standing in both enclosures if that’s what takes your fancy.
At least your honest, you want it so you can be on the tele. I can understand that. It’s not the argument being put forward though. Safe standing is to create a better atmosphere at Ibrox. Not being on the tele.

Liewell would just put a big carpet over them no matter where they are situated.
Liewell heard it all now, he knows what is important.

The enclosures became the "rowdiest place back in the day" by default. The club had seated everywhere else and as we all know singing happens best in standing areas. Before they built the new stands the Derry was the place to be.
By the Derry do you mean where the Govan is now,
The Derry was where the Govan is till they made it bench seating and called it the centenary stand,Then the Copland road terracing became the choice of most Bears who would be considered the Rangers end and of course when the put the Copland stand up the enclosure took over as the place to be if you wanted a bit of atmosphere .

Does he indeed, the man is a fxxking snake and part of one of the biggest scandalous cover ups in sporting history.

But hey he set up a standing section for his rowdies so he knows what's important.

If we are showcasing our fans to the world then they have to behave in a manner befitting Rangers FC.

That means not singing about bobby sands or fxxking the pope or the ira.

We sing in celebration of our own beliefs and culture, sing positively about what makes us the people and setters of moral standards.

Do that and safe standing will come sooner rather than later.

Am not against the idea nor against a bit of banter but we need to be aware of the political game.

By the Derry do you mean where the Govan is now,
The Derry was where the Govan is till they made it bench seating and called it the centenary stand,Then the Copland road terracing became the choice of most Bears who would be considered the Rangers end and of course when the put the Copland stand up the enclosure took over as the place to be if you wanted a bit of atmosphere .

Correct. I posted similar on an earlier thread.

The only people who should even be considered for a “poll” is the people affected by the move, so people in the area where SS would be implemented. The rest can have an opinion, but it’s not an important one and certainly doesn’t need to be guaged in a poll
If the club decided to poll the season ticket holders affected would you be for or against the poll?

Does he indeed, the man is a fxxking snake and part of one of the biggest scandalous cover ups in sporting history.

But hey he set up a standing section for his rowdies so he knows what's important.

If we are showcasing our fans to the world then they have to behave in a manner befitting Rangers FC.

That means not singing about bobby sands or fxxking the pope or the ira.

We sing in celebration of our own beliefs and culture, sing positively about what makes us the people and setters of moral standards.

Do that and safe standing will come sooner rather than later.

Am not against the idea nor against a bit of banter but we need to be aware of the political game.

Once again I agree. I posted similar a few weeks back but I also suggested a way to take this forward. As is the way on FF I was criticised for my suggestion by some posters who said they didnt need to be told what to sing.

I believe we need Stewart Robertson to arrange a meeting with the SLO, Club 1872, UB, supporters' clubs and others. Start working on a strategy to develop a song book with dos and donts. Get it agreed and implemented and let it be known that we'll self police but also defend ourselves against out enemies.

Simply wishing it will happen spontaneously is futile. We need leadership and we need to engage the fans in meaningful dialogue.

Incidentally I was being facetious with regards Liewell.

We’re on the tele a few times a year at Ibrox.
Twice against the scum and one or two others.
They’re usually on at the same time as an English game so I’m not too sure who we’re showcasing it to.
If anything our European games give us more exposure at Ibrox.
No issue with the sun for those games. Get the cameras in the Govan and show off our main stand complete with safe standing in both enclosures if that’s what takes your fancy.
At least your honest, you want it so you can be on the tele. I can understand that. It’s not the argument being put forward though. Safe standing is to create a better atmosphere at Ibrox. Not being on the tele.

I dont want it so I can be on the tele. You've made a huge assumption there and you've got it spectacularly wrong. Read my other posts if you really want to know why Im in favour of safe standing.

Half the Broomloan front stand anyway. Easy call to make
I'm repeating myself here, but does anyone know if it is actually possible to use half of the Broomloan Front (say BF1,2,3) and have the rest remain seated? I would be pretty sure it would not be allowed and that the whole BF and corner would have to be used

I'm repeating myself here, but does anyone know if it is actually possible to use half of the Broomloan Front (say BF1,2,3) and have the rest remain seated? I would be pretty sure it would not be allowed and that the whole BF and corner would have to be used

The only reason would be that it would create restricted views of those next to the split. But it’s there anyway.

So you would support the poll being held then and accept the result?
I’m not really sure on your line of questioning
You’re repeating a question that I already answered in the original post you quoted.

