Saint and greavsie - full episode 89-90

Wow, I remember that youth World Cup, those Saudis were way older than 16!
I have only watched the first 5mns, but it even has that Man U owner Knighton giving his speel.
Great find OP, I will finish watching later.

I have only watched the first 5mns, but it even has that Man U owner Knighton giving his speel.
I recall hearing a story that the Saudis were out celebrating and were stopped getting into a disco in Stirling (I think) that was over 21's only and proceeded to pull out their passports as proof of over 21.

Michael Knighton as Manchester United Chairman, too

Was that the weekend that Knighton went on the pitch dressed up in a kit, scored in front of the stretford end, went banana's and the entire board of directors watched in horror and immediately changed their mind on his bid?

Was that the weekend that Knighton went on the pitch dressed up in a kit, scored in front of the stretford end, went banana's and the entire board of directors watched in horror and immediately changed their mind on his bid?

Lots of info in here

I doubt Greavies comment that the Saudis praying was them having a pre match vegetarian meal would go down well nowadays.
That was a good watch, thanks for posting.

I recall hearing a story that the Saudis were out celebrating and were stopped getting into a disco in Stirling (I think) that was over 21's only and proceeded to pull out their passports as proof of over 21.
Yes! I heard that too. I was at the final and couldn’t believe the look of the Saudi players.
Edit to add - I heard it was Victoria’s they showed their passports

Might well be the first time for 30 years I've not fast-forwarded through the 'adverts' but instead enjoyed each and every one of them.

Smoking and booze, what's not to like?

Enjoyed that. Good advert on train. I don’t know how I managed to forget Souness got a touch line ban for 12 months? Did I pick that up right?

It was revealed a few years ago that one was a Captain in the Saudi Army and had two kids.

Excellent watch, the good old days, night and day from the Political Correctness of today's TV programmes, there would be an outcry today about some of the comments made,
Two great players from the past talking football, These days there's pundits that played 150 games and won hee haw spouting nonsense and given a platform to do it.

I recall hearing a story that the Saudis were out celebrating and were stopped getting into a disco in Stirling (I think) that was over 21's only and proceeded to pull out their passports as proof of over 21

Was Edouard with them?

Thanks for posting OP. Fascinating (and depressing) just how much times have changed. Some of the financial sums mentioned (Barclays' renewal of league sponsorship meant English football will benefit by £7m; Man Utd the subject of a £20m takeover) are laughable today. Can't believe it was only 30-odd years ago - makes me feel very old !

Enjoyed that. Good advert on train. I don’t know how I managed to forget Souness got a touch line ban for 12 months? Did I pick that up right?
yes which led him to another 2 year touchline ban as he breached that one as he was caught via TV pictures doing it, ironic as he could have got around the ban by naming himself in the team as he was still a registered player

yes which led him to another 2 year touchline ban as he breached that one as he was caught via TV pictures doing it, ironic as he could have got around the ban by naming himself in the team as he was still a registered player

That is crazy - I do not remember all that. When I think of the antics of some these days and get what 3 games at worst.

I was at the under 16 final, O’Neill missed a pen in ET to win it and another in the shootout didn’t he?

Didn't John McGregor get banned from the touchline for about 5 years when he was a coach with us?
I've a vague recollection of this.

Quite funny to hear Souness saying that the big English clubs couldn't compete with the big continental sides. Changed days indeed.

I read an article last year around this time Murray was rumoured to be buying Man United with Souness taking over as manager and Walter taking over at Ibrox.

Apparently it was nipped in the bud because Murray was not allowed to have dual ownership of two clubs. I am not sure this was a Murray moonbeam but at that time things like champions leagues and premier leagues were on the horizon so who knows.

Back