Sakala Interview from Africa

All sounds positive, seems a level headed but confident fella. Interesting that he choose us rather than look to go to England or France or Spain, and in doing so he is probably acknowledging that he still has to develop a bit more before being able to succeed at that level. Having Gerrard and a pop at the Champions League also helps, going by the interview.

Looking forward to seeing him play. Looks quite dynamic with a good burst of pace, and also a good range of goals going by his YouTube highlights.

Good find OP!

It's brilliant to hear from Fashion's own account of how honed Stevie G's motivational skills are, that they even work over the phone with someone you've never met in making him believe he can be the next Suares for Rangers.

I am feeling more privileged knowing he's our manager and is sharing his passion for the game with us and for the benefit of us.

Last edited:
A lot of people had a good feeling about Zungu but it never really materialised at least he will be able to have a full pre season

there wasnt much in the highlights that appealed to me with Zungu. I was hoping I was wrong but I think Fashion fits into our front three nicely.

Sounds like a lad who really responds to feeling wanted and loved. If he's got anything about him this could go well.

It originally seemed as a bit of a typical free transfer squad player transfer, but there's potentially a bit more to it than that. Hopefully Wilson and the gaffer have found a diamond

Last edited:
Sounds like a lad who really responds to feeling wanted and loved. If he's got anything about him this could go well.

It originally seemed as a bit of a typical free transfer squad player transfer, but there's potentially a bit more to it than that. Hopefully Wilson and the gaffer have found a diamond
Looking forward to this one , have a good feeling he will do well.

West Ham, Galatasaray, Lille, Royal Antwerp were four clubs linked with him a few weeks ago.

The lad always seems to be smiling, that’s how he plays his football - with a big smile, full of energy and his experiences in his younger days and brutal upbringing means he takes nothing for granted. Hard work, determination, dedication and experiences growing up have got him to where he is today - ability as well. He never forgets his past and it makes him stronger.

I don’t think we’ll ever have a problem with his work rate, attitude, application or dedication. This is a young man who’s head is firmly screwed on.

I’ve watched one live match involving Fashion Sakala and I really like what I see.

He just confirmed what we all knew to be the case anyway, when asked why he picked Rangers he said” it was God who picked Rangers for him”

If you look at Lille's transfer policy or the cover he'd provide for PSG, it seems like we're in good company thinking he's a top young talent

Really positive interview and the fact a lot of other clubs wanted him.

He will have a positive impact on the squad.

Mentions at the end he has ambitions to keep stepping up his career which I take as a good thing as likely means he will be out to impress.

Back