I’ll try to explain,
If SS was to be implemented in for instance CF, then the only people who should be polled should be those in CF who would be impacted by it. Is that clear enough?

I can’t believe this is STILL being debated .

The club are further down the line than many think with this . Costings have been done .

It’ll be broomloan front and it doesn’t affect in any way , shape or form the away section allocation . It would be the exact same procedure as it is now , for the 200th time .

Design it so seats can be added. Similar to other clubs.

Obvious downside being the ss section would be smaller.

And evict people within that section to accommodate away fans, have we learned nothing from the "Broomie For Bears" campaign?

Safe standing doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

If it improves the atmosphere, then go for it. I’m quite happy in my seat.

The only reason would be that it would create restricted views of those next to the split. But it’s there anyway.
Thats my point. It would likely not be allowed for safety reasons for the very reason that using half the BF would create restricted views. This would cause those next to the split to stand.... and a domino effect leading the whole BF to stand

I dont want it so I can be on the tele. You've made a huge assumption there and you've got it spectacularly wrong. Read my other posts if you really want to know why Im in favour of safe standing.
You’ve said because it will showcase our fans and it will create a great atmosphere.
Copland Front doesn’t work because of the overhang in front of the East Enclosure.
Broomloan Front would work but you would have to lose capacity to keep a section of the front clear nearest the away fans so as to not obscure the view from the Govan East corner.
Govan Front won’t work because it would obscure the corners.
Middle of the stands wouldn’t work as it would obscure the sections towards the corner flags.
That only leaves the enclosures. But you don’t want that as the ultras wouldn’t be on the tele.
Ultimately safe standing is going to be nigh on impossible to facilitate.
Loads will see it as an opportunity for a better spec in the stadium. Who is going to accept the poor spaces down in the corners of the standing section? How will spaces be allocated? By group, by RSC? It’s a major headache for the club. And comes with no guarantee of solving the atmosphere. The piggery has a standing section, I bet it isn’t bouncing there when they play Hamilton in November.
If you’re serious about it you should make representation to Club 1872 and give them your suggestions. See if they support it.

I’m not really sure on your line of questioning
You’re repeating a question that I already answered in the original post you quoted.

I’ll try to explain,
If SS was to be implemented in for instance CF, then the only people who should be polled should be those in CF who would be impacted by it. Is that clear enough?
Misunderstood your post,no need for anymore debate on the SS issue,It'll be in BF as quoted in post 73

And evict people within that section to accommodate away fans, have we learned nothing from the "Broomie For Bears" campaign?
That will happen regardless of whether it’s a safe standing section or not. If an away allocation is needed for more than what the corner holds then it expands into the Broomloan.

Unless it goes the other way.

That will happen regardless of whether it’s a safe standing section or not. If an away allocation is needed for more than what the corner holds then it expands into the Broomloan.

Unless it goes the other way.

And that is why we cannot have it in the Broomloan, common sense dictates we should not surrender even a tiny potion of active supporters section under any circumstances.

And that is why we cannot have it in the Broomloan, common sense dictates we should not surrender even a tiny potion of active supporters section under any circumstances.
I think you are missing the point. If we don’t have safe standing and we draw a side than needs a bigger allocation then the away section moves into the Broomloan.

If we do have a safe standing section, then exactly the same thing happens.

Or have I misunderstood

I think you are missing the point. If we don’t have safe standing and we draw a side that needs a bigger allocation then the away section moves into the Broomloan.

If we do have a safe standing section, then exactly the same thing happens.

Or have I misunderstood

You're correct the "away section" extends into the Broomloan for games where teams get a bigger than normal allocation.

Safe-Standing in the Broomloan would be affected by this because if such a game was to happen for example a German team in the Champions League then Bears would have to be evicted to accommodate the away fans.

CF for me, simply as I sit there and would be happy to be part of it (but wouldn’t move to another area to be part of it)
And if all in CF feel like you.. ?
What about those in BR ( and other stands) who want a move there.
its pretty complex as can there be a fair way to decide who gets a berth?
Current CF 1st?
Open it up to the full support to request a move?

And if all in CF feel like you.. ?
What about those in BR ( and other stands) who want a move there.
its pretty complex as can there be a fair way to decide who gets a berth?
Current CF 1st?
Open it up to the full support to request a move?

