Saido Berahino - sacked by Stoke

I don't think that's a good outcome. If he's sacked by Christmas, they may get someone good in to give us a challenge in the second half of the season. I think we want him sacked no earlier than March.

Understand what your saying mate. Thing is if we do what we’re all hoping we do and go ahead of them, I think it’s very unlikely that Lennon will stay for that amount of time. They’ll panic around Christmas and bring somebody else in.

Mental to sign him in the first place.

Guy has flushed his career down the drain, looked really promising a few years back as well.

Great player as a youth;but as soon as the first big money contract was given to him at West Brom,the demise started. Albion must be thanking God they managed to punt him for as much as they did, as he was off the rails big time before he even got to Stoke!!...and it showed.
Avoid or count the cost!!

Selective dismissal. As has been said if he was doing the business on the pitch it would be a mealy mouthed statement and a sad face apologising for letting the club down, move on.

Indeed. Stoke using his conviction to conveniently cancel a contract they regret entering into. Absolutely nothing moralistic about this decision, only the fact that he was a liability.

We aren't the fucking Samaritans and should be be wary of signing such a down n out in my eyes. In saying that though Gerrard could be the type of guy to settle the lad down if that's possible and offer him a chance to kick start his career.

It's definately would be high risk but with clauses in his contract covering us if he goes AWOL then possibly an idea.

Back