Saido Berahino

Robert Prytz

Convicted of Drink driving despite telling court he was only using car to escape armed robbers, now suspended by Stoke and his career seems to be in freefall.

An example to every kid out there with a bit of talent that has a purple patch with a ‘provincial’ club.
Compare it to Jack Grealish at Villa, who they refused to sell last summer. He’s got his head down and kicked on especially under the new manager and he’s one game away from the EPL

Surely Stoke will take this chance to bin him?
Don’t think they could give him away with his awful scoring record.

He’ll be on about 3x that!

He’s a wank.

Agreed though - where you earn in excess of ‘X’ the fine should be huge.
You're right the punishment is disproportionate. An average Joe gets fined enough to be at best a significant pain. That's before you consider people losing their jobs because they can't commute etc.

What will happen to him? Sacrifice less than a day's wage to pay a driver for a year.

I remember getting excited about the prospect of signing him when Warbs was in charge.

Now it couldn't look like any bigger of a bullet dodged.

That cohort of English players seem to have either gone on to have great careers (Raheem Sterling, Harry Kane, Jesse Lingaard) or gone off the deep end early (Saido Berahino, Ravel Morrisson, Steven Caulker)

I remember getting excited about the prospect of signing him when Warbs was in charge.

Now it couldn't look like any bigger of a bullet dodged.

Was there every anything in that? I remember a poster saying we should ‘push the boat out’ as we’d provably get him for a mere £9m :rolleyes:

Just watched Leeds v Derby , the game was full of young players bursting their baws for a chance to reach the holy grail of the EPL . Then I read about this idiot who started out in the EPL and seems determined to fire his career in the polar opposite direction .

Was there every anything in that? I remember a poster saying we should ‘push the boat out’ as we’d provably get him for a mere £9m :rolleyes:

To be honest, I can't remember the smaller details. I think he was available on a free in the summer, up until he signed for Stoke in the January, or at least that's my memory of it.

Seems like an absolute wanker of a guy. When does his contract at Stoke end? He'll be on the scrapheap shortly.

Back