That’s really the only fair way imo.
If it was in CF (just as an example) and the club ask the ST holders there if they want to stay in SS and they all said yes then there’s not much else the rest of the ground can do.
It wouldn’t be the case anyway imo I think a decent portion would move.

Be bold.

Install rail seating in the bottom tiers of the Broomie, Govan, Copland and the enclosures. Future proof for safe standing all around and the best/cheapest way to increase capacity surely?

Be bold.

Install rail seating in the bottom tiers of the Broomie, Govan, Copland and the enclosures. Future proof for safe standing all around and the best/cheapest way to increase capacity surely?
It doesn’t increase capacity at all. It’s 1:1 with Safe standing.

Be bold.

This will never happen. Not in the near future anyway. Small steps first.

It doesn’t increase capacity at all. It’s 1:1 with Safe standing.

At the moment I believe you’re correct. However Germany etc have higher ratios that could eventually be the case here. A 1:1.5 ratio would see a significant increase

If we're wanting the Ibrox roar back we need the Union Bears behind one of the goalposts either the Broomie or Copland Front. It would be easier to put in the Broomie Front as folk wouldn't object as much as they already want to be there for the atmosphere. With safe standing there is no dedicated seat for you and you can mostly stand where you want which would allow the UB to be in the middle with the megaphone and the drums.

I've got a season ticket in BF2 just to the right of the goalposts and I wanted a season ticket here because it's near the UB and the possibility of safe standing in two seasons.

If we're wanting the Ibrox roar back we need the Union Bears behind one of the goalposts either the Broomie or Copland Front. It would be easier to put in the Broomie Front as folk wouldn't object as much as they already want to be there for the atmosphere. With safe standing there is no dedicated seat for you and you can mostly stand where you want which would allow the UB to be in the middle with the megaphone and the drums.

Safe standing does have dedicated seats, not sure where you’re hearing otherwise.
It’s the exact same as now except there’s rails in front of you and the club has the option of locking the seats away or leaving them free to be up or down

Safe standing does have dedicated seats, not sure where you’re hearing otherwise.
It’s the exact same as now except there’s rails in front of you and the club has the option of locking the seats away or leaving them free to be up or down
In Germany most people stand where they want in the section. I don’t know how it’ll work here. I already know about the seats, the seats won’t get used anyway it’s a bypass of having terracing again as everyone will stand in the section.

In Germany most people stand where they want in the section. I don’t know how it’ll work here. I already know about the seats, the seats won’t get used anyway it’s a bypass of having terracing again as everyone will stand in the section.
We as a club will be more safety conscious and also having set seats helps with accountability for unacceptable behaviour.
The seats will need to be used in Europe and possibly in cup games (iirc)

@It Is Old But Beautiful is talking about teams like Dortmund and Frankfurt who just have the one massive terracing. And what happens is you buy your season ticket for the specific stand but you can go and stand anywhere you want for the match - nobody has a designated seat.

I think that would be or best option but sadly it won’t happen because it’s 21st century Scotland and we all know the score with health and safety pish.

Imagine that though, everyone standing with their mates and RSC’s - the way it used to be. The UB would take control at the front and centre of the section with mates and RSC’s grouped up throughout.

If that happened in the Copland Front I would cream my pants. Unfortunately I can’t see it happening, but that would be a dream scenario.

We as a club will be more
@It Is Old But Beautiful is talking about teams like Dortmund and Frankfurt who just have the one massive terracing. And what happens is you buy your season ticket for the specific stand but you can go and stand anywhere you want for the match - nobody has a designated seat.

I think that would be or best option but sadly it won’t happen because it’s 21st century Scotland and we all know the score with health and safety pish.

Imagine that though, everyone standing with their mates and RSC’s - the way it used to be. The UB would take control at the front and centre of the section with mates and RSC’s grouped up throughout.

If that happened in the Copland Front I would cream my pants. Unfortunately I can’t see it happening, but that would be a dream scenario.
That’s what I was trying to say.

We’d probably have to give away fans the Copland if it came to it.

There’s no way we could allow away supporters to sit in our safe standing section. The mentally challengeds would just rip it apart.
That will never happen the Copland is the original rangers end so that will never happen in a million years

That will never happen the Copland is the original rangers end so that will never happen in a million years
Well the argument is if that the Copland is the original Rangers end the safe standing should go in there.

So that situation should never arise. However if the board decide on putting the safe standing section in the Broomloan then fans in the safe standing shouldn’t lose their seats.

Back