Safe standing?

Tbf to the op I reckon he’s right . The money argument is bollocks. If teams like Kilmarnock can afford it then no reason we can’t . It prob would cost about 200k to turn the BF into safe standing . If necessary I’m sure UB will help with fundraising. I’m sure between the fans we would raise the money

The board either need to come say when it’s happening or if they don’t want it then why don’t they want it . This whole we are looking into it is bs. It’s been 3 years since they said that . Seems to me that don’t want it and if so they need to say why

If they do want it and it’s just the money then go to the UB and say. We have a quote for X amount from a company to do the work. If you raise that money we will go ahead with it.

Simply there silence means they don’t want it and it’s unacceptable because so Many fans do want it and we at least deserve a reason why they don’t want it

Last edited:
I initially thought so ,but from a construction point of view .Once we get back to more normal working we still won't have fans in the ground so we would have time to do it.

At this present moment in time, with season ticket renewals, MyGers memberships getting launched and general uncertainty around the game, it's way down the list of priorities mate.

In a few months, that will change and it may be a better time for discussions.

Safe standing is an important issue that would make a huge difference to the match atmosphere,Now is completely the wrong time to prioritise it.

would be good if they could actually fill the rest of their stands let alone a safe standing area

That’s an issue for them and not really relevant to the issue. They still have a safe standing area. I expect we will be one of the last clubs in the country to get one . We never seem to lead the way on issues around match day Experience

That’s an issue for them and not really relevant to the issue. They still have a safe standing area. I expect we will be one of the last clubs in the country to get one . We never seem to lead the way on issues around match day Experience
think the team is priority just now not supporters standing which can wait till we get everything else fixed

At this present moment in time, with season ticket renewals, MyGers memberships getting launched and general uncertainty around the game, it's way down the list of priorities mate.

In a few months, that will change and it may be a better time for discussions.

What are you talking about priorities for? It would cost buttons and take about a day and a half. We could have done it at any point over the last couple of years but it's clear the club don't fancy it for whatever reason.

think the team is priority just now not supporters standing which can wait till we get everything else fixed

Why can’t both be done ? It’s hardly massively expensive and I reckon money could be raised by the fans through UB fundraising. right now when Fans can’t access the ground is surely the best time . I honestly reckon that for whatever reason the board just don’t want it to happen and I’d like them to tell us the reason if true

The argument they are looking into it no longer washes after 3 years. They either need to tell us when it’s going to happen or tell us the reason why it can’t happen

I stood in the east enclosure for a good few years.
It could add to the atmosphere , but it needs to be punters that like a sing song.

What are you talking about priorities for? It would cost buttons and take about a day and a half. We could have done it at any point over the last couple of years but it's clear the club don't fancy it for whatever reason.

I'm replying to the specifics of the OP, not the general principle of safe standing, which I support.

So that's why I'm "talking about priorities."

It's not a priority, right at this time.

Surely now is the right time for the club to be in consultation with the fans to make this happen for next season 21/22?
If not then it’s fair to say it’s never going to happen.

If the corners get filled in they will put safe standing in probs in the bottom corner between the govan and copeland, I think, if the cost is right to do so, but ed house and new Copeland way are first priority just now that going to be a multi million pound project

Does it sell more tickets? No.
Does it cost money yet bring in no more money? Yes.

Not happening.
Could the club offer it to the Union Bears if they fund it themselves? Yes.
Would the Union Bears pay for it themselves? Probably
Would the Union Bears prefer the choice? I suspect yes.
Either way, it's worth a conversation between the club and the Union Bears.

Fs we have priorities,Do you not think we have enough problems just now ?, if you want to stand fkn stand but our all seater stadium was built because of what happened to our 66, it was built as a tribute to our 66, end of fkn story !

Fs we have priorities,Do you not think we have enough problems just now ?, if you want to stand fkn stand but our all seater stadium was built because of what happened to our 66, it was built as a tribute to our 66, end of fkn story !
It's not the end of the story, even if you think you can decide it is. There will be standing areas at Ibrox, it's just a matter of when.

Don't understand the negativity towards the OP, it's a fair point. The matchday atmosphere at Ibrox has been woeful for years, except the odd occasion like Braga/Rapid Vienna.

Even Kilmarnock have installed safe standing before us.

It's not the end of the story, even if you think you can decide it is. There will be standing areas at Ibrox, it's just a matter of when.
You think so?
So where do you put it & who moves for it?
People have sat in same seat for 30 year & their going to move for it, no danger, if they want to stand in the broomy where they are then do that, it wont be putting other bears including our older bears out their seats

Don't understand the negativity towards the OP, it's a fair point. The matchday atmosphere at Ibrox has been woeful for years, except the odd occasion like Braga/Rapid Vienna.

Even Kilmarnock have installed safe standing before us.

Why do people need a rail seat to sing more at games?

Me too, my season ticket was for standing in their. Still their, just seated now.
There s no point in having cardboard cut outs as fans while standing.
Maybe more aimed at the younger fans .
I was 19 when souness arrived and being pissed in the enclosure was great.
Dont know if i would be up for it now.

I think supporters groups should offer to crowdfund it, as otherwose club will just keep goving excuses by looks of it.

There s no point in having cardboard cut outs as fans while standing.
Maybe more aimed at the younger fans .
I was 19 when souness arrived and being pissed in the enclosure was great.
Dont know if i would be up for it now.
I was 13 when souness came float between a yes and a no. Remember the big wire barriers. Remember them on European nights. Pissing rain holding on to see foreign players warming up..

You think so?
So where do you put it & who moves for it?
People have sat in same seat for 30 year & their going to move for it, no danger, if they want to stand in the broomy where they are then do that, it wont be putting other bears including our older bears out their seats
Absolutely. And so they should. Nobody owns their seat. Who is they? Plenty of folk not currently located in the Broomloan Stand would likely move.

I think supporters groups should offer to crowdfund it, as otherwose club will just keep goving excuses by looks of it.
Believe this has been discussed/offered before & did not help negotiations.

The board prefer Ibrox the way it is just now. Putting all "fanatical" fans together to make more noise is not something they want.

Absolutely. And so they should. Nobody owns their seat. Who is they? Plenty of folk not currently located in the Broomloan Stand would likely move.

No one around me would move and none that i know say they would move either, so with STs being so tight (in normal circumstances) id have to beg to differ

Back