Saido Berahino - sacked by Stoke

Nathan9719972

Said Berahino has been sacked by Stoke City, Sky Sports News understands.
Berahino was banned from driving and fined £75k earlier this month for drink driving. He was almost 3 times over the legal limit.
Stoke have told Berahino his contract is being terminated.
The player has three years left on that deal which runs until 2022.
Sources close to Berahino have told Sky Sports News they are considering a legal challenge against Stoke’s decision.

Gerrard has a touch of the Walter's about him in my opinion.

Think he could get the best out of a broken player.

No no no no no no no and no again

Glad though someone has taken a contractual stance against drink driving. They'll probably get told to pay him compo though

Who was the other nutter that we were talking about on here last year? Ex Man U, West Ham kid/waster? Some (not Gerrard crucially) advocating giving him a trial. Did he screw the nut this season?

Who was the other nutter that we were talking about on here last year? Ex Man U, West Ham kid/waster? Some (not Gerrard crucially) advocating giving him a trial. Did he screw the nut this season?

Ravel Morrison? He’s playing in Sweden now so doesn’t look like it.

No no no no no no no and no again

Glad though someone has taken a contractual stance against drink driving. They'll probably get told to pay him compo though

Let’s be honest, if he was banging in the goals they wouldn’t have sacked him. He’s an expensive drain on wages who’s not performing on the pitch, the drunk driving is a handy excuse for them to cut loose.

Ravel Morrison.
Think he ended up in Scandinavia.

Would be a decent acquisition if he could get bck to the player he was with WBA. sometimes it takes something like this to screw the nut.
I think Gerard could turn him around, a pay as u play contract or a minimal basic wage with a healthy goal bonus would safe guard the club in case he didn’t screw the nut.

And so they should.
They entered a contract and should honour it.
They had no problem paying a wage to the poster boy of the ira.

Depends what his contract says though about acceptable behaviour, representing the club yadda yadda

I get caught drink driving in my job and im getting sacked

Depends on the terms of the contract, and whether there has been a breech by the player
Depends what his contract says though about acceptable behaviour, representing the club yadda yadda

Of course there will be stuff about representing the club publicly.
It's more than a touch hypocritical from the club who happily paid a wage to a supporter of child murder.

It's a pathetic attempt at taking a moral stance when you consider their recent history.

Of course the fact that Berahino hasn't kicked a ball compared to McLean being available every game has nothing to do with it.

See the point of this same employer paying the wage of a known terrorist sympathiser.
I don't disagree with that point, they shouldn't employ him full stop. But I've got no sympathy for anyone done for drink driving at 3x the limit, he should be in the jail in all honesty, let alone receive compensation.

I don't disagree with that point, they shouldn't employ him full stop. But I've got no sympathy for anyone done for drink driving at 3x the limit, he should be in the jail in all honesty, let alone receive compensation.
I've no sympathy fella, far from it.
I just don't see why Stoke of all clubs are seeking to take this stance when they had ample opportunity in recent times.

I've no sympathy fella, far from it.
I just don't see why Stoke of all clubs are seeking to take this stance when they had ample opportunity in recent times.
Selective dismissal. As has been said if he was doing the business on the pitch it would be a mealy mouthed statement and a sad face apologising for letting the club down, move on.

The guy had one decent season and was then hyped to high heaven by the English media. The boy believed his own hype and was more concerned about bidding wars and getting a big money contract and he forgot to play football.

I think him and thumbheid would be BFFs. They could car-share on the way to training and court.

FBS

and from Burundi.

I'm not sure if your joking or not, but he played for all the England youth teams and was in the full team squad (although not playing) a while ago until he realised he wasn't good enough to get a game and went to play for Burundi last year

It is his 3rd time being convicted of drink driving though, if he likes a bevvy why doesn't he just get an uber, or pay somebody to drive him around

Scum will go for him. Lennon to batter him with a chair within 3 weeks. Dressing rooms imploads. Lennon sacked by Christmas and we go on too win 55.

You never know

I'm not sure if your joking or not, but he played for all the England youth teams and was in the full team squad (although not playing) a while ago until he realised he wasn't good enough to get a game and went to play for Burundi last year

It is his 3rd time being convicted of drink driving though, if he likes a bevvy why doesn't he just get an uber, or pay somebody to drive him around

I did say “I know” at the foot of my post

Aye but you're a bus driver :))

Seriously though one of our sales reps got done in a "morning after the night before" situation. He wasn't sacked, but the company hired a driver and reduced the reps salary to cover the cost. Expensive lesson for him, probably no hardship to pro footballer though.

Scum will go for him. Lennon to batter him with a chair within 3 weeks. Dressing rooms imploads. Lennon sacked by Christmas and we go on too win 55.

You never know

I don't think that's a good outcome. If he's sacked by Christmas, they may get someone good in to give us a challenge in the second half of the season. I think we want him sacked no earlier than March.

Back